Register
Page 1 of 26 123411 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

09.02.14 @ 09:53 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Boycot: No Mike = No Van Halen...

Listen up sheep:

I cannot believe the rate that these shows are selling out. This so called "reunion" our "new band" as Dave likes to call it is not what it seems to be. True fans should BOYCOT this tour and show Eddie, Alex, and Dave that the fans are not goingto be ripped off for this obvious "cash grab" tour. It should not be Van Halen it should be subtitled "Three Men and a Little Boy". Michael Anthony is more than just a bass player. He is the distinctive supporting and background voice of our generation and he is being left-out so Eddie and Alex can make more money. They always said they would not get back with Roth because it would be ripping off the fans. I always thought they meant musically, now their prediction has come true. $159.00 for the nosebleed section is not doing the longtime fan any favors. They are charging $650.00 in some cases for the first 20 rows. The first 20 rows will put you out $650.00 and for you to be ignored by three guys who have no interest in taking one pic or signing one autograph for you.

Again, we should boycot this tour in support of Mike. He is like family to those of us who have seen him in concert, met him in person (I have), and had a chance to speak to him and tell him what VH has meant to us for so long. Show Mike some respect and don't pony up your cash for this "Retirement Fund Tour".

I guess I am just surprised at how fickle the true fans are. We should be standing up to this sort of ruse.

Any thoughts?

Got Mike? No? Got no Van Halen either!!
    Last edited by eman2; 09.02.07 at 06:59 AM.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:20 AM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

a l i a s
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Sinner's Swing! the_atomic_punks_rule's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

12.20.16 @ 03:09 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Yup.

Last Online

10.19.15 @ 11:50 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eman2 View Post
    Listen up sheep:

I cannot believe the rate that these shows are selling out. This so called "reunion" our "new band" as Dave likes to call it is not what it seems to be. True fans should BOYCOT this tour and show Eddie, Alex, and Dave that the fans are not goingto be ripped off for this obvious "cash grab" tour. It should not be Van Halen it should be subtitled "Three Men and a Little Boy". Michael Anthony is more than just a bass player. He is the distinctive supporting and background voice of our generation and he is being left-out so Eddie and Alex can make more money. They always said they would not get back with Roth because it would be ripping off the fans. I always thought they meant musically, now their prediction has come true. $159.00 for the nosebleed section is not doing the longtime fan any favors. They are charging $650.00 in some cases for the first 20 rows. The first 20 rows will put you out $650.00 and for you to be ignored by three guys who have no interest in taking one pic or signing one autograph for you.

Again, we should boycot this tour in support of Mike. He is like family to those of us who have seen him in concert, met him in person (I have), and had a chance to speak to him and tell him what VH has meant to us for so long. Show Mike some respect and don't pony up your cash for this "Retirement Fund Tour".

I guess I am just surprised at how fickle the true fans are. We should be standing up to this sort of ruse.

Any thoughts?

Got Mike? No? Got no Van Halen either!!
    Ok! Not!
    They are not calling it a reunion, so stop it already! If you really want to see Mike, then go the see Sam's show, I am! I guess you could say we get the best of both worlds!! I will see both in Detroit with in a month apart!
    Do I wish Mike was with """"\//-/""""? Hell yes I do, but It ain't happening so I will just take it like it is! If you don't want to see the boys with out Mike then just don't go! There are to many threads like this already, but most of those people are going to see the show anyway! You never know what will happen next, so enjoy it while we have it!!!!
    Thats my policy!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Too many to decide
    Last Online

10.08.15 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Eman,
    Would you go see axl and slash if they got back together for a tour?? It sucks MA isn't going to be around, but lets face it, we will have Ed and Dave on the stage together for atleast one tour.
    Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it. DLR

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance, ADKOFT
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight, As Is
    Last Online

03.30.15 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

And why would you think boycotting would help the two get along again? all you would accomplish is annoying the shit out of everyone standing in line to get into the arena.

Ok so you let the brothers know that you dont like the fact that Mike is gone? So what? Would you prefer that Mike be in this band and be treated like crap? I dont. Mike is happy, let him jam with Sam and let VH go do whatever they are going to. The situation sucks, but its not changing.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

First of all, it IS a reunion tour. Google Van Halen in the news section and show me one article that doesn't use the word "reunion". Now that that is straight, accepting anything other than the four founding members as "the band" is unacceptable to true fans. We should not have to pay for retooled branding of this band for the forth time.

Dave said the same thing that Sammy said in 2004, "we are back and we are going to be back for a longtime". It was crap then and it is crap now. This is all for the money and ripping off the fans...again.

Are you saying that $195.00-$695.00 is worth it without the real deal , Mike, on the stage? Are you that starved to return to 1984 to Dave and Eddie on the same stage? Give me a break. Hope you have tickets to an early show my friend.

Be real, Roth cannot handle the 50 city work load. Watch as it implodes by November!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 3
    Favorite VH Song

How many say I
    Last Online

04.04.08 @ 11:07 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This tour is gonna rock!! Already got my tix!! Fuck the haters that just cant afford to go. You know deep down you want to.

Favorite VH Album

Bark Like A Dog
    Favorite VH Song

Act Like It Hurts
    Last Online

06.26.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 643 Times in 328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Halen III View Post
    Fuck the haters that just cant afford to go. You know deep down you want to.

Dick with an alias?
    "Never is just reven spelled backwards." -House

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" -THE Rob Gordon

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Fuck the haters that just cant afford to go.
    Uhh...you do realize that there are some fans that just can't afford the ticket prices...right?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

This tour is gonna rock!! Already got my tix!! Fuck the haters that just cant afford to go. You know deep down you want to.
    Yea, those are kinda strong words brother.

I wanna go.

But money will be a factor.

Also i'm a bit confused by the use of you're avatar.
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Watch the hair!!!
    Favorite VH Album

VH/Fair Warning/5150/F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

R.Delight/Unchain./5150/C.Wabo
    Last Online

07.22.09 @ 11:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This tour is gonna rock!!
    Is it?

Already got my tix!!
    Do ya?

Fuck the haters that just cant afford to go. You know deep down you want to.
    Talk about an articulate response. So, you're angry about the opinions of the so-called "haters," but you then proceed to toss out your own brand of hate at all of these unnamed "haters." Brilliant.

BTW, son, there are many of us that have enough money to not only buy a 5 Star VIP package for every show on this tour but also buy you (if we needed a 25-year-old ass wiper) and all of your personal possessions but we have no interest in going. Imagine that?!?
    "Seems the old folks who come up short were the pretty little kids who didn't want it, no." - Van Halen (1979)

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." - Confucius

"The possibility that we may fail in the struggle should not deter us from supporting a cause we believe to be just." - Abraham Lincoln

Last Online

12.18.17 @ 10:42 AM
    Liked 1,635 Times in 1,005 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Delighted Romeo View Post
    BTW, son, there are many of us that have enough money to not only buy a 5 Star VIP package for every show on this tour but also buy you (if we needed a 25-year-old ass wiper) and all of your personal possessions but we have no interest in going. Imagine that?!?
    Heh heh. Missed ya, bud.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 3
    Favorite VH Song

How many say I
    Last Online

04.04.08 @ 11:07 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry folks. It just seems like people want this tour to crash and burn. I for one was not old enough to see them in 84. I know it won't live up to those standards though, but im still excited to see them on this tour!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It doesn't have to do with my money. I have money to buy tickets, but I am not going to pay Porsche prices to ride around in a Cadilac with a missing tire and putz along on a spare. You wouldn't do that and neither should I. We deserve more than what they are giving us. This tour is a total cash and grab. The tour will not finish well and we will get no new music out of this. You can take that to the bank.