Register
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning / WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

04.21.08 @ 05:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default No Mike = No difference, saying goodbye to ED.

No Mike = No difference.

During the up and coming days of the 70's till 83 when VH was the best dang show on the planet, I looked forward to seeing all the boys.

Lets face it...70's - 1984 was VAN HALEN. It wasn't till after the 1st 1984 show that I realized that I was only entertained by Edward at that point. Between Alex's huge drum set that he hid behind and Roth's martial arts crap, I went to the remaining 1984 shows with binoculars...and watched Edward.

Not only could I appreciate the instrument he mastered, the man wrote a big part of the sound track of my youth.

The Hagar years were top 40 / commercial IMO, tunes written for MTV. I was a Sammy fan prior to Van Hagar and respect the man as an entertainer. I felt the guy was underrated big time during his solo career, and deserved what he got when he was with VH. With that said, I went to all those tours to see Edward play six strings. (not a keyboard)

I was in Greensboro in 04 to say goodbye to ED. I thought the 04 tour was the one for the road. I knew Ed couldn't go out having the CVH tour be his last. For those of you who were there, you know it was worth it to hear 18,000 chant Ed,Ed,Ed, for 2 minutes after his solo and watching him shed some tears. Was he at his best? No, but who is at that stage of their career?

All the talk on these and other boards about Ed's Ego and him being an ass towards Mike. Drop it, The Mighty VH died 25 years ago.

I'm I curious to see how Roth will sing? How Wolfie will sing and play? Sure, I
    am. Yet my expectations will be limited, just like they were since 84'. The last time I caught Roth w/ VH, he spent most of the show passed out on the risers and off stage. Everyone knew the end was near.

I know what Roth said in the press conference, yet lets face it. Do you see new VH music being made with this lineup? Also, they will be lucky to make it this tour let alone any in the future.In reading a lot of the posts in here, folks are expecting 84' all over again. Not going to happen. This tour is more than likely it.

So, with or with out Mike, Dave, Sammy, or Al - I would be in Charlotte anyway, to say good bye to one of the greatest of his craft.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Currently: 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Currently: Panama
    Last Online

05.30.17 @ 09:20 PM
    Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Im On Fire View Post
    No Mike = No difference.

During the up and coming days of the 70's till 83 when VH was the best dang show on the planet, I looked forward to seeing all the boys.

Lets face it...70's - 1984 was VAN HALEN. It wasn't till after the 1st 1984 show that I realized that I was only entertained by Edward at that point. Between Alex's huge drum set that he hid behind and Roth's martial arts crap, I went to the remaining 1984 shows with binoculars...and watched Edward.

Not only could I appreciate the instrument he mastered, the man wrote a big part of the sound track of my youth.

The Hagar years were top 40 / commercial IMO, tunes written for MTV. I was a Sammy fan prior to Van Hagar and respect the man as an entertainer. I felt the guy was underrated big time during his solo career, and deserved what he got when he was with VH. With that said, I went to all those tours to see Edward play six strings. (not a keyboard)

I was in Greensboro in 04 to say goodbye to ED. I thought the 04 tour was the one for the road. I knew Ed couldn't go out having the CVH tour be his last. For those of you who were there, you know it was worth it to hear 18,000 chant Ed,Ed,Ed, for 2 minutes after his solo and watching him shed some tears. Was he at his best? No, but who is at that stage of their career?

All the talk on these and other boards about Ed's Ego and him being an ass towards Mike. Drop it, The Mighty VH died 25 years ago.

I'm I curious to see how Roth will sing? How Wolfie will sing and play? Sure, I
    am. Yet my expectations will be limited, just like they were since 84'. The last time I caught Roth w/ VH, he spent most of the show passed out on the risers and off stage. Everyone knew the end was near.

I know what Roth said in the press conference, yet lets face it. Do you see new VH music being made with this lineup? Also, they will be lucky to make it this tour let alone any in the future.In reading a lot of the posts in here, folks are expecting 84' all over again. Not going to happen. This tour is more than likely it.

So, with or with out Mike, Dave, Sammy, or Al - I would be in Charlotte anyway, to say good bye to one of the greatest of his craft.
    Yeah...I'm drunk too.
    Thunder Mountain Brewing Company
    Owner and Brewmaster

Bottled: 2010 Imperial Bastard Stout (9.5% ABV)
    Bottled: 2011 Thunder Mountain Pale Ale (5.5% ABV)
    Fermenting: 2011 Thunder Mountain Irrish Ale (4.9% ABV)

"I'm just a normal jerk who happens to make music. As long as my brain and fingers work, I'm cool." -Eddie Van Halen, 1996

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning or VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Fire in the Hole
    Last Online

12.26.11 @ 12:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I hestitantly agree with you. I've always loved Van Halen for what Eddie and the singer did. Van Halen is Eddie and the singer. Al and his droves of ex wives and micheal his noise of a bass solo were nice background. So Micheal's a nice guy great, nice guys finish last as we all know. I agree he got screwed out of a job, but he really doesnt seem to care all that much. He's been out of the band really since about 97, and no one seemed to care all that much until now. This tour is about seeing Eddie and Roth implode on stage, and ill there to see it...
    Eddie and Dave...the way it was meant to be

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Touching.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:08 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Whole bunch of threads going on just like the on you started. Join one of those.

Closed.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.