Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.27.16 @ 07:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

VAN HALEN TOUR 2007~ EBAY TICKET SCAM?

I just had to post this and bring to the attention of Van Halen fans that had or are going to be purchasing tickets for the tour.

I sent an email off to someone who is selling VH tickets on ebay at outrageous prices and asked him to justify his prices. I can understand trying to make a few extra bucks but this beyond that! I was simply asking about a few shows including the opening night which I'd like to attend.

Now, I don’t know, maybe Brett or someone who knows Brad or anyone in the Van Halen management team to confirm that this person actually has been given the right by the band to sell these tickets and has access not given to fans.

I know the ticket brokers on the internet always seem to have first dibs at tickets before the fans but it’s disturbing to say the least if in fact Van Halen did give him access to sell tickets and as this scumbag said, not public knowledge of this. Actually, that was rather idiotic on his part to admit this if it’s true.

Here is the email he sent me, the American, lol, although it clearly states I’m Canadian on ebay, lol.

"You are obviously too stupid to have heard of Stubhub, RazorGator, EI marketplace, maybe even other ticket brokers. Reality is the band, yes the band, has given me access to 15,000 tickets for this tour because that is the money they want, but don't want the publicity of having a $750 ticket, so this is how they get that money, same for Timberlake, same for most artists. Just signed deal for Ozzy last night and again I get the first 10 rows on the floor. Maybe if you looked at completed auctions you would see the people who have spent $1000 or more buying these tickets. Maybe if you were not such a DUMB UNEDUCATED AMERICAN you would realize nobody uses eBay exclusively to sell tickets, in fact is sells around 3% of total tickets. If you happen to go to this show, ask people in the pit how much they paid and where they got their tickets. You'll see, none of them were sold through normal channels. NONE. "
    Bono Vox: Poetic, Political, extremely generous and just a tiny bit egomaniacal.

"You know twenty-five years ago, Tony Soprano was driving around Jersey in his iroc-Z just blasting the Van Halen"-David Lee Roth

"Will there be a Van Halen reunion? “I have hope and faith, and that’s more than just the name of a couple of strippers from Albuquerque” -David Lee Roth

"This band is three quarters original, one quarter inevitable" -David Lee Roth~2007

"“We had a lot of fun on the tour – Dave was a blast. And next time we go out, we’re going to have some new stuff, too. I’m looking forward to getting on it. I’ve got tons of music written, such a variety of stuff… Actually, next week or the week after, Wolfie, Alex, and I are gonna start jamming. Maybe we’ll give Dave a call and see what he’s up to.” - Edward Van Halen ~ 2009

~Congratulations to 2009 World Series Champions the New York Yankees~

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance, ADKOFT
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight, As Is
    Last Online

03.30.15 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You tell that guy this American said he can suck it.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

First 6
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

06.27.08 @ 10:19 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well its true.... all bands do this.. thats why they make Millions as they should

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:15 PM
    Liked 160 Times in 83 Posts

I've looked at completed auctions and found only a handful of stupid people paying $1K.
    Right here I say....

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

wouldn't part of the scam involve NOT TELLING a stranger that the band was the one that let you do this?

sounds like BS to me.
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

I, II, 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Jump/D.O.A./Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 09:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

so how can i become a supposed broker?
    Runaround... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by hain23x View Post
    wouldn't part of the scam involve NOT TELLING a stranger that the band was the one that let you do this?

sounds like BS to me.
    We'll soon found out.

I sent an email out to find a few things out...
    Bono Vox: Poetic, Political, extremely generous and just a tiny bit egomaniacal.

"You know twenty-five years ago, Tony Soprano was driving around Jersey in his iroc-Z just blasting the Van Halen"-David Lee Roth

"Will there be a Van Halen reunion? “I have hope and faith, and that’s more than just the name of a couple of strippers from Albuquerque” -David Lee Roth

"This band is three quarters original, one quarter inevitable" -David Lee Roth~2007

"“We had a lot of fun on the tour – Dave was a blast. And next time we go out, we’re going to have some new stuff, too. I’m looking forward to getting on it. I’ve got tons of music written, such a variety of stuff… Actually, next week or the week after, Wolfie, Alex, and I are gonna start jamming. Maybe we’ll give Dave a call and see what he’s up to.” - Edward Van Halen ~ 2009

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

you want good affordable tickets? just go to the box office the day of the show and watch how great seats suddenly turn up. Or stand out front of the arena in front of the scalper with good tickets and buy them off of him just as the show is getting ready to start
    Eat Us and Smile!

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darthadv View Post
    so how can i become a supposed broker?
    Ask this guy...
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Ask this guy...

Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by hain23x View Post
    you want good affordable tickets? just go to the box office the day of the show and watch how great seats suddenly turn up. Or stand out front of the arena in front of the scalper with good tickets and buy them off of him just as the show is getting ready to start

You're right about that!

I've gone to sold out sporting events and concerts at the last minute and there are always cancellations the night before or the day of at the box office.

Favorite VH Album

All of 'em
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy/Runaround
    Last Online

08.21.17 @ 12:12 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Not only do they sell them at outrageous prices, they also report those of us, like me, who are trying to sell an extra pair of tickets on ebay at cost and have us shut down for scalping.

What we need to do is log in to ebay and report that fuck-shit that sent that email to you and have them removed from ebay.

Ebay says they do not police for tickets and only close down ticket auctions when members (shit-head sellers like that one), advice ebay.

It's not hard to see who the ticket agents are on ebay, they have more than one pair available and all adds look the same.
    One noticeable difference between Judas Priest and Metallica...
    ...Judas Priest only has one gay guy in the band.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A or I'm The One
    Last Online

07.12.15 @ 04:46 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 9 Posts

There's only ONE reliable source for all your ticket needs...

What once upon a time made Van Halen unique in the progression of metal and hard rock (besides Eddie’s prowess as a guitarist) was its sense of fun, its willingness to be not just over the top, but weird.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:17 AM
    Liked 2,383 Times in 1,487 Posts

Premium Member

Damn...all those yrs of college and I could have been a on line scalper!! This is my last big money concert folks.After this Iam not going.I love Van Halen and I love good music but fuck them all if the band is involved in this scam. Its like cockroaches and Blackflag. I know we all cant get good seats but at least make it fair. Ive posted here telling every one ILLA is a scam when brokers get the tics before the presale even starts. Long live rock.Support your local band.

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 02:08 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Bono Vox View Post
    I just had to post this and bring to the attention of Van Halen fans that had or are going to be purchasing tickets for the tour.

I sent an email off to someone who is selling VH tickets on ebay at outrageous prices and asked him to justify his prices. I can understand trying to make a few extra bucks but this beyond that! I was simply asking about a few shows including the opening night which I'd like to attend.

Now, I don’t know, maybe Brett or someone who knows Brad or anyone in the Van Halen management team to confirm that this person actually has been given the right by the band to sell these tickets and has access not given to fans.

I know the ticket brokers on the internet always seem to have first dibs at tickets before the fans but it’s disturbing to say the least if in fact Van Halen did give him access to sell tickets and as this scumbag said, not public knowledge of this. Actually, that was rather idiotic on his part to admit this if it’s true.

Here is the email he sent me, the American, lol, although it clearly states I’m Canadian on ebay, lol.

"You are obviously too stupid to have heard of Stubhub, RazorGator, EI marketplace, maybe even other ticket brokers. Reality is the band, yes the band, has given me access to 15,000 tickets for this tour because that is the money they want, but don't want the publicity of having a $750 ticket, so this is how they get that money, same for Timberlake, same for most artists. Just signed deal for Ozzy last night and again I get the first 10 rows on the floor. Maybe if you looked at completed auctions you would see the people who have spent $1000 or more buying these tickets. Maybe if you were not such a DUMB UNEDUCATED AMERICAN you would realize nobody uses eBay exclusively to sell tickets, in fact is sells around 3% of total tickets. If you happen to go to this show, ask people in the pit how much they paid and where they got their tickets. You'll see, none of them were sold through normal channels. NONE. "
    Bono what state does the ticket seller come from? I can check the various laws for ticket scalping and you can reiterate back to him the correct fees to be charged.