Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:12 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Default State uses electric chair for first time since 1960

State uses electric chair for first time since 1960

NASHVILLE, Tennessee (AP) -- A man convicted of murdering four children with an assault rifle was executed Wednesday, becoming the first Tennessee inmate put to death by electrocution since 1960.

Daryl Holton confessed to killing his three sons and their half-sister with an assault rifle.

Daryl Holton, 45, had confessed to shooting his three young sons and their half-sister in 1997 in the town of Shelbyville, about 50 miles south of Nashville.

Holton told police he killed the children because his ex-wife had refused to let him see them. He said he intended to kill her and himself, but instead turned himself in.

As the hours ticked away Tuesday night, a group of attorneys petitioned the state Supreme Court to stop the electrocution, saying the execution method was cruel and unusual punishment. But the court rejected the petition.

Holton chose the electric chair over the state's preferred execution method, lethal injection. Under Tennessee law, death row inmates can choose between the electric chair and lethal injection if their crimes were committed before 1999.

Holton, a Gulf War veteran, confessed to the 1997 killings, saying he lined up the children at his uncle's auto repair garage and shot them.

Holton, 45, came within a day of being executed a year ago before getting a stay from the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeal. He was also among four death row inmates whose executions were postponed in February, when Gov. Phil Bredesen placed a 90-day moratorium on the death penalty.

Bredesen had cited a number of problems with the state's execution guidelines, including a jumble of conflicting instructions that mixed lethal injection instructions with those for the electric chair.

The Correction Department completed the revision of its procedures in March, the moratorium was allowed to expire and the four executions were rescheduled.

Holton made no special requests for his last meal, said state Department of Correction spokeswoman Dorinda Carter.

His lawyers have said he has a long history of mental illness and may have suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder from his Army service.

Nine states allow some or all condemned inmates to choose between lethal injection and another execution method, according to the Death Penalty Information Center, a research group that opposes the death penalty. Ten states have the electric chair, but only Nebraska uses it exclusively.

The last Tennessee inmate to die by electric chair was convicted rapist William Tines, who was executed November 7, 1960.

Virginia inmate Brandon Hedrick was the last person executed by electric chair in the U.S., on July 20, 2006, according to the center.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

08.22.16 @ 01:33 PM
    Liked 67 Times in 65 Posts

good riddance!!!!!
    I used to wonder why he was grinning all the time(Michael Ian Black talkin about EVH on VH1 I love the 80's) but then i realized the reason he's grinning is because he's Eddie F*#king Van Halen

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

The famous electric chair used in the state of Florida is nicknamed "Old Sparky". Judges sentencing a person to death in it casually refer to it's use as "Ride The Lightning".
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:01 AM
    Liked 432 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

I don't know if death by Old Sparky is less painful that gettin' the lethal cocktail. I've been shocked pretty good before and it was painful as shizzat. I don't why this guy chose Old Sparky, but it couldn't have been being the less painful of the two. Anybody ever see The Green Mile where the guy gets electrocuted and it goes wrong
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

10.16.17 @ 11:43 AM
    Liked 17 Times in 10 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buschman View Post
    I don't know if death by Old Sparky is less painful that gettin' the lethal cocktail. I've been shocked pretty good before and it was painful as shizzat. I don't why this guy chose Old Sparky, but it couldn't have been being the less painful of the two. Anybody ever see The Green Mile where the guy gets electrocuted and it goes wrong
    If the injection is done properly, it is less painful. But.....

All the hooplah about lethal injection not being humane is that there are signs now that not enough of one drug(whatever it is called) is being used in the process. Apparently, if too little is used, the person becomes paralized and endures 2-3 minutes of the most intense pain known to man.

To this I say.....why is any of it used anyway?????

That and the alcohol swab.....WTF???

I say superglue a firehose up their ass and turn it on.
    "Here's to swimmin' with bow legged women."
    Quint- Boat Captain
    --------------------------------------------------

"As God as my witness...I thought turkeys could fly"
    Arthur Carlson- Radio Station GM
    --------------------------------------------------

"I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park, and you wanna bail out! Well, I'll tell you something, this is no longer a vacation . . . it's a quest! It's a quest for fun! I'm gonna have fun, and you're gonna have fun! We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our Goddamn smiles! You'll be whistling Zip-a-dee-doo-da out of your assholes! "
    Clark W. Griswold- Food Additive Designer
    ---------------------------------------------------

VIVA TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND!
    Round I = Done!
    Round II = Done!
    Round III = Done!
    Round IV = Done!
    Round V = Done!
    Round VI = Done!
    Round VII = Done!
    Round VIII = Done!

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:04 AM
    Liked 787 Times in 378 Posts

Premium Member

Holton, a Gulf War veteran, confessed to the 1997 killings, saying he lined up the children at his uncle's auto repair garage and shot them.
    WTF!!

Public stoning would have been better than the lightning for him. People like this need to suffer more extreme pain and ridicule as they die.

I envy the man that gets to pull the switch. They should have a lottery so someone could win the honor of pulling the switch on this guy.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post
    ...People like this need to suffer more extreme pain and ridicule as they die.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

06.12.16 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy 150 View Post

That and the alcohol swab.....WTF???
    DUH! its because you wouldnt want them to get an infection now, would ya?

hell....i say the more suffering they go thru the better. drag it out.
    serves em right and maybe ppl will think twice about their actions before doing something stupid.
    """"\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

www.myspace.com/mikesisca

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

" SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!

“ Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) ” FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.