Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Default Bull breaks loose at State Fair, rams fire hydrant and dies

It's State Fair time here in MN, which always marks the end of summer. I never realized until recently that we actually have the second biggest state fair in the U.S. So just now I opened up my browser to the Star Tribune, the newspaper of the Twin Cities, and nearly fell over laughing as I read this article:

http://www.startribune.com/statefair/story/1394668.html

Bull breaks loose at State Fair, rams fire hydrant and dies

Associated Press

A bull escaped from its handlers at the Minnesota State Fair today, running loose for about a block before it rammed a fire hydrant and died, witnesses said.
    No people were injured in the incident.

The bull, owned by Morris-based Wulf Limousin Farms, was being unloaded from a trailer around 9:15 a.m. when it got spooked and broke free.

Witnesses said they were shocked to see the bull running down the street on the south side of the fairgrounds, where most of the animal exhibits are.

"All we heard was screaming, and then we saw the bull starting to run after people, and then there was an old couple that got away just in time ... and then it started going after a stroller, but for some reason it just stopped,'' witness Ashley Miller said.

The bull hit the fire hydrant and fell dead next to it, just across the street from the popular all-you-can-drink milk booth, near the Coliseum. Its body was taken to the University of Minnesota for disposal.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Why would it ram a fire hydrant? Because it was red?

(Insert Sammy Hagar joke here)

Oh well.... fire up the BBQ.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

The ones about Dancing
    Last Online

11.26.14 @ 12:50 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post

Their you go, donít even have to kill it just grill it.

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

*insert republican joke here*

How do you have to ram a fire hydrant to frigging die though

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

There's a picture now of the bull being carried away: http://www.startribune.com/statefair...395251-t3.html

I'm still damn laughing about this. Imagine the "Minnesota accent" and the stories of this that will be told for years at Thanksgiving dinners by the people who witnessed it.

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 06:34 AM
    Liked 6,851 Times in 3,588 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by WinterlessIceness View Post
    *insert republican joke here*

How do you have to ram a fire hydrant to frigging die though
    Keep talking like that, and KIMMIE will paint the town red.

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Lol just because it's popular to bash kimmie by popular users doesn't mean you should. Nor off-topic other threads with this

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 06:34 AM
    Liked 6,851 Times in 3,588 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by WinterlessIceness View Post
    Lol just because it's popular to bash kimmie by popular users doesn't mean you should. Nor off-topic other threads with this
    Lol Agreed 100%

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member

Sounds like to me that the fucker was just riled up and hit what he could. They do that from time to time. We had some railroad ties standing up againt a tree once and this half breed just freaked out. We bury these things to keep the wild hogs out of this particular pen. Anyway, this one bull just came out out of left field and rammed into the ties while they were proped up. For no good reason at all. He felt like it I suppose. That was it. LOL. They are big dumb animals you know. Can be taught, but still dumb. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by track 5 View Post
    Sounds like to me that the fucker was just riled up and hit what he could. They do that from time to time. We had some railroad ties standing up againt a tree once and this half breed just freaked out. We bury these things to keep the wild hogs out of this particular pen. Anyway, this one bull just came out out of left field and rammed into the ties while they were proped up. For no good reason at all. He felt like it I suppose. That was it. LOL. They are big dumb animals you know. Can be taught, but still dumb. Out.
    What about the big dumb animals who think it's entertaining to watch enormous powerful animals rampage around, and then act surprised when things go haywire (e.g. a few weeks ago in CA when a bull jumped the fence at a fair/rodeo [aka white trash hickathon] and gored a female police officer)?
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by janthraxx View Post
    What about the big dumb animals who think it's entertaining to watch enormous powerful animals rampage around, and then act surprised when things go haywire (e.g. a few weeks ago in CA when a bull jumped the fence at a fair/rodeo [aka white trash hickathon] and gored a female police officer)?
    I think you're right about this. This bull died for no good reason. The poor animal died in the street, and never had a fighting chance. This should never have been allowed to happen. More than that, innocent children shouldn't have been unwittingly exposed to the circle of life completing. How many kids had just stepped out of the Miracle of Life birthing barn, only to see Saber--a magnificent, noble beast in his prime--put down in such a tragic, artificial way?

How can we prevent this in the future? Maybe we should remove all of the fire hydrants. Then again, if there was a fire that would put all of the beautiful animals at risk. There has to be a better way!

Which is why I think the MN State Fair needs a bullfighting exhibition next year. We've got the Coliseum, which is often 3/4ths empty. Give bulls like Saber a fighting chance! Hell, some enterprising young butcher could set up a food stand right outside and sell bull bits on a stick shortly after most (but not all!) of the exhibitions. Sounds tasty, doesn't it?

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    I think you're right about this. This bull died for no good reason. The poor animal died in the street, and never had a fighting chance. This should never have been allowed to happen. More than that, innocent children shouldn't have been unwittingly exposed to the circle of life completing. How many kids had just stepped out of the Miracle of Life birthing barn, only to see Saber--a magnificent, noble beast in his prime--put down in such a tragic, artificial way?

How can we prevent this in the future? Maybe we should remove all of the fire hydrants. Then again, if there was a fire that would put all of the beautiful animals at risk. There has to be a better way!

Which is why I think the MN State Fair needs a bullfighting exhibition next year. We've got the Coliseum, which is often 3/4ths empty. Give bulls like Saber a fighting chance! Hell, some enterprising young butcher could set up a food stand right outside and sell bull bits on a stick shortly after most (but not all!) of the exhibitions. Sounds tasty, doesn't it?
    There'll be "footlong bulldogs on a stick" next year.

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post

You know, one of these days you're gonna cut yourself with that sharp tongue of yours!
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by stilleddiesangel View Post
    You know, one of these days you're gonna cut yourself with that sharp tongue of yours!
    Sharp tongue? I thought it was just the witless ejaculations of a dull dickhead
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Seems like I've heard this story before somehow.......

LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!