Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Romeo Delight mohalen99's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.09.03
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    129
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street
    Last Online

    12.29.12 @ 04:14 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Rehearsal Location?

    Just wondering if anyone has the scoop on Van Halen's east coast reheaesal location. I'm in NC and haven't heard anything about it.
    "A unit joined to infinity adds nothing to it anymore than one foot added to infinite length. The finite is swallowed up by the infinite and becomes pure zero. So our minds are before God."
    -Blaise Pascal

  2. #2
    Unchained Fat Tone's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.11.00
    Age
    48
    Location
    Virgina Beach, VA
    Posts
    486
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    03.29.15 @ 06:33 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mohalen99 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has the scoop on Van Halen's east coast reheaesal location. I'm in NC and haven't heard anything about it.
    Bobcat Arena.
    "I Got Myself a Brand New Oakland Scarf right here I say"

  3. #3
    Eruption RKVH5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.07.04
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    1,037
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.08.17 @ 01:53 PM
    Likes
    272
    Liked 285 Times in 146 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Tone View Post
    Bobcat Arena.

    Usually rehersals are held somewhere away from where the concert will be held. Plus Bobcat arena is booked a lot before the 1st show.

  4. #4
    Hang 'Em High sickman's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.13.04
    Posts
    6,169
    Favorite VH Album

    Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

    Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Likes
    548
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    I would think it would be where the tour opens. I know here in CT when Iron Maiden and Aerosmith used the Dodge Music Theater for rehearsals that is also the same place the tour started. For what it is worth they will probably be doing most of the rehearsing in CA.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

  5. #5
    Banned! Apocalypso's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.28.06
    Posts
    1,426
    Last Online

    11.22.07 @ 06:44 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sickman View Post
    I would think it would be where the tour opens. I know here in CT when Iron Maiden and Aerosmith used the Dodge Music Theater for rehearsals that is also the same place the tour started. For what it is worth they will probably be doing most of the rehearsing in CA.
    They've been rehearsing for the past two months sporadically at a unknown Hollywood recording/rehearsal studio and will be spending several days if not a full week prior to the first show rehearsing with the full stage production at the Bobcat Arena. This also allows the road crew time to familiarize themselves with tearing down and building the stage prior to the tour starting. There is basically nothing booked there the two weeks before the first show as far as I know.

    T.B.

  6. #6
    Unchained Fat Tone's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.11.00
    Age
    48
    Location
    Virgina Beach, VA
    Posts
    486
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    03.29.15 @ 06:33 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RKVH5150 View Post
    Usually rehersals are held somewhere away from where the concert will be held. Plus Bobcat arena is booked a lot before the 1st show.
    not when the tour kicks off. They will be at the arena for at least 4 days prior to the show......unless there is another event taking place there.

    The crew may even set up and tear down the stage abd set it up again for the purpose of fine tuning the machine so to speak.
    "I Got Myself a Brand New Oakland Scarf right here I say"

  7. #7
    Hang 'Em High sickman's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.13.04
    Posts
    6,169
    Favorite VH Album

    Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

    Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Likes
    548
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypso View Post
    They've been rehearsing for the past two months sporadically at a unknown Hollywood recording/rehearsal studio and will be spending several days if not a full week prior to the first show rehearsing with the full stage production at the Bobcat Arena. This also allows the road crew time to familiarize themselves with tearing down and building the stage prior to the tour starting. There is basically nothing booked there the two weeks before the first show as far as I know.

    T.B.
    Yeah I know with Maiden the crew spent about 4 days getting themselves framiliar with the setting up and tearing and the band spent 2 days rehearsing. It was a killer show. I know alot of people didn't like that they played their new album start to finish but I thought it was killer.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

  8. #8
    Eruption Stiil_A_Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.01.07
    Age
    49
    Location
    The Ville Louisville Ky
    Posts
    801
    Favorite VH Album

    Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

    The ones about Dancing
    Last Online

    11.26.14 @ 12:50 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I have heard that large acts this size will have two stages to setup, and not use the same stage every night. Could they have one stage at an undisclosed location?

  9. #9
    Banned! Apocalypso's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.28.06
    Posts
    1,426
    Last Online

    11.22.07 @ 06:44 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stiil_A_Fan View Post
    I have heard that large acts this size will have two stages to setup, and not use the same stage every night. Could they have one stage at an undisclosed location?
    Yeah, many major bands with an elaborate stage production basically have two complete and identical stages which cuts down on multi-day gaps between cities due to the time it takes to tear down, transport and build that stage. This way, a band is only limited to how many back to back shows they can physically perform, not by the time it takes to get a stage production from one city to another, especially if the tour winds back and forth through a coutry or continent.

    I don't think that is the case with this tour based on the gaps between cities, especially noting the week plus long gap between the NY and CA shows in November.

    T.B.

  10. #10
    Hot For Teacher J3FST1's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.20.04
    Location
    MASS
    Posts
    314
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Bomb the Moon
    Last Online

    03.13.12 @ 08:20 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    yea most stadium shows have two stages . not hockey rink shows.

    MAIDENs show was one of the best maiden shows to date I didnt see the CT show but I caught them in Boston.

    They are now rebuilding the pyramid \m/
    JX4244Q

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Location
    By Bob_R in forum VHLinks Feedback & Troubleshooting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01.13.05, 05:51 AM
  2. Location of Saddam's Nukes revealed!
    By rrussou812 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10.30.02, 12:51 PM
  3. Could the S/D tour be a rehearsal?
    By Whawhazat in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06.26.02, 05:08 PM
  4. Dave and Sammy - the rehearsal
    By billy007 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03.21.02, 09:06 AM
  5. Pic on back of Diver Down, what location?
    By LedHead in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07.29.00, 02:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •