Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Last Online

04.27.08 @ 12:41 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default VH giving other bands ideas? Zep reforming

Just heard Led Zepplin members w/jason bohnam are reforming for a Atlantic records benefit. Do you think that w/ the Police, Genesis and VH getting back out on the road has influenced them to get back together and what other bands might come out of the woodwork to reform. Dont know if this belongs here, but thought that a trend was starting with all the classic bands getting back together. VH trend setters?
    Ya lollygag around around the infield, ya lollygag down to 1st, ya lollygag in and out of the dugout...ya know what that makes you?...LARRRY!!?......... .LOLLYGAGGERS!! lollygagers... -Bull Durham

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:34 AM
    Liked 11,541 Times in 4,916 Posts

Dude plenty of bands have been doing this for years. The Police announced their reunion way before VH did.

I realize most people loathe Sammy on this site now (for mostly bizarro reasons) in VH, but VH did get back together in 2004 as a band that sold a lot of records.

Plus this isn't a reunion of a classic band, it's 3 guys and a kid. Like Dave said, it's a new band.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Dude plenty of bands have been doing this for years. The Police announced their reunion way before VH did.
    Ya, I know, but these are pretty big bands as opposed to the poisons and go-go's of the world getting back together. Prob worded it wrong though. Just saying that a trend with the more recogonized bands with longer histories are reforming this year. Kinda cool seeing the trend and wondering which bands might take a cue from these bands.
    Ya lollygag around around the infield, ya lollygag down to 1st, ya lollygag in and out of the dugout...ya know what that makes you?...LARRRY!!?......... .LOLLYGAGGERS!! lollygagers... -Bull Durham

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

But it's not a classic band, it's a new band. The band that reunited in 2004 was a hell of a lot more of a reunion than this is. At least that was an actual band that recorded and released records, and sold millions of albums together. This is not that.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

But it's not a classic band, it's a new band. The band that reunited in 2004 was a hell of a lot more of a reunion than this is. At least that was an actual band that recorded and released records, and sold millions of albums together. This is not that.
    The 2004 tour was a reunion that is true, but so is this on a different scale. Just thought it was interesting to see all these bands playing again all in the same year. The current VH tour IS a reunion, just not a full scale reunion. Not trying to insult ya or start anything, I just wanna know people's opinion on if this could be the tip of the iceburg with bigger bands getting back out on the road.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

I just think bands have already been doing this, VH isn't doing anything anyone else hasn't been doing. Most of the big hard rock bands never left.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just think bands have already been doing this, VH isn't doing anything anyone else hasn't been doing. Most of the big hard rock bands never left.
    Probably right. Ya can close this. Just hoping to spark some discussion about VH's "reunion" situation vs. other bands situations and circumstances that led them to reform.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

LOL dude it's fine.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's cool. Didn't wanna start any static due to my threads that people didn't like in the past. Trying to be careful on what I thread and post. I heard about the Zep concert and got to wondering with VH's reunion situation w/Mike being out and all. What people thought about Jason playing drums due to his father being passed away and if the fans would consider that a reunion show. Or with Genesis reforming and the tickets being astronomically high for that show like Vh's shows. Lot of simalarities with those bands and Vh's tour. High tix, new replacements and questions about real reunions. I even read today that Stevie Nicks wouldn't get back together with Fletwd Mac due to them asking her unless Christie McVie was back with the band due to it not being a real reunion. Seems to be a lot of it going on.

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 11:21 PM
    Liked 3,107 Times in 1,819 Posts

Premium Member

I just think there are other bands that might have had a bigger influence on Zep, if any bands had any influence at all. Cream would probably be at the top of the list...

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 01:26 PM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

Plus this isn't a reunion of a classic band, it's 3 guys and a kid. Like Dave said, it's a new band.
    Are you talking about Van Halen or Led Zeppelin?

Just kidding.... Don't throw anything at me!
    Posted from yo' mama's house.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Isn't is intersting that no matter what the thread these days it inevitably turns into a "its not a reunion" thread? I LOVE THIS SITE!!!

Germany, about 5 Miles away from the North Sea
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me wise Magic
    Last Online

03.14.08 @ 06:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You can't compare these two Reunions.

For Led Zeppelin it will be much more anticipated. I'm not bashing VH now. But Led Zep's a MUCH bigger Legend than VH. And they do it right. Take small steps. One Show. Then take a breath and see what happens.

For Ed and the Guys, there's much more Work to do. Organize a Tour, communicate with the Media. All that Stuff.

So nothing which can be compared.
    The problem with self-improvement is knowing when to quit.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:56 AM
    Liked 1,461 Times in 897 Posts

Unfortunately, I heard that Led Zep is only doing the one show.

As for bands reuniting or thinking about it, Van Halen is not the first nor the last to do it. Yes, it's not the full-member reunion that people wanted but it is a reunion of DLR, EVH and AVH.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

01.29.13 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BOSOXRULE View Post
    That's cool. Didn't wanna start any static due to my threads that people didn't like in the past. Trying to be careful on what I thread and post. I heard about the Zep concert and got to wondering with VH's reunion situation w/Mike being out and all. What people thought about Jason playing drums due to his father being passed away and if the fans would consider that a reunion show. Or with Genesis reforming and the tickets being astronomically high for that show like Vh's shows. Lot of simalarities with those bands and Vh's tour. High tix, new replacements and questions about real reunions. I even read today that Stevie Nicks wouldn't get back together with Fletwd Mac due to them asking her unless Christie McVie was back with the band due to it not being a real reunion. Seems to be a lot of it going on.
    Actually, I think Page/Plant/Jones have been contemplating doing *something* as a tribute to Ahmet Artegun (Atlantic Records founder) since he died last year... having Jason Bonham play drums has been kind of the de facto arrangement for them since he played with them back in '88 at the Atlantic Records 40th anniversary celebration.
    So, I've seen these guys live:
    June 25, 1993 - Eddie/Alex/Mike/Sammy @ Pine Knob Music Theatre - Clarkston, MI
    Sept 03, 1998 - Eddie/Alex/Mike/Gary @ Pine Knob Music Theatre - Clarkston, MI
    July 11, 2004 - Eddie/Alex/Mike/Sammy @ The Palace of Auburn Hills - Auburn Hills, MI
    Oct 22, 2007 - Eddie/Alex/Wolfgang/Dave @ The Palace of Auburn Hills - Auburn Hills, MI
    Feb 20, 2012 - Eddie/Alex/Wolfgang/Dave @ The Palace of Auburn Hills - Auburn Hills, MI

Lurker since 2002