Favorite VH Album

VH2
    Favorite VH Song

OUTA LOVE
    Last Online

09.09.11 @ 02:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Les Paul feedback

I own several guitars and play through a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL W/ 1960 Lead cab. I run a Boss delay through the effects loop with a Boss OD, Boss noise suppressor, and an EVH Phase 90 on the floor. I own a 2005 Les Paul Studio that no matter what i do, feeds back like a mother fucker !

Any suggestions?

I have a Wolfgang, BC Rich Warlock, Washburn, Strat, and several guitars i made made myself and don't have a single problem with those guitars, even without using the noise gate.

Last Online

02.21.09 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TAMPA VH View Post
    I own several guitars and play through a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL W/ 1960 Lead cab. I run a Boss delay through the effects loop with a Boss OD, Boss noise suppressor, and an EVH Phase 90 on the floor. I own a 2005 Les Paul Studio that no matter what i do, feeds back like a mother fucker !

Any suggestions?

I have a Wolfgang, BC Rich Warlock, Washburn, Strat, and several guitars i made made myself and don't have a single problem with those guitars, even without using the noise gate.
    You have a pretty hot rig! Love to see it for myself, but anyway, have you tried an isolation cab, or simply put stand at least 15 feet away from your setup
    Please get out of my VH t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up.

Favorite VH Album

VH2
    Favorite VH Song

OUTA LOVE
    Last Online

09.09.11 @ 02:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vhmiami View Post
    You have a pretty hot rig! Love to see it for myself, but anyway, have you tried an isolation cab, or simply put stand at least 15 feet away from your setup
    It does improve when i am further away from the amp, no question. But i still can't figure out why when i stand even facing the amp up close, with any of the other guitars, that i don't experience the excessive feedback. The Paul just has the stock pickups in it. The Wolf's pickups are much hotter, and so are most of the others. I put a Seymour Duncan Dimebucker in my Washburn and it doesn't feedback anywhere near like the Paul. I just don't get it!

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad. It Jamz!!!
    Last Online

04.11.13 @ 12:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Your pickups are too hot. try changing pickups. its hard for me to believe that gibson would not proberly wax there pickups but maybe there not properly waxed. I think LP studios come with ceramic magnet pickups and those are usually hotter( from what Ive read) then alnico magnet pickups. Thats just a suggestion. try their 57 classics. who knows.

Last Online

02.21.09 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TAMPA VH View Post
    It does improve when i am further away from the amp, no question. But i still can't figure out why when i stand even facing the amp up close, with any of the other guitars, that i don't experience the excessive feedback. The Paul just has the stock pickups in it. The Wolf's pickups are much hotter, and so are most of the others. I put a Seymour Duncan Dimebucker in my Washburn and it doesn't feedback anywhere near like the Paul. I just don't get it!
    Every instrument is wired differently, ESPECIALLY LES PAULS, the Wolf's and other manufactured guitars are a little more specific. That is the beauty of Les Pauls, no 2 are made the same (in theory), depending on what year and model of Paul you have I would change the pickups to something that works for you, but if this is a classic Paul, leave it alone and figure something else out. Sorry I cant be more help, but without seeing or hearing what you want I just dont know what else to tell you, except, with your kind of gear, you should know someone that knows about this stuff.
    Please get out of my VH t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up.