Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Youth Football Coach Sent Boy Home In Underwear

CINCINNATI -- Vickie Hatter is furious and wants someone to explain why her son was humiliated last week during football practice.

The Cincinnati mother said her 10-year-old son’s coach, Curt McKinney, sent the boy home from the Midwest Marauders' practice Friday in his underwear.

“He walks in with his T-shirt and his underwear and his cleats,” Hatter said. “He said, ‘Mom, you'll never believe what Coach Curt made me do.’”

Aucherae Washington explained that his coach had kicked him off the team after he deviated from team rules during a practice drill that had players running up and down a short hill.

“I chose to walk down the hill,” Aucherae said. “I ran to the middle of it then started walking down so I don't bump into (anybody), because if I do that I'm going to knock them probably a couple feet back.”

The boy said his coach berated him in front of the other players.

"’You're too slow for the team, you're no good for the team,’” Aucherae said the coach told him. “He told me to take off my stuff and give it back to him, and he said, ‘While you're at it, take off my pants.’"

Aucherae said he complied with the coach’s order in front of his teammates and some parents and took a seat in the bleachers, wearing only a T-shirt and boxer shorts.

He said he walked to a neighbor’s house nearby because he didn’t want cheerleaders to see him in his underwear.

“He wanted a pair of pants,” said neighbor Yvonne Workman. "He was upset, and he seemed like he was nervous and he didn't know what to do.”

The coach denied any wrongdoing, and Inner City Youth Football Collaborative officials said he has not been suspended because police have not charged him with a crime.

Police and league officials have each opened an investigation, and Hatter said she wanted some answers.

“What was going through his head at the time to have my child disrobe in a public park full of people, and how much he humiliated and took away his power,” Hatter said.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/14085833/detail.html
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance, ADKOFT
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight, As Is
    Last Online

03.30.15 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

power tripping on some kids? Fucking pathetic.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Ten is a little young for that kind of thing.

Most coaches get off on belittling people under the guise of "teaching life lessons", "making a man out of him", etc. Most coaches I dealt with were also low-class individuals off the field.

I'm sure there are good coaches out there, but when I look back on my coaches, I can't think of one that didn't have some serious character flaws. And in nearly every case, that fact became known in a public way at some point.

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I imagine the coach had a reason. The kid is probably not telling the whole truth about "deviating from rules"....

( I'm giving the coach the benefit of the doubt knowing what some kids are like these days,but 10 does seem a little young for this, I agree)

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by StonewallVH5150 View Post
    power tripping on some kids? Fucking pathetic.
    No kidding
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being,5150,WhenIt'sLove
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:44 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

I would say that ANY age is too young to force someone to strip down to their underwear in public, as a form of punishment, discipline, or anything else. I can say that, after 12 years of teaching, I've never found humiliation to be an effectivve teaching technique. Humilation of a child (especially around jr. high age) usually only leads to him/her acting out even more. Many times the child feels he/she has lost the respect of peers and teachers, which can and DOES lead to a lack of self-respect.

I'd definitely say that this "coach" crossed the line, no matter his reasons.

Meet me in Cabo!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:36 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Ten is a little young for that kind of thing.

Most coaches get off on belittling people under the guise of "teaching life lessons", "making a man out of him", etc. Most coaches I dealt with were also low-class individuals off the field.

I'm sure there are good coaches out there, but when I look back on my coaches, I can't think of one that didn't have some serious character flaws. And in nearly every case, that fact became known in a public way at some point.

I agree. As soon as I read your post memory's of Gym teachers and coaches came flooding back. Three gym teachers/coaches come to mind right off the bat. One was a complete dick to me in front of the entire school for no reason, I was talking to a friend as school let out and out of the blue this come comes up to me and starts to blast me. When I went home and told my Mom she phoned the school and set up a meeting, the gym teacher was in the meeting and totally LIED!!! I am not kidding this fucker lied like a sofa!! The friend I was speaking with even said he was liar. Nothing ever happened, as far as the school was concerned I was wrong, A year later this guy was fired for doing something similar.

Another gym teacher made us run the mile in the pouring rain in January, 13 kids went home sick, he laughed the entire time. This guy was a total dick, he really got off on being a bully to kids. He was the classic gym teacher football coach.

When I was in High School this gym teacher was total ass, he was always flirting with girls in the class. A few years later he was caught in the girls locker room sniffing panties - I am not kidding.

I know ..I know not all gym teachers or coaches are like that, but these guys were.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by OLO View Post
    I agree. As soon as I read your post memory's of Gym teachers and coaches came flooding back. Three gym teachers/coaches come to mind right off the bat. One was a complete dick to me in front of the entire school for no reason, I was talking to a friend as school let out and out of the blue this come comes up to me and starts to blast me. When I went home and told my Mom she phoned the school and set up a meeting, the gym teacher was in the meeting and totally LIED!!! I am not kidding this fucker lied like a sofa!! The friend I was speaking with even said he was liar. Nothing ever happened, as far as the school was concerned I was wrong, A year later this guy was fired for doing something similar.

Another gym teacher made us run the mile in the pouring rain in January, 13 kids went home sick, he laughed the entire time. This guy was a total dick, he really got off on being a bully to kids. He was the classic gym teacher football coach.

When I was in High School this gym teacher was total ass, he was always flirting with girls in the class. A few years later he was caught in the girls locker room sniffing panties - I am not kidding.

I know ..I know not all gym teachers or coaches are like that, but these guys were.

Planning to go see Mr. Woodcock?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

My junior high football coach and the principal embezzled nearly $9,000 from our team's fundraising proceeds. We sold candy bars, washed cars.....they simply lost their jobs, and paid the money back. Should've been charged.

My high school coach was involved in many things, organized things, so to speak. I'll let it go at that.

Drug dealing, affairs with students, wife-beaters.....very unique individuals.

My little league baseball coach was a good man. Mr. Johnson, that's all I remember. The others I ran into, not so much.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

I really liked my youth football coach back in the day, but MAN I thought I joined the Marines the first time we had practice. I guess I was 10 years old and everyone was going "YES SIR!!!" and the coach was kinda amped up. I had never been around something like that so it was an eye opener.

I have a nephew who is 8 and is playing now. My sister told me that all the parents go to the practices now. back in my day it wasn't like that at all. I can't believe they managed to turn football practice into a soccer mom meeting.
    Eat Us and Smile!