Register
Save
    Banned!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Anybody got any good tales from the crypt,

whats your story,

from the years of Van Halen concerts, what have you experienced along the way on the road to, durring, or after the concert....

from a bj on the way to the show, the tail gate party with the blonde in the backseat, partyn till you were outta ya head (details), blow'n chunks b4 durring or after the show, passing out, fights at the show, hookn up with some babe at the show, meet and greets, backstage after the show, chance meetings of band members, club dave, partyn at the motels with the band, after the show partys on the way home/to the next show....

whats your story....

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

09.23.16 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 425 Times in 183 Posts

the summer after 8th grade was when the MIGHTY VAN HALEN came rollin' thru my neck of the woods. The year was 1984 and me and my friends were old enough that our parents would drop us off at concerts and pick us up after the show FINALLY!

anyway we got there real early for Van Halen because it was general admission in those days. we payed a woppin' $12 for tix~!! [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

so we're standing outside the doors and you can hear them doing a soundcheck and the walls are vibrating! I mean we KNEW it was going to be fuckin' louder than hell and we couldn't wait!

so about this time, we smell the aroma of the "good stuff" floatin' our way, and turn around to see this big ass joint rolled in paper towels being passed! I mean it was fuckin' HUGE! I make a comment to one of the guys smokin' it that it's a big fuckin' joint, and sho nuff they pass it my way for a couple of tokes! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

summer before highschool
    Van Halen
    and the biggest joint ever

rock and roll
    [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    Eat Us and Smile!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

7th Seal / Amsterdam
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OK my turn,
    Im only 31 so this isnt a totally vintage VH story but cool none the less. Its 1988 and Im at Candlestick Park in San Francisco about to see M.O.R. w/ Kingdome Cum (they suck), Dokken (cool), Metallica (way cool), The Scorpions (they stole the show)and Van Halen on the first tour w/ Sammy. At any rate I went w/ a group of friends in a couple of different cars and for whatever reason we all got separated during the Dokken set and we were all so loaded we couldnt find eachother during the rest of the show. So here I am lost w/ my best friend somewhere sandwiched between 75000 people. We are starving, thirsty and broke (our friends for whatever reason had the only money between any of us to spend on food and drink once we got in the show)so anyways here I am w/ my buddy moping around the show between bands parched and starving-really bummin, when all of a sudden I look down and find a $20 on the fucking ground! We were so stoked. Needless to say we chowed to our hearts content. In those days you could feed a couple of people for a 20 spot at a concert and still have a few bucks left over(which we needed for gas to get home-we were on empty when we arrived at the show).Ill never forget the look on my friends face when I picked up that $20, it was priceless. I think the God of Rock Concerts was pointing his finger at us that day. The real funny thing was that of all the bands that played that day I was most disapointed by Van Halen because I wasnt ready to accept Sammy as the new singer yet. We even left early. Can you believe that. Now after all these years and all of the Van Halen shows Ive been to since I always kick myself in the ass when I think about the fact that I bailed out of that concert early. But hey-it was 1988-sex, drugs, rock-n-roll-it was all good!!

peace
    "Dude, that smells...Did you check your drawers?" -EVH<br /><br />witch-hunt.com

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Ice Cream Man
    Last Online

02.01.07 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by INSANO:
    OK my turn,
    Im only 31 so this isnt a totally vintage VH story but cool none the less. Its 1988 and Im at Candlestick Park in San Francisco about to see M.O.R. w/ Kingdome Cum (they suck), Dokken (cool), Metallica (way cool), The Scorpions (they stole the show)and Van Halen on the first tour w/ Sammy. At any rate I went w/ a group of friends in a couple of different cars and for whatever reason we all got separated during the Dokken set and we were all so loaded we couldnt find eachother during the rest of the show. So here I am lost w/ my best friend somewhere sandwiched between 75000 people. We are starving, thirsty and broke (our friends for whatever reason had the only money between any of us to spend on food and drink once we got in the show)so anyways here I am w/ my buddy moping around the show between bands parched and starving-really bummin, when all of a sudden I look down and find a $20 on the fucking ground! We were so stoked. Needless to say we chowed to our hearts content. In those days you could feed a couple of people for a 20 spot at a concert and still have a few bucks left over(which we needed for gas to get home-we were on empty when we arrived at the show).Ill never forget the look on my friends face when I picked up that $20, it was priceless. I think the God of Rock Concerts was pointing his finger at us that day. The real funny thing was that of all the bands that played that day I was most disapointed by Van Halen because I wasnt ready to accept Sammy as the new singer yet. We even left early. Can you believe that. Now after all these years and all of the Van Halen shows Ive been to since I always kick myself in the ass when I think about the fact that I bailed out of that concert early. But hey-it was 1988-sex, drugs, rock-n-roll-it was all good!!

peace
    First tour with Sammy?! Wasn't their first tour in 86 for 5150, not MOR, (which was the tour the same summer that OU812 came out)? Anyone?

Favorite VH Album

All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

09.24.16 @ 11:55 AM
    Liked 95 Times in 61 Posts

Originally posted by jonjuan:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by INSANO:
    OK my turn,

peace
    First tour with Sammy?! Wasn't their first tour in 86 for 5150, not MOR, (which was the tour the same summer that OU812 came out)? Anyone?</font>[/QUOTE]Give him a break. He was close. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

1988 Monster's of Rock. I was going to buy tickets for Foxboro Stadium (Massachusetts), but then it was announced that they were canceling the show because the town's selectmen didn't want the hassle of the rowdy crowd that was to be expected. So, tickets went on sale for Oxford Plain's speedway that was way the fuck up in MAINE! I bought those tickets. No more than two days later, tickets did go on sale for the Foxboro show, though Kingdom Come was dropped from the bill. Go figure. Anyway, we head on up to Maine and it's general admission. We get in line at 6:00 a.m., and wait until 11:00 to get in. Front row baby, right up against the plywood wall that was constructed right in front of the stage! Kingdom Come comes on, and they're allright. Dokken's next, and their set sucked! George Lynch's guitar kept cutting out, you couldn't even hear it! It was real impressive seeing him jam silently though. LOL! Metallica comes on next and the place went NUTS! Flying objects everywhere, 20,000 people jumping on my back, weed smelling like crazy! Next up, the Scorpions. Man were they good, but then the skies opened up and the temp dropped by like 20 degrees. Lightning was ripping through the sky, and they called it quits after 4 songs. WTF! After 25 minutes, they came out for 2 more songs before mother nature got really nasty. After leaving the stage, this totally stupid moron got up there, only to announce that Van Halen would not be performing. Man, was I pissed, soaked, freezing, and tired. I stuck around for about 30 minutes (kind of like what we're all doing now, only longer) before climbing up and over the wall, walking under the stage, and making my way back to my truck where I passed out for 2 hours. I woke up to the solo in Black N Blue. After screwing out of my truck and making my way back in, I was now at the very back row. One more song and they were done. I was very disappointed because they were the ones that I went to see. I've since seen them 3 more times, so I can't really complain. My buddy stayed in the front row, and to this day, makes fun of me because I bailed out. He can go fuck himself!

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

09.23.16 @ 04:13 PM
    Liked 831 Times in 511 Posts

Premium Member
    My story isn't the greatest but it was funny at the time. About 8 of us went to Hartford in '95 so we decided to tailgate. All of us either had a great buzz or were pretty drunk before VH went on. I remember my girlfriend having to go take a leak in the woods. Since there were other people already pissing in the woods, she made me stand in front of her while she squatted down. Then, we all lost track of time and by the time we got into the arena, VH was on stage doing 'Right Now' (terrible song for an opener). The funniest part was my buddy who was a causal fan of the band, couldn't wait to hear 'Panama'. Sure enough, they play 'Panama' as the last song and as I look over at my buddy, I find him passed out in his seat! He never heard the song.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"filthyflicks"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Daved Mikeal VanHagar: