Me wise Magic
    Last Online

03.14.08 @ 06:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Mikey on RollingStone.com

Morning.

Anybody read this already?

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdail...-the-internet/
    The problem with self-improvement is knowing when to quit.

Last Online

07.09.15 @ 08:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Great read. The interviewer asked all of the right questions and Mike didn't dodge any of them. This interview SOLIDIFIES the fact that Eddie, Alex, and Wolfchub Van Halen are the biggest assholes in rock. Eddie for fucking over Mike, Alex for bending over for Eddie, and Wolfchub for willing to take a job out from under the original member. He should have told his old man, "No thanks, I respect the fans for all that they have given us and I don't want to be the one who ruins a true reunion. I'll be there for the next tour, dad." Van Halen 2007 Blows!

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles1977 View Post
    Morning.

Anybody read this already?

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdail...-the-internet/

Great article, but it was posted here earlier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Germany, about 5 Miles away from the North Sea
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry. Still too early here.

Brett, shoot this one down. Sooooooorryyyyy

Off for some strong Coffee

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by onefootoutthedoor View Post
    Great article, but it was posted here earlier.
    It's not the same interview. It's actually more indepth and answers a lot of questions that many on this board have only speculated about.
    Last edited by Darby; 09.05.07 at 12:45 AM.

Last Online

04.27.08 @ 12:41 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

HE FOUND OUT ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!!!! WHAT A BUNCH OF COWARDS THE VH BOARS ARE!!! SCREW EM!! I mean seriously, this is the biggest bunch of disrespect i have ever heard of. If anybody reads that interview and still sides with the bros, then that's your decision, but come on!. This is just stupid. I can understand if Gary found out through the internet, but Mike? It's obvious that Ed is a sorry excuse for a bandmate, how could anybody every trust him, especially Dave? Dave is on this gravy train for 2 reasons, money and getting back out in front of stadium size crowds. Listen, I'm only bagging on the bros here for what they did to mike, not this tour. I support the fact they didnt want mike on this tour, but how was treated was unexcusable. Phone the guy, call him in for a meeting, or at least send letter expressing thanks for all the years, but they are going in a new direction. Ed/Al are a couple of selfish jerks!!!! As far as Wolf, like mike said he is an innocent party here, no blame. Mike is the definition of class, with the numerous opps he had in that interview to trash the tour, bros and dave, but no, he didnt, and for that i give him more credit than I would have ever given ed/al/dave combined!! And that crap w/signing away rights to the VH name was just bush leage. He thought enough of the fans to do that and give em 1 more tour with mike there. CLASS CLASS CLASS. There rant over. Now you can all tell me that im a dork.
    Ya lollygag around around the infield, ya lollygag down to 1st, ya lollygag in and out of the dugout...ya know what that makes you?...LARRRY!!?......... .LOLLYGAGGERS!! lollygagers... -Bull Durham

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Friends for Life or what?

Just to sum it up for myself, having read this Interview twice already.

Something's goin' completely into the wrong Direction between Ed and Mikey. I'm not sure, but there must be something significant that breaks their "Brotherhood" apart.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BOSOXRULE View Post
    HE FOUND OUT ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!!!! WHAT A BUNCH OF COWARDS THE VH BOARS ARE!!! SCREW EM!! I mean seriously, this is the biggest bunch of disrespect i have ever heard of. If anybody reads that interview and still sides with the bros, then that's your decision, but come on!. This is just stupid. I can understand if Gary found out through the internet, but Mike? It's obvious that Ed is a sorry excuse for a bandmate, how could anybody every trust him, especially Dave? Dave is on this gravy train for 2 reasons, money and getting back out in front of stadium size crowds. Listen, I'm only bagging on the bros here for what they did to mike, not this tour. I support the fact they didnt want mike on this tour, but how was treated was unexcusable. Phone the guy, call him in for a meeting, or at least send letter expressing thanks for all the years, but they are going in a new direction. Ed/Al are a couple of selfish jerks!!!! As far as Wolf, like mike said he is an innocent party here, no blame. Mike is the definition of class, with the numerous opps he had in that interview to trash the tour, bros and dave, but no, he didnt, and for that i give him more credit than I would have ever given ed/al/dave combined!! And that crap w/signing away rights to the VH name was just bush leage. He thought enough of the fans to do that and give em 1 more tour with mike there. CLASS CLASS CLASS. There rant over. Now you can all tell me that im a dork.
    You are not a dork. But Wolf is not innocent in this to say the least. He could have easily told his old man to buzz off with the idea of replacing Mike. Who knows, it may have been Wolf's idea to replace Mike and not Ed's.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darby View Post
    You are not a dork. But Wolf is not innocent in this to say the least. He could have easily told his old man to buzz off with the idea of replacing Mike. Who knows, it may have been Wolf's idea to replace Mike and not Ed's.
    That would be Fun. If Wolfie'd be in such a State of Mind then he could possibly fire his Dad and his uncle. And hire some former Grunge - Dudes.

Just kidding. I don't think, that Wolfie told his dad to take Mikey out of the Picture. I think, that the Relationship between the two has been torn up for quite some Time.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think the whole Wolfie thing prob stemmed from giving Ed a stable rock to lean on as to keep from falling off the wagon. Having family around during a rough time can be the diffence in recovory or relapse. I understand Ed wanting Wolf on the tour, no problems at all with it, wish it was Mike, but I understand. My problem is with how Mike was treated though, not cool. You could be right though, Wolf may have had a bigger role than we know in this, but Mike just should have been shown the door in a way befitting his contribution and dedication through all the changes and years of the band. But, nice thought though, I havent really seen much on this site speculating that Wolf could be a chip off the ole toilet and be just as big a jerk as his dad. Not out of the realm of possibility.
    Ya lollygag around around the infield, ya lollygag down to 1st, ya lollygag in and out of the dugout...ya know what that makes you?...LARRRY!!?......... .LOLLYGAGGERS!! lollygagers... -Bull Durham

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thats pretty obvious that Mike/Ed have a rift, seeing as how it seemed to start with VHIII with Mike not playing on all the tracks. I do think that the root of the rift comes mainly from Mike playing with Sam and not getting Eds appoval. "Ed?, can I go outside and play with Sam?"

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BOSOXRULE View Post
    I think the whole Wolfie thing prob stemmed from giving Ed a stable rock to lean on as to keep from falling off the wagon. Having family around during a rough time can be the diffence in recovory or relapse. I understand Ed wanting Wolf on the tour, no problems at all with it, wish it was Mike, but I understand. My problem is with how Mike was treated though, not cool. You could be right though, Wolf may have had a bigger role than we know in this, but Mike just should have been shown the door in a way befitting his contribution and dedication through all the changes and years of the band. But, nice thought though, I havent really seen much on this site speculating that Wolf could be a chip off the ole toilet and be just as big a jerk as his dad. Not out of the realm of possibility.
    When Eddie talked to Howard Stern last year and made the announcement that "Sauce Sobolewski" is out and my kid is in, he said that they had been jamming for months.This was half a year before they first announced the tour with Roth. Wolfchub knew exactly what was going on. He could have backed out way back then.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A Question always coming to my Mind is this one.

Surrounding all this Wolfie / Mikey / Ed Stuff. Anybody ever thinks of Alex? I mean. Alex is Ed's Brother. When I read, that Ed needs a solid Rock to lean on getting Support and Help in which way either, than I always think to myself.

Where's Al. Sam said that he never had a Chance of getting inbetween the Two when it came to Decisions. The were always hooked together. But where's Al now?

Not caring? Lost for Words? Loss of Interest? Or just resigned? I don't know. No 16 Year old can take Responsibility for the Behaviour of his Dad. Even I can't. And I'm 30. Too much to take for one Person only.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles1977 View Post
    A Question always coming to my Mind is this one.

Surrounding all this Wolfie / Mikey / Ed Stuff. Anybody ever thinks of Alex? I mean. Alex is Ed's Brother. When I read, that Ed needs a solid Rock to lean on getting Support and Help in which way either, than I always think to myself.

Where's Al. Sam said that he never had a Chance of getting inbetween the Two when it came to Decisions. The were always hooked together. But where's Al now?

Not caring? Lost for Words? Loss of Interest? Or just resigned? I don't know. No 16 Year old can take Responsibility for the Behaviour of his Dad. Even I can't. And I'm 30. Too much to take for one Person only.

When Eddie say's "Jump!", Al says "How high?" It's that simple.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Al never talks too much anyway. A lot is said about Al always going along with whatever Ed says. Prob true up to a point, but most likely decision are made by the 2 of them concerning the band and Ed is the mouthpiece to the public (except the the press conf, dave wouldnt shut up for 2 sec) I still think having his son and brother on the tour is a tremendous stablizing factor in his recovery. Best of luck to his efforts in that arena and for a full recovory. Wolf didnt look to comfortable on the 04 tour coming out playing with his trashed dad, so heres hoping to a good vibe on the stage from all the members, sober and rocking!! Mike still got screwed on how he was treated though, but who know what went on behind the scenes. Mike is the only one really to address this situation in detail, so until I hear the bros side of it, i'm sidding with mike.