Favorite VH Album

ALL
    Favorite VH Song

ALL
    Last Online

04.24.17 @ 10:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello Folks!

My name is Eddie and I have been here for awhlie. My first post, if any of the mods remember was meeting Micheal Anthony in San Bernardino at a car show. That same day I came to the boards and spread the good word that infact Sammy got back with the boys and they just finished up 3 new songs for the upcoming (then) CD BOBW.

Man, talk about a smash in the head and bashed on all four of the computer walls. But later everyone grew to like me, and met a few of you at the 04 tour, (How could you not miss my truck, It was stripped out like Ed's Guitar and the entire back was filled with 30 cases of liquor)
    Anyways, Welcome to all the newbies and Season greetings and Merry Xmas too all!!!!

On a personal note, my first encounter seeing VH was on a street called Aster Avenue in El Monte, summer of 75'. It was then I was sold HOOK LINE AND SINKER that there sound and everything about them I would declare my loyality to the band. This will be the 2 concert tour I will miss. I miss VH III and I will miss this one. I didn't really understand Gary being the 3rd singer and I sure as hell don't understand a Sixteen year old replacing a founding member and calling it a reunion tour. ( Sorry Wolfie, I am sure your a great kid but I saw you in 04, your very talented and I know your the son of Edward and Valerie, but I would have like to see all four original members on this tour)I am sorry folks on the babble about that but to those experiencing this for the 1st time, have fun!!!! really, and for those not going well um , Have a drink on me! Toast and I'll see ya later sweet pa'tater
    All songs written and performed by:

Edward Van Halen: Lead Guitars, Backround vocals
    Sammy Hagar: Lead Vocals, Acoustic/Guitars
    Michael Anthony: Bass/ Backround Vocals
    Alex Van Halen: Drums/Percussions/Back Vocals
    Sammy Hagars solos available on Geffen
    Special Thanks to: Valerie, Wolfie, Sue, Kari,Claudio for introducing the RedRocker to us Al's Harem and kids, Elisha, Taylor, Kama/ all the fans past and present: all recordings done at "5150" where else! A nod and wink to Ed Leffler.
    Irving Azoff/ All the staff at Warner Bros. past and present/ Gary Cherone for giving his all/ David Lee Roth for getting us there and oh yea Ray Daniels, for keeping the bathrooms clean during all the performances. Oh yea, your fucking check is in the mail and next time you whip your bullshit on us again, where taking your ass to Cabo and pounding mud up your ass till you cough up sand for the loss of 8 years. nuff said, IT"S 5150 TIME

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

10.08.08 @ 05:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Look at all the people here tonight!!! Me? I'm Rip Van Winkle! Gone for five years and I still have PM's! Glad to see some familiar folks!

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 08:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

I was walking alone in woods near my house smoking a cigarette when I was attacked by a lesser spotted mongoose. I managed to escape with only minor flesh wounds but my cigarette had landed in some brush and within minutes the whole forest was alight.

Through the smoke, just as I was gasping for air, a friendly woman (36-23-36) showed me a secret tunnel out of the forest. Something hit my head and the next thing I knew I was waking up, bound and gagged on an IKEA table covered in peanut butter (crunchy) whilst the leather clad woman circled the table insulting me in German, a Bavarian dialect i believe.

In my protests at such hard consonant sounds, I broke free of my shackles (made in China with lead based paint) and kicked her in the head. She fell like a sack of shit and I took off, stopping only to pick up my Calvin Kleins, a bottle or two of Smoking Loon and a copy of HELLO magazine.

The next day I awoke, hungover, sticky and married to a Tibetian pygmy. Distraught I wandered the streets and happened upon an internet cafe.

I typed "alcohol peanut butter mongoose confusing grammar smoking loon pygmy" into google and top of the results list was vhlinks.

I have been here ever since, too scared and repulsed to return home to my moustachio'd tibetian pygmy wife.

Hello, my name is Graeme, and if it weren't for this place I wouldn't be typing here at all......

wait....
    Last edited by graeme; 02.25.08 at 07:32 AM.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Cabo Wabo/Outta Love again
    Last Online

12.02.09 @ 08:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hiya. I was here as Long John Silver in 2000/01 and I have return-ed.

Last Online

03.26.08 @ 10:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My name is Jane I'm new to this place and I guess I just wanna say hello to all of you out there. Found this board cause I was in search for a new place to hangout after the CVH board got hacket and it doesn't seem that the board will ever come back : (

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 09:30 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post
    My name is Jane I'm new to this place and I guess I just wanna say hello to all of you out there. Found this board cause I was in search for a new place to hangout after the CVH board got hacket and it doesn't seem that the board will ever come back : (

Look, Dick.
    See Jane.
    Welcome, Jane!

Don't read this.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    Look, Dick.
    See Jane.
    Welcome, Jane!
    Are you talking to your dick or is your name Dick or is there someone out there called Dick ...But whatever it is thanks I guess for welcoming me to the board

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 09:30 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Are you talking to your dick or is your name Dick or is there someone out there called Dick ...But whatever it is thanks I guess for welcoming me to the board

It was either a "Me Tarzan" joke or a "Dick and Jane" joke. I flipped a coin.

Don't read this.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

07.01.10 @ 05:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bon jour, Ms. Jane.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some
    Last Online

01.21.12 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Look, Dick.
    See Jane.
    Welcome, Jane!
    Hey, you be nice. Jane's cool, and a welcome addition here.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It was either a "Me Tarzan" joke or a "Dick and Jane" joke. I flipped a coin.
    Ah well you see I'm not from the USA so I guess the Dick and Jane thingy never crossed my path on my part of the world, I would have gotten the " me Tarzan " joke though...

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2! View Post
    Hey, you be nice. Jane's cool, and a welcome addition here.
    Hello my friend.....thought to check this board out, good to see at least one familiar person .

Bon jour, Ms. Jane.
    Bonjour Looper_guy
    Last edited by Jane; 03.26.08 at 10:00 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

12.01.18 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 33 Times in 16 Posts

Donor

Welcome to the jungle Jane. Damn shame about the CVH board. That place had some kewl VH stuff.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Top Of The World Atomic Dreamer's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

08.10.08 @ 06:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just now noticed this so I'd thought I'd say a few words. Hi, I'm new to this site but have been lurking it for years. I'm not really a "people person" or never found enough people who like VH. My town is too damn small and since I'm a parent of two sons, I never get out and see what's out there. Anyways, I've been a fan of VH for decades and my mom had some VH on vinyl then the first VH my mom bought me was 1984. I love sports including wrestling. My 3 sports teams are Cubs, Lakers, Broncos. I also am a huge horror movie buff and I write songs and poems when I feel like it. Well, that's about all so HI agian and sometimes I feel that "the clock is slow".

Eruption
    Last Online

09.06.12 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So hi there.

I'll probably upset people by getting in arguments, but my heart's of gold and I love everyone.

I'm an 18 year old guy if anyone cares, from England, UK.

I would guess my music tastes will come up here at some point. I like Aerosmith, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Van Halen, Motley Crue, Megadeth, Trivium, Thunder, Eric Clapton, Cream, Led Zeppelin, Robert Johnson, Howlin' Wolf, The Rolling Stones, Toots & The Maytals, Desmond Decker & The Aces, Guns N' Roses, Velvet Revolver, Dio, Ozzy Osbourne, B.B. King, The Yardbirds, Buckcherry, Slash's Snakepit, Brides of Destruction, Sixx: A.M., Bowling For Soup, Status Quo, The Beatles, Michael Jackson, Thin Lizzy, Blaze Bayley, Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Motorhead, Hinder, Turisas, Nightwish, The Answer, After Forever, Crowded House, Peter Gabriel, Black Stone Cherry, Heaven & Hell, Zebrahead, Opeth, Helloween, Iced Earth, Saxon, Overkill, Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, KISS, The Ramones, The Damned, The Sex Pistols, The Clash, Aretha Franklin. Yeah, pretty varied. Especially for an 18 year old.

I've been reading here for a while. Seems cool. Not too much fanboyism as I've experienced when attempting to get settled in at Motley.com and IronMaiden.com. Black-Sabbath.com and Bloodstock-UK.com are the other forums I tend to live on though I return to Maiden/Motley and some others. This place reminds me of Sabbath. I guess cuz both bands won't let themselves die, there's the Roth/Hagar battles which are comparable to Ozzy/Dio, the "legacy" tours both bands have had (VH in 04 and 07-08, but arguably in 98 too, plus things like The Other Half and the Roth-Hagar Tour....it's all part of the VH beast in it's own way. Sabbath's had time with Ozzy 97-99, 01, 04-05 and the Dio reunion in 07), there's the disappointing promises (we were due a new Sabbath album in 98, 99, 01, 04, 07 and 08), the decline of musicians due to alcohol abuse.

I play the old Bungie game Myth II: Soulblighter. If you do too, you'll know my name already. If you USED to play, get in touch! You're missing out on one hell of a survivor of a game, and a lot of the old crowd are still around.