Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1 Thru 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.17.09 @ 10:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default IS IT TIME FOR MIKE TO WRITE HIS BOOK AND RECOUP SOME LOST VH $$$ ?

I am now wondering if it's truly over for Mike, and he should go after his piece of the pie, due to being snubbed out of "VH cash grab tour 07' ". I am enjoying "Everybody Wants Some" by Ian Christe, but believe it would be better told by an actual member of the band. Mike would be the perfect candidate IMO, because he doesn't try to sugar coat or put a wierd "eccentric" spin on things. He would tell it in an impartial way, due to his personality. He could also go out and play any classic VH songs, including unreleased tunes that would make even myself go check out. What do you guys think?

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 07:55 PM
    Liked 1,599 Times in 982 Posts

Donor

No.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

11.15.17 @ 03:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mike has his slice of the pie and will only serve himself best by doing what he's doing now. Give the man his peace...he's earned it. FTB.

Last Online

11.22.07 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel67 View Post
    I am now wondering if it's truly over for Mike, and he should go after his piece of the pie, due to being snubbed out of "VH cash grab tour 07' ". I am enjoying "Everybody Wants Some" by Ian Christe, but believe it would be better told by an actual member of the band. Mike would be the perfect candidate IMO, because he doesn't try to sugar coat or put a wierd "eccentric" spin on things. He would tell it in an impartial way, due to his personality. He could also go out and play any classic VH songs, including unreleased tunes that would make even myself go check out. What do you guys think?
    I don't even know if he could at this point. Although I don't know if the brothers could have legally managed to work such a "no VH themed biography" clause into Mike's '04 "contract" to perform with the band that Mike would further even agree to, I honestly wouldn't be surprised. At the very least based on what Mike has said, he probably couldn't use the band name as part of the title or to promote such a book, thereby severely restricting how it could be promoted.

Still, it would likely be fascinating reading.

T.B.

Last Online

08.11.17 @ 05:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

As much as a lot of us here would like to read such a book, I don't think there would be much demand for it outside of a small percentage of long time, die hard fans.

Last Online

04.27.08 @ 12:41 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thinkn that Mike is prob just fine in the $$$ dept, if he isn't I'm sure Sam would float him a loan of a mil or so. As far as a book from Mike (all legal mumbo jumbo aside) it would be decent reading. You'd prob get it straight from Mike with not much bias. Would be factual and pretty much the truth, but not a real page turner i suspect. Now, a book by Ed about VH and the whole history, drama and such would be entertaining. Can you imagine all the crap he would talk about Dave screwing the band over when he "left" or whatever and how Sam got LSD like Dave and how poor little Ed just wanted to make music. He would bash everybody not named VH viciously and without regard to their feelings. Ya I know Dave and Sam have done the same, but did you ever hear Ed say that when something went bad or someone left the band it might have been a little his fault? Nope! In the end though I would buy and Ed VH book over Mikes just for the reason it Ed's might not be the whole truth, but sure would be wildly entertaining! Eds would make a great movie! On the other end of the spectrum, Dave's book gave me a splitting headache trying to read. It was like listening to any of his interviews...all over the place, dizzing, rambling, incoherent babble, but kinda interesting when he stuck to the point. Kinda like my post.
    Ya lollygag around around the infield, ya lollygag down to 1st, ya lollygag in and out of the dugout...ya know what that makes you?...LARRRY!!?......... .LOLLYGAGGERS!! lollygagers... -Bull Durham

Last Online

11.22.07 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lem Motlow View Post
    As much as a lot of us here would like to read such a book, I don't think there would be much demand for it outside of a small percentage of long time, die hard fans.
    I don't know about that. Look at how well the Motley Crue book "The Dirt" did. Who'da thought a book about a 2nd rate metal band with several of rock n' roll's biggest douchebags as members would be such a hit?

T.B.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1 Thru 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.17.09 @ 10:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know Mike Doesn't need the $$$, but it would be cool to see what actually went down in the early days, without any fabrication (Roth) or strange "tip of the icecube" "tree doesn't fall far from the apple"(Ed) slant.
    Ian's VH book is now in Barnes and Nobles store, so there is a slight interest in the band

Hey Squalen, thanks for the detailed answer. I really see your point of view.

Last Online

10.19.10 @ 04:18 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'd still like to see the book that Sammy had put to rest awhile ago come out. Lots of dirt in that from what I hear.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:25 PM
    Liked 106 Times in 43 Posts

Only losers with no options looking for their last drip of fame write tell-all BS books.

He's better than that.

Eruption
    Last Online

01.12.11 @ 05:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Step up to the blackboard and write this 25 times:

I will not post threads entitled IS IT TIME FOR MIKE TO WRITE HIS BOOK AND RECOUP SOME LOST VH $$$ ?

I will not post threads entitled IS IT TIME FOR MIKE TO WRITE HIS BOOK AND RECOUP SOME LOST VH $$$ ?

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRocks View Post
    Step up to the blackboard and write this 25 times:

You will write-I will not waste space using half a page on something that stupid. It's a legit thread seeing as mike is out of the band officially and it seems he can now reflect on his years in VH. Speculation on a book about his times w/band is probably the next logical step for him after touring w/sam. Don't just jump on a thread cause you don't like the topic. I actually think its a good thread that can spark a lot of discussion about mike beyond vh and not concentrate just on how he got screwed for this tour. Hearing his thoughts about the history of the band could be interesting in book form. So dont get all bunched up over it. NEWBIE...at least newer than me. (number of post wise) Stay cool and dont take up so much space!!
    Ya lollygag around around the infield, ya lollygag down to 1st, ya lollygag in and out of the dugout...ya know what that makes you?...LARRRY!!?......... .LOLLYGAGGERS!! lollygagers... -Bull Durham

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BOSOXRULE View Post
    You will write-I will not waste space using half a page on something that stupid. It's a legit thread seeing as mike is out of the band officially and it seems he can now reflect on his years in VH. Speculation on a book about his times w/band is probably the next logical step for him after touring w/sam. Don't just jump on a thread cause you don't like the topic. I actually think its a good thread that can spark a lot of discussion about mike beyond vh and not concentrate just on how he got screwed for this tour. Hearing his thoughts about the history of the band could be interesting in book form. So dont get all bunched up over it. NEWBIE...at least newer than me. (number of post wise) Stay cool and dont take up so much space!!
    Wow... can't you take a joke? It's not that serious dude.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Your the one who posted with that statment a bunch of times. I'm laughing at it, but also stating that it's a valid thread. It's a VH forum site, who takes it seriously? Not me. Now I have to get going, only wrote that statement 22 times, 3 to go!!

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BOSOXRULE View Post
    Your the one who posted with that statment a bunch of times. I'm laughing at it, but also stating that it's a valid thread. It's a VH forum site, who takes it seriously? Not me. Now I have to get going, only wrote that statement 22 times, 3 to go!!
    Okay.