Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:24 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Default Manhunt under way for cop killer

Police officer killed, 3 others wounded

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- A massive manhunt is under way after four Miami-Dade County, Florida, police officers were shot Thursday, a police spokeswoman said. One of the officers later died, Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Alvarez said.

Police and ambulances converge on the scene where four officers were shot Thursday.

Cmdr. Linda O'Brien identified the suspect as Kevin Wehner, 30, whom she said should be considered "armed and dangerous."

''This is a very sad day for us. We need to get this guy,'' Alvarez told The Miami Herald.

One of the wounded officers is in good condition at Baptist Hospital in Miami and could be released later Friday, officials said.

The conditions of the other two injured officers were not released.

The four had been conducting robbery surveillance at a residential complex in Cutler Bay.

Officers said the suspect was "driving erratically" in the complex and when police tried to stop him, he fired a high-powered rifle at the officers.

O'Brien said she was unsure if the officers returned fire.

Several law enforcement agencies, including the FBI, are assisting in the search. A Black Hawk helicopter has been employed to help as well.

A car believed to be driven by Wehner was found at a nearby canal.

The rifle was found at the scene, but authorities say the suspect may have another weapon.

A large security perimeter has been set up to search for the suspect, and police are urging residents to stay indoors.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Yup, this is all over the news right now...streets are cordoned off, ect. I could not find an up to date article that does the story justice, so like many other south Floridians, I'm watching the tale unfold.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

I heard it was an AK-47 they found, which would explain how he took out four and got away.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay View Post
    I heard it was an AK-47 they found, which would explain how he took out four and got away.
    They think he's also wearing a bullet proof vest.

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Menlow View Post
    They think he's also wearing a bullet proof vest.
    The search area is roughly 18-20 miles south of us menlow, however...if any BSO helicopters start hovering overhead within the next hour or so, I'd be mighty concerned.

And if you see the "Channel 7" copter, then consider yourself totally fucked.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

08.22.16 @ 01:33 PM
    Liked 67 Times in 65 Posts

i say take him out with an AR15,level the playing field
    I used to wonder why he was grinning all the time(Michael Ian Black talkin about EVH on VH1 I love the 80's) but then i realized the reason he's grinning is because he's Eddie F*#king Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

listening to Schnitt on WIOD via the web.. Sounds like a possible hostage situation now.

It sounds like Interstates are getting shut down all over the place. Not to make light of the human tragedy, but traffic looks like it's gridlock in a lot of places, as well.
    Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Wickett View Post
    listening to Schnitt on WIOD via the web.. Sounds like a possible hostage situation now.
    (
    He carjacked a black Pontiac Vibe, with a woman and her kids in it...this does not look to end well.
    George Bernard Shaw

Last Online

Swell, he was spotted two and a half hours ago in Broward County. Apparently, a female accomplice sent officers on a wild goose chase via misinformation this morning/afternoon, so officers are reluctant to leave South Miami. In the meantime, he could be anywhere.
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 12:17 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Any updates on this scum bag?
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by OLO View Post
    Any updates on this scum bag?
    Still on the loose.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Menlow View Post
    Still on the loose.
    Unbelievable!!!

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

08.22.16 @ 01:33 PM
    Liked 67 Times in 65 Posts

Default He's dead!!!!

CUTLER BAY, Fla. - A gunman opened fire on four Miami-Dade County police officers during a traffic stop Thursday, killing one and injuring the other three. Police killed the suspect hours later, authorities said.

Dozens of officers from police departments across South Florida had been searching for 12 hours for the suspect, who investigators identified as Shawn Sherwin Labeet, 25. Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Alvarez said Labeet was found shortly before midnight Thursday in a Pembroke Pines apartment complex about 30 miles north of the initial shooting scene.

“There was an exchange of gunfire and the subject was shot and killed,” Alvarez said.

He said the family of the dead officer was informed of Labeet’s death.

“They asked us for one thing,” Alvarez said. “They asked us to catch the subject. Well, I’m happy to report that shortly before midnight, we found the subject.”

Alvarez identified the dead officer as Jose Somohano, 37, a married father of two. Another officer, Jody Wright, 31, underwent several hours of surgery to repair her severely injured leg. The other two officers were treated and released.

The officers were conducting burglary surveillance in the Cutler Bay area of southern Miami-Dade County when they stopped the man because he was driving a car erratically, police spokeswoman Linda O’Brien said. The man opened fire with a high-powered weapon without warning and fled. It was not immediately clear whether the officers returned fire.

Labeet, who may have been wearing a bulletproof vest, fled in his car, which was found abandoned 5 miles away, officials said. An AK-47 assault rifle was found inside, Alvarez said. It wasn’t immediately known if it was the weapon used in the shooting.

Girlfriend likely to face charges
    Labeet’s girlfriend had earlier given officers the name of another man, Alvarez said. Investigators wasted several hours looking for him before he came forward hundreds of miles away in Jacksonville, hearing that he was wanted. He was not involved in the shooting.

“I’m sure she’ll be facing some charges,” Alvarez said of Labeet’s girlfriend.

Several schools were locked down during the search in Miami-Dade and Broward counties, in suburban Miami.

Two other officers were shot separately last month in neighboring Broward County. One was killed, the other badly injured.
    I used to wonder why he was grinning all the time(Michael Ian Black talkin about EVH on VH1 I love the 80's) but then i realized the reason he's grinning is because he's Eddie F*#king Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:24 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Glad to see they got the scum. My prayers go out to the family of the fallen officer.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

Donor

It's a big relief for the whole area. Anyone willing to shoot four cops is a pretty dangerous and desperate fellow.