Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Default Enough Horseshit.."The Ben Folds Thread"...

Ben Folds Five-Song For The Dumped

Ben Folds Five-Brick

Rock This Bitch (Live in Perth with WASO)
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Last Online

Ben Folds Five "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head

Ben Folds....... Fred Jones

Ben Folds - Myspace Gig - Army
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Ben Folds is fantastic.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II or Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Cathedral, Humans Being
    Last Online

03.02.10 @ 03:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ben Folds Five's "Whatever and Ever Amen" will always be one of my favorite albums. The songs and the harmonies are fantastic, the words are intelligent and witty, sometimes sad but more wistful than maudlin. I love the fact that you can hear outside noises in the background and that Folds did little things like use the piano strings as a harp. I love that these were three college kids out for a lark.

The second album I thought was just, eh. It lacked the oriiginal exuberance. More importantly, it lacked the consistently great songs.

When Folds sacked the band and went out on his own he lost me completely. Somehow I thought he developed a big head and now envisioned himself the great "singer/songwriter" but the songs just didn't back that up.

BTW, if you are a fan of the first Ben Folds Five album, I believe you would like "Bellybutton" by the band Jellyfish, which I reviewed in that lost classic thread. Same type of intelligent (and clever) writing and quirky time structures, same kind of unrestrained spirit. Another of my all time favorites.
    Mr. Horseradish courtesy of the International Horseradish Council and Brett.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterdays View Post
    BTW, if you are a fan of the first Ben Folds Five album, I believe you would like "Bellybutton" by the band Jellyfish, which I reviewed in that lost classic thread. Same type of intelligent (and clever) writing and quirky time structures, same kind of unrestrained spirit. Another of my all time favorites.
    INCREDIBLE ALBUM.

Last Online

06.11.16 @ 04:33 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think Ben Folds is awesome. Not many artist can make me put together a 2-CD Best of Collection and require a few songs to be left off. I love both half of his carreer. I'll say that he's lost some of the fire from the BF5 stuff but all artists do.

He is great to see live. Changes set list from night-to-night. Some cool ad-lib stuff. Funny stories. You know, everything Van Halen never does.

Just wish he would play Philly more often. He plays too many college shows and I had no interest in seeing him for an hour and being stuck with John Mayer for two this summer.

Just wish he'd cut a new album soon.

BEN FOLDS ROCKS!

Last Online

Ben Folds Five "Philosophy" (5:22)

Ben Folds Five-One Angry Dwarf And 200 Solemn Faces (3:57)

Ben Folds Five-Battle Of Who Could Care Less (3:20)

Ben Folds Five - Your Redneck Past (Mick Molloy show 1999) (4:17)
    George Bernard Shaw

Last Online

Because of the "non-embedding" of this tune which screwed things up, initially...here's an alternative...or two.
    Ben Folds- Song for the Dumped (Uncensored Video) (3:40)

Song for the Dumped - Live in Tokyo (6:24)
    George Bernard Shaw

Last Online

Ben Folds with the Western Australia Symphony Orchestra and Crowd
    "Not The Same" ((4:51)

Ben Folds with the Western Australia Symphony Orchestra
    "Mr. Jones Part 2" (3:57)

Ben Folds - "Fred Jones Part 2" VH-1 (3:55)

Ben Folds "One Down and 3.6" (4:49)
    Last edited by chefcraig; 08.21.08 at 08:46 PM.
    George Bernard Shaw

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterdays View Post
    Ben Folds Five's "Whatever and Ever Amen" will always be one of my favorite albums. The songs and the harmonies are fantastic, the words are intelligent and witty, sometimes sad but more wistful than maudlin. I love the fact that you can hear outside noises in the background and that Folds did little things like use the piano strings as a harp. I love that these were three college kids out for a lark.

The second album I thought was just, eh. It lacked the oriiginal exuberance. More importantly, it lacked the consistently great songs.

When Folds sacked the band and went out on his own he lost me completely. Somehow I thought he developed a big head and now envisioned himself the great "singer/songwriter" but the songs just didn't back that up.

ditto...perfectly said. I feel the exact same way.

Especially on the album Bellybutton. It's in constant rotation on my cd player. Great band, fantastic record!

Last Online

Ben Folds Five Reuniting For MySpace Show

Jonathan Cohen

New York - Ben Folds Five will play its first show in nearly a decade Sept. 18 in Chapel Hill, N.C., as part of a taping for the new MySpace show "Front to Back."

The group will perform its 1999 album "The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner" in its entirety at the gig, which will be broadcast in October on MySpace.

Tickets go on sale Sept. 8 via eTix.com, with proceeds to benefit Operation Smile: Changing Lives One Smile at a Time.

"Of our three albums, this one brings back the most vivid memories," Folds says. "It was actually written to be one song of many movements, which is why there are motifs that appear throughout the album. That should make 'Reinhold' a natural to be played front to back."

In related news, Folds' next solo album, "Way to Normal," is due Sept. 30 via Epic.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1003845430
    George Bernard Shaw