Favorite VH Album

balance
    Favorite VH Song

Finish What ya started
    Last Online

07.24.09 @ 01:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Its not about Sam vs Dave...its about the BS

I will be honest....Ive seen both versions of this band live....Sammy and Dave...I Saw the Sam and Dave show...
    I lean toward Sammy ....mostly because he always gives his all in any live show...and the times Ive seen Dave...he seems more concerned about the "show" than the performance....forgets the lyrics...sings incomplete lyrics...etc...
    That being said.....
    I love VH with both of these guys....I love both of them solo...
    I would be first in line to buy tickets to the nearest show with Dave...except....well , for several reasons....
    first....no Mike...and the obvious mistreatment of Mike....nothing against Wolf...sure hes a great kid and he can probably play...but hes not Mike...
    Next...the Van Halens ...Ed mostly...but Al too...are great musically...but both are so full of S*** ......every time this band comes together its the same BS...."its a new band" "its different now" "its about the music now"
    I have tapes of the interviews before the 2004 tour...and its the same old tired stuff now...why should we expect a different outcome this time?
    is it because Dave and Ed get along better than Sam and Ed? Please...
    I hope I'm wrong....but I dont see this tour lasting more than 6 or 8 shows...
    Third....I went to the 2004 show in Spokane....and the show was good...there were no major incidents...Eds solo sucked though...he just kind of noodled his way through it....you could tell he wasnt the same Ed...
    but the main thing was ...as the weeks went on after...and I heard all the crap about Ed hating Sam....Ed hates Mike....and more and more I realized that I was robbed....I went to that show hoping and expecting to see the fun loving , crazy group of guys that love each other and love the fans...
    and what I got was Ed...not playing anywhere near his potential...and apparently not caring...also what I got was Ed...putting on a fake face...not really liking the guys he was on stage with...but getting along just enough to pull off the show....what I got from Ed was a big lie....
    again I ask you...why should I believe them this time....
    For me ...not going to this show is not a question of Sam Vs Dave...
    Its a question of not buying the BS this time....
    Bring Mike back...
    give us a new CD
    then maybe I'll go....
    Show me its not Bs this time
    keVH

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 3
    Favorite VH Song

How many say I
    Last Online

04.04.08 @ 11:07 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In a few years or so Ed will be talking about his "new son" when wolfie leaves the band. You heard it here first.

Last Online

04.27.08 @ 12:41 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Another bashing of the tour and Sam/Dave, bring Mike back, Ed sucks thread. Here is a basic solution to all of you on the fence about going. Unless they are in your town for the 1st show, find the inevidible bootlegs of the shows that will show up in the internet, watch it with an objective open mind, putting all previous VH concert experiences in the background, and judge it on the basis..."would I pay to see this?" If ya like what ya see ..go, if not don't. As far as the tour lasting only a couple of shows...I highly doubt they would put themselves out there like this will all thier press conf talk and commiting to 30 or shows and hope it works. Good or bad, this tour will finish, count on it.
    Ya lollygag around around the infield, ya lollygag down to 1st, ya lollygag in and out of the dugout...ya know what that makes you?...LARRRY!!?......... .LOLLYGAGGERS!! lollygagers... -Bull Durham

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 3
    Favorite VH Song

How many say I
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ALL OF YOU ARE HATA'S. VAN HALEN 3 WITH MR. GARY CHERONE WAS BY FAR THE BEST VAN HALEN ALBUM. HELL, FOR THE NEXT BEST OF ALBUM THEY SHOULD JUST RE-RELEASE THE GOOD OLD NUMBER III!!! THE SOULFUL ATTITUDE AND SWAGGER OF MR CHERONE CRUSHED THOSE OF MR ROTH OR SPAMMY HAGAR.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 3
    Favorite VH Song

How many say I
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

how many say I is classic van halen. What a great vocal performance. I can see why vh3 was a top seller!! Spammy and Roth ain't got shit on Gary! Gary made van halen famous. I thoroughly believe this!!! in fact, van halen 3 is probably the greatest album of all time!!

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

10.07.15 @ 03:41 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BOSOXRULE View Post
    Another bashing of the tour and Sam/Dave, bring Mike back, Ed sucks thread. Here is a basic solution to all of you on the fence about going. Unless they are in your town for the 1st show, find the inevidible bootlegs of the shows that will show up in the internet, watch it with an objective open mind, putting all previous VH concert experiences in the background, and judge it on the basis..."would I pay to see this?" If ya like what ya see ..go, if not don't. As far as the tour lasting only a couple of shows...I highly doubt they would put themselves out there like this will all thier press conf talk and commiting to 30 or shows and hope it works. Good or bad, this tour will finish, count on it.
    You don't need to see any bootlegs to make that determination. It's about the history of the band, where they are and where they are going. We have been here before. With each new singer and new direction, Ed has stated, "It's forever. It's a new Van Halen, etc., etc."

Stating the facts is not Ed bashing. Ed shafted Mike. Many people here, myself included don't like it. To Ed, yeah, THIS is Van Halen, but to many of us, it's Dave getting back with Ed and Al. Whether Mike was good, mediocre or bad on bass, HE is a part of Van Halen. The Van Halen I remember did not have Ed's kid in it and I don't need a bootleg or press release to tell me otherwise. This new version of VH is fine and dandy. I will listen open mindedly, but it won't be the same without Mike and I think the general perception is the same, casual and die hard fan alike.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

how many say I is classic van halen. What a great vocal performance. I can see why vh3 was a top seller!! Spammy and Roth ain't got shit on Gary! Gary made van halen famous. I thoroughly believe this!!! in fact, van halen 3 is probably the greatest album of all time!!
    if you're gonna troll, at least come up with something good.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 3
    Favorite VH Song

How many say I
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

who is trolling?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 3
    Favorite VH Song

How many say I
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have the right to my opinion. Sorry dude! Have a wonderful day!

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kevohman View Post
    I will be honest....Ive seen both versions of this band live....Sammy and Dave...I Saw the Sam and Dave show...
    I lean toward Sammy ....mostly because he always gives his all in any live show...and the times Ive seen Dave...he seems more concerned about the "show" than the performance....forgets the lyrics...sings incomplete lyrics...etc...
    That being said.....
    I love VH with both of these guys....I love both of them solo...
    I would be first in line to buy tickets to the nearest show with Dave...except....well , for several reasons....
    first....no Mike...and the obvious mistreatment of Mike....nothing against Wolf...sure hes a great kid and he can probably play...but hes not Mike...
    Next...the Van Halens ...Ed mostly...but Al too...are great musically...but both are so full of S*** ......every time this band comes together its the same BS...."its a new band" "its different now" "its about the music now"
    I have tapes of the interviews before the 2004 tour...and its the same old tired stuff now...why should we expect a different outcome this time?
    is it because Dave and Ed get along better than Sam and Ed? Please...
    I hope I'm wrong....but I dont see this tour lasting more than 6 or 8 shows...
    Third....I went to the 2004 show in Spokane....and the show was good...there were no major incidents...Eds solo sucked though...he just kind of noodled his way through it....you could tell he wasnt the same Ed...
    but the main thing was ...as the weeks went on after...and I heard all the crap about Ed hating Sam....Ed hates Mike....and more and more I realized that I was robbed....I went to that show hoping and expecting to see the fun loving , crazy group of guys that love each other and love the fans...
    and what I got was Ed...not playing anywhere near his potential...and apparently not caring...also what I got was Ed...putting on a fake face...not really liking the guys he was on stage with...but getting along just enough to pull off the show....what I got from Ed was a big lie....
    again I ask you...why should I believe them this time....
    For me ...not going to this show is not a question of Sam Vs Dave...
    Its a question of not buying the BS this time....
    Bring Mike back...
    give us a new CD
    then maybe I'll go....
    Show me its not Bs this time
    I fear your thread here kevohman is likely to be shut down rather quickly, but the sentiment you are voicing is resonant with many VH fans. The other day I was talking to my buddy on the phone, and he was watching Live Without A Net. It had probably been years since I actually watched that all the way through, so later that night I put it in. In a similar way I almost felt the same "sham." I bought the hype in that video so much as a kid, and in the present it was very hard to watch. I think we all would have been spared a lot of frustration had the band just decided to officially break up in '99 or '01 after the Dave-reunion of then failed.

Favorite VH Album

Bark Like A Dog
    Favorite VH Song

Act Like It Hurts
    Last Online

06.26.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 643 Times in 328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Halen III View Post

You have the RIGHT to remain silent.........
    "Never is just reven spelled backwards." -House

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" -THE Rob Gordon

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gary made van halen famous.
    that's not an opinion, that is an incredibly stupid thing to say.

I can see why vh3 was a top seller!!
    numbers don't lie. a good seller? maybe. a GREAT seller? far from it.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

11.12.08 @ 05:39 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I will bet Van Halen 3 is Daddylonglegz!!

A-L-I-A-S

And you're opinion is worthless DUDE!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

07.17.17 @ 03:12 PM
    Liked 77 Times in 30 Posts

ALL OF YOU ARE HATA'S. VAN HALEN 3 WITH MR. GARY CHERONE WAS BY FAR THE BEST VAN HALEN ALBUM. HELL, FOR THE NEXT BEST OF ALBUM THEY SHOULD JUST RE-RELEASE THE GOOD OLD NUMBER III!!! THE SOULFUL ATTITUDE AND SWAGGER OF MR CHERONE CRUSHED THOSE OF MR ROTH OR SPAMMY HAGAR.
    Mods, will one of you please drop this guy into a black hole?