Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Eruption
    Last Online

08.02.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

Default Stage layout..best bang for buck ?

..looking at this snake stage setup..any suggestions where a good rea$onable locations would be without paying for the electric bill myself ?
    ..In 1984 Van Halen Jumped Panama
    Topped Jimmy & Dropped Dead Legs
    ..Ill Wait in this House of Pain with the
    Girl Gone Bad while I am really Hot for Teacher..

..Think it was easy ?..you stare at an album
    Cover that long..

Top Of The World
    Last Online

01.12.17 @ 06:23 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts

My advice would be to spend the money on a copy of the US Festival and watch it at home with all the cold beer and chips you could want.

This accomplishes two things, you will see a better performance, and you will see the original line-up, all at a fraction of the price.

Good luck!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

09.20.17 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brn5150 View Post
    My advice would be to spend the money on a copy of the US Festival and watch it at home with all the cold beer and chips you could want.

This accomplishes two things, you will see a better performance, and you will see the original line-up, all at a fraction of the price.

Good luck!
    And by doing this, you don't purchase Smoking Loon by proxy for Mr. Ed...

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

11.17.11 @ 09:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the van baron View Post
    ..looking at this snake stage setup..any suggestions where a good rea$onable locations would be without paying for the electric bill myself ?
    Yes, at these kinds of concerts, the best move (particularly if you are getting the tickets second-hand on Ebay or from a broker) is to get low seats in the lower bowl relatively near the stage, preferrably the 2nd to last section they sell closest to the stage.

Floor seats will be overpriced by virtue of being on the floor. You can get close to floor or have a good vantage point at arena shows by being in a lower row in the regular seating section.

Just keep in mind, reunion tours like this always draw huge demand, and there are alot of people who have never been on the boards or other sites who will want to go to the shows (alot of people tend to forget the 'casual fan' element).

Point being...its still going to be expensive, but this is a money-saving approach that should help.

Last Online

11.22.07 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the van baron View Post
    In the lower loges on the right side of the stage between 1 - 6 rows up off the floor but no further back than 2/3rds the distance from the stage. You're on Eddie's side, you're off the floor so the ramp won't obstruct your view and you'll be able to see and appreciate the entire production yet will be close enough you will be able to clearly see the band and they wont look like ants.

T.B.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:25 AM
    Liked 973 Times in 390 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypso View Post
    In the lower loges on the right side of the stage between 1 - 6 rows up off the floor but no further back than 2/3rds the distance from the stage. You're on Eddie's side, you're off the floor so the ramp won't obstruct your view and you'll be able to see and appreciate the entire production yet will be close enough you will be able to clearly see the band and they wont look like ants.

T.B.
    now tell ya what, go to a broker site and see how much those tix are

they run like 650 a piece

www.ticketliquidator.com

u may as well buy a 5 star for an extra 100 bucks or so

sect 119 at staples starting at 750
    sect 101, next one over away from stage starting at 540 i think it was
    Last edited by JMJ; 09.01.07 at 11:07 PM.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    now tell ya what, go to a broker site and see how much those tix are

they run like 650 a piece

www.ticketliquidator.com

u may as well buy a 5 star for an extra 100 bucks or so

sect 119 at staples starting at 750
    sect 101, next one over away from stage starting at 540 i think it was
    I bet I'll be able to find tickets in those areas for Staples for less than $200 before the show date.

And wtf, this guy's local area show may not have even gone on sale yet, thus he may have a slim chance of actually scoring those kind of seats through Ticketmaster for face value.

Judging by some of the rubes here, perhaps I should finance my son through college on the backs of some of you people's wallets by scalping this tour's tickets to those of you who seem so eager to throw good money away to ticket agencies.

T.B.
    Last edited by Apocalypso; 09.01.07 at 11:12 PM.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:25 AM
    Liked 973 Times in 390 Posts

I bet I'll be able to find tickets in those areas for Staples for less than $200 before the show date.

T.B.
    i agree

Last Online

12.17.17 @ 04:21 PM
    Liked 1,621 Times in 997 Posts

Donor

And wtf, this guy's local area show may not have even gone on sale yet, thus he may have a slim chance of actually scoring those kind of seats through Ticketmaster for face value.

Judging by some of the rubes here, perhaps I should finance my son through college on the backs of some of you people's wallets by scalping this tour's tickets to those of you who seem so eager to throw good money away to ticket agencies.

T.B.
    Depends on the individual preference and subjective degree of what you consider to be good seats, as opposed to the best seats possible. It's easy to get 'good' seats for cheap. It is not easy to get the BEST seats for cheap, especially for 'event' type gigs like one-off reunions and such. Many of them are given away by the band to family, friends, and industry associates and toadies and such. ILAA takes a block of them as well.

I doubt very seriously your system will work in this case, in terms of the best seats in the house...TM and the Staples Box Office aren't going to release anything in the first five rows in the center section on the floor the day before or the day of the show, and eBay is a gamble for premium seating in all cases, more so with prestige events. But sure, using your system garners 'good' seats for cheap. Certainly not the 'best' seats.

I think the 'degree' of what constitutes great seats as opposed to good seats is pretty clear, but I suppose it varies from person to person.
    Last edited by Van Squalen; 09.02.07 at 01:13 AM.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Depends on the individual preference and subjective degree of what you consider to be good seats, as opposed to the best seats possible. It's easy to get 'good' seats for cheap. It is not easy to get the BEST seats for cheap, especially for 'event' type gigs like one-off reunions and such.

I doubt very seriously your system will work in this case, in terms of the best seats in the house...TM and the Staples Box Office aren't going to release anything in the first five rows on the floor the day before or the day of the show, and eBay is a gamble for premium seating in all cases, more so with prestige events.

I think the 'degree' of what constitutes great seats as opposed to good seats is pretty clear, but I suppose it varies from person to person.
    The thing is, I was addressing the original poster's question about getting *reasonable* seats that would give him the best bang for his buck at what he seemed to indicate wasn't bank-busting prices. He didn't sound like he wanted to spring for ILAA type prices for a pit seat.

Sure, I'd be shocked if pit or first 10 rows worth of floor seats showed up on TM or the box office at any time after the show goes on sale, but I do think and history has proven me correct, that the odds are very strong that excellent seats on either side of the stage and probably decent floor seats halfway back or more will show up in the day or so before the show.

I'd like to pick up a good floor seat, obviously a pit seat at best, but I'm not that worked up about this tour to narrow my sights on that kind of ticket, mostly because I don't think this show would be worth blowing $800+ for a ticket even if it's the front row. This is not a concert I feel that's worth hundreds of dollars being within spitting distance of the band. I'll do what I always do in these sort of situations, see what I get, and if nothing else, I'll settle for and be perfectly happy with a seat just off the floor on Ed's side of the stage.

One thing I can guarantee, I won't be sitting or standing any further back than half court on the floor or further up than 6th row next to the stage.

T.B.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

06.29.08 @ 09:59 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brn5150 View Post

Good luck!
    Why are you on here? I fail to see the purpose of ANYONE on this list making such a comment! This site is for the fans of VH, yes everyone has an opinion, however, NOT everyone wants to hear it, keep that in mind next time you make a rambling. This is the best thing that has happened to VH and the fans that's left of VH in 3 years. I don't care who is singing, or playing bass, it's VH!!!! PERIOD!! The group that we'll see on the road IS VH! I dont care what your opinion is of who is VH and who is not. Facts are that Van Halen is on the road and my opportunity to see them is very good now, I hope that ego's dont explode before the KC show, my daughter was too young to see them in 04 with Sammy, but my son went, now my wife, daughter, and son and I can all go.. I"m stoked. My son right now is the exact same age I was when I first heard VH in 82 and he actually at 12 wants to go to his old man's bands concert.. shit if I would've went with my dad at 12 to see a band he grew up with...

Last Online

Donor

The thing is, I was addressing the original poster's question about getting *reasonable* seats that would give him the best bang for his buck at what he seemed to indicate wasn't bank-busting prices. He didn't sound like he wanted to spring for ILAA type prices for a pit seat.

Sure, I'd be shocked if pit or first 10 rows worth of floor seats showed up on TM or the box office at any time after the show goes on sale, but I do think and history has proven me correct, that the odds are very strong that excellent seats on either side of the stage and probably decent floor seats halfway back or more will show up in the day or so before the show.

I'd like to pick up a good floor seat, obviously a pit seat at best, but I'm not that worked up about this tour to narrow my sights on that kind of ticket, mostly because I don't think this show would be worth blowing $800+ for a ticket even if it's the front row. This is not a concert I feel that's worth hundreds of dollars being within spitting distance of the band. I'll do what I always do in these sort of situations, see what I get, and if nothing else, I'll settle for and be perfectly happy with a seat just off the floor on Ed's side of the stage.

One thing I can guarantee, I won't be sitting or standing any further back than half court on the floor or further up than 6th row next to the stage.

T.B.
    I guess I've gotten spoiled in my advancing years, 'cause halfway back on the floor or any loge seating whatsoever just aren't great seats to me....the one exception being the first row in the first loge section directly adjacent to Eddie's side of the stage. If I'm not in the first five rows of the pit of any concert, I don't have great seats, I have good seats.

Must be getting old, I am.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I guess I've gotten spoiled in my advancing years, 'cause halfway back on the floor or any loge seating whatsoever just aren't great seats to me....the one exception being the first row in the first loge section directly adjacent to Eddie's side of the stage. If I'm not in the first five rows of the pit of any concert, I don't have great seats, I have good seats.

Must be getting old, I am.
    It's priorities. I had my great seats for bands like Van Halen back when they were at their peak a quarter century ago. I don't need to be up front for a band on their 4th lineup with three members approaching senior citizen age playing 30 year old songs. Not at the prices these tickets are going for.

And when I wanna be up front, I am:

T.B.

Last Online

Donor

It's priorities. I had my great seats for bands like Van Halen back when they were at their peak a quarter century ago. I don't need to be up front for a band on their 4th lineup with three members approaching senior citizen age playing 30 year old songs. Not at the prices these tickets are going for.

And when I wanna be up front, I am:
    Ah...I was just talking about me. Not criticizing your seat choices. Take it easy.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ah...I was just talking about me. Not criticizing your seat choices. Take it easy.
    Dude, I didn't take it as criticism.

I just like to take any opportunity to brag.

T.B.