Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning or VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Fire in the Hole
    Last Online

12.26.11 @ 12:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default amp comparison after gig...

Hey guys normally I play through a Splawn Quickrod and splawn cab at gigs, but after having my 5150III a little while I decided it was time to try it out and see how it fit into the band context. I was slightly unimpressed at first. It needed major tweaking from when I had it at my house and I know the difference between where you practice and where you play is a major one. And pretty much every song I needed to go back and adjust the amp. Channel 3 cut through the best naturally, channel 2 I felt got lost a lot, and channel 1 sounded great, just constant adjusting of the volume. I know Im way more comfortable with the Splawn and that to my ear it sounds better with the guys I play with, so it looks like the 5150III will be more a home recording and practice amp for the time being...
    Eddie and Dave...the way it was meant to be

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

give it time, theres always a bit of "bedding in time" with any new piece of gear....be it new strings or a new pedal...theres a tonal difference and it doesnt quite fit what your ears are used to..theres an alteration the the dynamics of the sound...give it time n a bit of tweeking and when u get there you'll wonder what u were worried about...unless ofcourse the 5150III sounds like a bag of donkey turd!!!!...lol
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning or VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Fire in the Hole
    Last Online

12.26.11 @ 12:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah I think more and more its more just what my ear is used to hearing and a splawn and a 5150III sound really different, both are good, just way different. The proof in the pudding will be when we have a mastered recording of last night and I'll be able to listen back and judge more clearly as what it sounded like...
    Eddie and Dave...the way it was meant to be

Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.10 @ 10:56 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The more you gig with it the more comfortable you'll be with it and know what you are going to get out of it. You are totally changing your tone when you switch amps so give it some time to adjust to you ears. Good luck.