Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

Default Colorado School bans Tag on the Playground

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) - An elementary school has banned tag on its playground after some children complained they were harassed or chased against their will.

"It causes a lot of conflict on the playground," said Cindy Fesgen, assistant principal of the Discovery Canyon Campus school.

Running games are still allowed as long as students don't chase each other, she said.

Fesgen said two parents complained to her about the ban but most parents and children didn't object.

In 2005, two elementary schools in the nearby Falcon School District did away with tag and similar games in favor of alternatives with less physical contact. School officials said the move encouraged more students to play games and helped reduce playground squabbles.

Less physical contact than tag? Good lord, some want us to raise a generation of complete wimps.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070830/D8RBARRG2.html
    Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

WTF are some of these parents and schools thinking?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Remember that episode of Star Trek when these folk allowed machines to do all of their thinking and work for them, becoming so distracted and lazy that they eventually forgot how to fix the machines and wound up somewhat fucked when the machines broke down?

That scenario of the future took a giant leap towards becoming a reality, today.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Give me a freakin' break.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

10.16.17 @ 11:43 AM
    Liked 17 Times in 10 Posts

Premium Member

Chased against their will?

Ummmmm.......

Isn't that the game of TAG?

"Here's to swimmin' with bow legged women."
    Quint- Boat Captain
    --------------------------------------------------

"As God as my witness...I thought turkeys could fly"
    Arthur Carlson- Radio Station GM
    --------------------------------------------------

"I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park, and you wanna bail out! Well, I'll tell you something, this is no longer a vacation . . . it's a quest! It's a quest for fun! I'm gonna have fun, and you're gonna have fun! We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our Goddamn smiles! You'll be whistling Zip-a-dee-doo-da out of your assholes! "
    Clark W. Griswold- Food Additive Designer
    ---------------------------------------------------

VIVA TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND!
    Round I = Done!
    Round II = Done!
    Round III = Done!
    Round IV = Done!
    Round V = Done!
    Round VI = Done!
    Round VII = Done!
    Round VIII = Done!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.28.13 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This evens the field for the slower kids and the not-so-coordinated because everyone needs to be a winner. They need to do away with cowboys & indians as well because of the racial tones and the violent use of the finger as a make-believe weapon.

I'm glad I grew up in the 70's, before the PC police took away all the fun of being a kid.

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mojavebassman View Post
    I'm glad I grew up in the 70's, before the PC police took away all the fun of being a kid.
    I agree with ya. It's unbelievable how sensitive everyone has become.
    The future is going to be filled with delicate, sensitive, weak-minded people. The population is already tipping in their favor now.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, those people in the future will be very obese as well from lack of any kind of exercise.
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:03 PM
    Liked 1,085 Times in 727 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Remember that episode of Star Trek when these folk allowed machines to do all of their thinking and work for them, becoming so distracted and lazy that they eventually forgot how to fix the machines and wound up somewhat fucked when the machines broke down?
    TNG? Was that the one where the Enterprise came up on a ship of retards and they had to have Geordi fix their engines for them?
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    ...Oh, and I forgot to mention, those people in the future will be very obese as well from lack of any kind of exercise.
    Swell...so now you tell me that my first ex-wife, ever the trend-setter, was a futurist as well.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mojavebassman View Post
    This evens the field for the slower kids and the not-so-coordinated because everyone needs to be a winner. They need to do away with cowboys & indians as well because of the racial tones and the violent use of the finger as a make-believe weapon.

I was one of those kids, but I still couldn't imagine calling for the abolition of "tag". I'd like to think that recognising my athletic shortcomings at an early age helped me to develop my problem solving skills with other methods.

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Swell...so now you tell me that my first ex-wife, ever the trend-setter, was a futurist as well.
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Example #27 of the Further Pussyfication of America...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Cryin'
    Last Online

04.20.08 @ 07:39 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's sickening how much bullshit there is in public elementary schools these days... restrictions... red tape. Kids are not kids anymore. They honestly act like kids' feelings are so fragile that you could break them with a sneeze. Getting hurt in non-serious ways, getting picked on, running around playing dumb games... important to childhood! I pretty much had permanent skinned knees. There were kids that pretty much permanently had casts on their arms in school. I mean, you get boo boos. I got picked on all the time, but I laughed it off.

I work in schools and see a lot of this crap and it never fails to blow me away. Luckily I only work IN the schools, not FOR the schools. If I was a teacher in a public elementary school, I guarantee I would be fired within the first week, not because I'm a bad person or did something wrong or inadequately, but because of all the restrictions and dumbass things. For example: One of the people I work with has another job as a teacher. She almost got fired from being a teacher because once she caught a kid cheating on a test. After class, she pulled him aside and said that she was "disappointed" in him that he cheated on his test. So the next day the kid's parent comes in and starts telling this teacher off because how dare she ruin a kid's confidence like that by telling the kid she was disappointed in him. What was she supposed to do? "Good job, Johnny. You discovered what you REALLY have to do in this world to succeed... lie, cheat, and steal your way to the top!" And she had to sit there and take it, and go, "Yes ma'am, you're right, I acted inappropriately, I'm sorry. Ma'am, could you bend over a little so I could kiss your ass? Thank you ma'am." I mean Jesus, if I had been in her position, after talking with this mom for a minute, if she persisted, I would have just kicked her out of the damn classroom. Then I guess I would have been fired. As it was, she was almost fired.

As it is, the only thing they do in schools are teach the damn end-of-year tests. You're only allowed to have ONE FRIGGEN CLASSROOM PARTY A YEAR!!! I mean, I ALWAYS had at least three... Valentine's Day, Christmas... or ahem, non-religious early winter festive holiday, and an end-of-the-year party. And I would have been pissed if I didn't get all three!

Fuck schools, fuck these government restrictions, fuck lawyers, fuck pussies, fuck sue-happy parents.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Why dont they just shield the entire school with a giant plastic bubble to protect them from life? Fuckin ridiculous.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Eruption
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

I can't tell you the number of times I have had kids in the office for fighting based on a stupid game of tag. I have also had parents file charges against other kids. I kid you not I had a student , going into 7th grade at the time, have criminal charges filed against him because he grazed a girl's breast in a game. The parent wanted full charges pressed and pursued it. The kid is a sex offender now. I definitely didn't agree with the charges based on the evidence, but nonsense like this is what forces schools to act this way. Parents dictate these actions and the government mandates the standardized testing.