Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

VHII, FW, 1984, 5150, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

You want me to pick just one?
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 09:02 PM
    Liked 27 Times in 6 Posts

Over 500 scientists agree man-made global warming is a myth!

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...e,176495.shtml

WASHINGTON, Sept. 12 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A new analysis of peer-reviewed literature reveals that more than 500 scientists have published evidence refuting at least one element of current man-made global warming scares. More than 300 of the scientists found evidence that 1) a natural moderate 1,500-year climate cycle has produced more than a dozen global warmings similar to ours since the last Ice Age and/or that 2) our Modern Warming is linked strongly to variations in the sun's irradiance. "This data and the list of scientists make a mockery of recent claims that a scientific consensus blames humans as the primary cause of global temperature increases since 1850," said Hudson Institute Senior Fellow Dennis Avery.
    Other researchers found evidence that 3) sea levels are failing to rise importantly; 4) that our storms and droughts are becoming fewer and milder with this warming as they did during previous global warmings; 5) that human deaths will be reduced with warming because cold kills twice as many people as heat; and 6) that corals, trees, birds, mammals, and butterflies are adapting well to the routine reality of changing climate.
    Despite being published in such journals such as Science, Nature and Geophysical Review Letters, these scientists have gotten little media attention. "Not all of these researchers would describe themselves as global warming skeptics," said Avery, "but the evidence in their studies is there for all to see."
    The names were compiled by Avery and climate physicist S. Fred Singer, the co-authors of the new book Unstoppable Global Warming: Every 1,500 Years, mainly from the peer-reviewed studies cited in their book. The researchers' specialties include tree rings, sea levels, stalagmites, lichens, pollen, plankton, insects, public health, Chinese history and astrophysics.
    "We have had a Greenhouse Theory with no evidence to support it-except a moderate warming turned into a scare by computer models whose results have never been verified with real-world events," said co-author Singer. "On the other hand, we have compelling evidence of a real-world climate cycle averaging 1470 years (plus or minus 500) running through the last million years of history. The climate cycle has above all been moderate, and the trees, bears, birds, and humans have quietly adapted."
    "Two thousand years of published human histories say that the warm periods were good for people," says Avery. "It was the harsh, unstable Dark Ages and Little Ice Age that brought bigger storms, untimely frost, widespread famine and plagues of disease." "There may have been a consensus of guesses among climate model-builders," says Singer. "However, the models only reflect the warming, not its cause." He noted that about 70 percent of the earth's post-1850 warming came before 1940, and thus was probably not caused by human-emitted greenhouse gases. The net post-1940 warming totals only a tiny 0.2 degrees C.
    The historic evidence of the natural cycle includes the 5000-year record of Nile floods, 1st-century Roman wine production in Britain, and thousands of museum paintings that portrayed sunnier skies during the Medieval Warming and more cloudiness during the Little Ice Age. The physical evidence comes from oxygen isotopes, beryllium ions, tiny sea and pollen fossils, and ancient tree rings. The evidence recovered from ice cores, sea and lake sediments, cave stalagmites and glaciers has been analyzed by electron microscopes, satellites, and computers. Temperatures during the Medieval Warming Period on California's Whitewing Mountain must have been 3.2 degrees warmer than today, says Constance Millar of the U.S. Forest Service, based on her study of seven species of relict trees that grew above today's tree line.
    Singer emphasized, "Humans have known since the invention of the telescope that the earth's climate variations were linked to the sunspot cycle, but we had not understood how. Recent experiments have demonstrated that more or fewer cosmic rays hitting the earth create more or fewer of the low, cooling clouds that deflect solar heat back into space-amplifying small variations in the intensity of the sun.
    Avery and Singer noted that there are hundreds of additional peer-reviewed studies that have found cycle evidence, and that they will publish additional researchers' names and studies. They also noted that their book was funded by Wallace O. Sellers, a Hudson board member, without any corporate contributions.

Unstoppable Global Warming: Every 1500 Years is available from Amazon.com:
    http://www.amazon.com/Unstoppable-Gl.../dp/0742551172
    "One of the reasons I left Sabbath was because Van Halen was blowing us off the stage every night. It was embarrassing." -Ozzy Osbourne

"When I first heard "Runnin' With The Devil" on the radio, I was stunned and found myself dizzy, walking through my high school hallways thinking, "What was THAT?!"
    Eddie Van Halen was so innovative and kicked so much ass, and David Lee Roth was for a time indisputably the Greatest Man in America.
    If aliens came down and challenged us to a Battle of the Bands to decide the fate of Planet Earth, I would feel very confident putting early Van Halen forward as our champion." -Tom Morello

"A lot of bands mature, which means they get square; they start delivering messages. Hey, you got a message, use Western Union." -DLR

Last Online

01.01.08 @ 10:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ford is going to cry. For sure it's a Bush-made problem.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 11:33 AM
    Liked 1,385 Times in 760 Posts

The question is can we improve the situation? Yes we can. So let's do it before our grandkids see New York City underwater.
    Little Dreamer

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:06 AM
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

It doesn't matter if Global Warming exists or not, the main point is that we live in an age where the world economy is a laughing stock and we waste fuels and pollute by the minute. The world is fucked up because of us any way you slice it.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.20.12 @ 08:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think many of the changes we are going through are cyclical. But I also believe mankind has sped up the problem.

I highly recommend you watchin the DCD "An Inconvenient Truth".

It quite interesting and eye opening.
    As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.
    - John Lennon

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Too many to decide
    Last Online

10.08.15 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ain't Talkin' Bout' Love View Post
    It doesn't matter if Global Warming exists or not, the main point is that we live in an age where the world economy is a laughing stock and we waste fuels and pollute by the minute. The world is fucked up because of us any way you slice it.
    ATBL, you said it perfectly.
    Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it. DLR

Favorite VH Album

VHII, FW, 1984, 5150, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

You want me to pick just one?
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 09:02 PM
    Liked 27 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut View Post
    Ford is going to cry. For sure it's a Bush-made problem.
    "One of the reasons I left Sabbath was because Van Halen was blowing us off the stage every night. It was embarrassing." -Ozzy Osbourne

"When I first heard "Runnin' With The Devil" on the radio, I was stunned and found myself dizzy, walking through my high school hallways thinking, "What was THAT?!"
    Eddie Van Halen was so innovative and kicked so much ass, and David Lee Roth was for a time indisputably the Greatest Man in America.
    If aliens came down and challenged us to a Battle of the Bands to decide the fate of Planet Earth, I would feel very confident putting early Van Halen forward as our champion." -Tom Morello

"A lot of bands mature, which means they get square; they start delivering messages. Hey, you got a message, use Western Union." -DLR

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Bush has allowed corporate polluters to rewrite environmental regulations to their own benefit, and the expense of this planet.

That certainly isn't helping.

And in other news, the same 500 "scientists" also claimed the earth is flat, Bic Lighters can melt the steel frame of a 110 story building, and Moses rode a dinosaur to high school.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:08 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Bush has allowed corporate polluters to rewrite environmental regulations to their own benefit, and the expense of this planet.

That certainly isn't helping.

And in other news, the same 500 "scientists" also claimed the earth is flat, Bic Lighters can melt the steel frame of a 110 story building, and Moses rode a dinosaur to high school.

Did anyone not see this reply coming?
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Watch the hair!!!
    Favorite VH Album

VH/Fair Warning/5150/F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

R.Delight/Unchain./5150/C.Wabo
    Last Online

07.22.09 @ 11:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OLO View Post
    Did anyone not see this reply coming?
    Of course we did, but he won't see my reply since he's a coward and put me on "Ignore." I like how he posts on this site about how other people (i.e., Bush and Republicans) are afraid of dissent, while he puts me on "Ignore" because I post "inconvenient truths" (to coin a phrase from one of his heroes) that he can't answer in response to his posts.

Once again, he's decided those 500 scientists are wrong while defending the views of other scientists because...well, they are "better" scientists because they hold views that agree with his. You do have to love his consistency and logical thought process, huh?!?
    "Seems the old folks who come up short were the pretty little kids who didn't want it, no." - Van Halen (1979)

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." - Confucius

"The possibility that we may fail in the struggle should not deter us from supporting a cause we believe to be just." - Abraham Lincoln

Last Online

01.01.08 @ 10:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Delighted Romeo View Post
    You do have to love his consistency and logical thought process, huh?!?
    Ford has logical thought processes? Link to thread/post please.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

This what kills me:

Earth's climate is going to change, just ask the Dinosaurs or the Wooly Mamoths.

It happened before there was life on this planet and it's likely that a hundred million years or so from now the evolved Cockroaches will be arguing over the same issues.

Now, does any of this let us off of the hook as far as being good stewards of the planet? No.

If we can make something more fuel efficient then we should, if we can save energy we should and if we can do something cleaner than we should. That's just being smart...being human. It's also smart business because all of that saves money and overhead.

We also need to accept that there are many aspects of the climate that we cannot control nor influence: the Sun, the tides and Platechtonics, all of which impact the climate. The Los Padres Mountians have moved about 8 inches to the North over the last 40 years, that has to have an impact on the weather in the Western US just a smidge.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Delighted Romeo View Post
    Of course we did, but he won't see my reply since he's a coward and put me on "Ignore." I like how he posts on this site about how other people (i.e., Bush and Republicans) are afraid of dissent, while he puts me on "Ignore" because I post "inconvenient truths" (to coin a phrase from one of his heroes) that he can't answer in response to his posts.

Once again, he's decided those 500 scientists are wrong while defending the views of other scientists because...well, they are "better" scientists because they hold views that agree with his. You do have to love his consistency and logical thought process, huh?!?

Are you shittin' me? He put you on an ignore list. I wouldn't know how to do that. LOL. It must be cool to rock at computers yet still suck in the real world. You rock Ford. Why even do that? Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:04 PM
    Liked 1,625 Times in 871 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    ...And in other news, the same 500 "scientists" also claimed the earth is flat, Bic Lighters can melt the steel frame of a 110 story building, and Moses rode a dinosaur to high school.
    Source please?
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

Watch the hair!!!
    Favorite VH Album

VH/Fair Warning/5150/F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

R.Delight/Unchain./5150/C.Wabo
    Last Online

07.22.09 @ 11:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Van Halen View Post
    Source please?
    As we all know, FORD's attempting to demean opposing viewpoints -- whether those expressed by the 500 scientists or Linkers -- by posting a "straw man argument," which he loves to incorrectly accuse others of using here. And he wonders why some of us here look at him like he's a person not to be taken seriously...a clown, if you will.

If he didn't use the intentionally misleading and ridiculous arguments and premises in the last sentence of post #8, he'd be forced to admit (unless he simply decided to run away or put people on "Ignore" so he didn't have to read opposing points of view, which is another of his favorite cowardly practices) that perhaps there are divergent views on the issue of man-made global warming, with many of these scientists simply going where their data, testing, and analysis takes them. This is part of the necessary debate that occurs in the field of research, whether the phenomena being examined is in the world of the physical sciences or social sciences. But he doesn't understand because he obviously has no experience with the field of research and he is driven solely by ideology and emotion.

Overall, I think Axxman300 in post #12 captured my current views on the issue pretty accurately, though I'm willing to change my views depending on further empirical evidence.
    "Seems the old folks who come up short were the pretty little kids who didn't want it, no." - Van Halen (1979)

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." - Confucius

"The possibility that we may fail in the struggle should not deter us from supporting a cause we believe to be just." - Abraham Lincoln