Favorite VH Album

VH II & 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up the Sky $ Good Enough
    Last Online

01.21.16 @ 09:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default VH FAN'S?

I don't post much, mainly read......but I know some will bash this..... that's o.k.... I would much rather have MA than WG, but something feels o.k. with me with WG. Sure the sig. background vocals won't be there, and the early FEEL on the bass MA brought...but WG is family and any true fan knows VH is a "family band" eventhough the debacles over the years with DLR are well pronounced....... DLR is original family. DLR was the one who said let's go to Hollywood out of Pasadena.....only for a short time they were there and then on tour with BS and Journey...then on their own headlining shows why? Because VH blew doors and established themselves as a true American....recording, garage, and LIVE band even OZZY said it.

I personally believe DLR truly loves VH music...ala solo shows being predominately VH related. DLR will be at home with VH including spacing the stage and the ablibs...circa U.S. Festival 83'.... they might as well have been playing in my garage that night.....all the break downs musically etc.

I say just go with what we have. I'll be there if they make it to TX......However if there is a disagreement early on and the tour can't conclude I think they are done.

Check this out though.... not even the original line up and they are playing tenatively 3 nights in Toronto....quintessential VH.... ala 84'.... stats don't lie.....this band peaked twice once with Roth in 84' and once with Hagar in 91'.....People ask me being a VH fan? Who do you like Hagar or Roth? I say well both...why? To me Roth is the original, but I was in High School listening to 5150 over and over and over on the way to school......High energy album like most great 1st albums are, but maybe a little to polished, but IMO great songs. Roth is the original if I had to hear or pick either one era or the other for the rest of my life....I would pick Roth for various reasons.

One last thing I saw Roth at Stubb's BBQ in Austin in 03'.....The crowd was all anticipating.....and lole and behole here comes Roth out of the side door only to stop by the bar and " get on par with the crowd" stoping by waving and pointing at various members of the crowd kinda like were ya been I missed ya.... only to have a few shots before going on stage....point is getting on the same level with the crowd so to speak...I will never forget it. Then they opened with HFT and he took the mic and acted like he was shifting gears with the rhythm of the music.......like he was in an Indy 500 race....probably with a little blow in his system, but I thought classic....and the rest of the night he spaced a relatively small stage very well....very symetric as usual!!!!

Peace and Love,

Long live the Mighty Vh..... 1 way or the other!!!!

Rockin Rob

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Good post, Rob. Nothing to bash about.

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance, ADKOFT
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight, As Is
    Last Online

03.30.15 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Nice post.

F'n A Cotton...F'n A.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love & Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.07 @ 01:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rockin Rob View Post
    I don't post much, mainly read......but I know some will bash this..... that's o.k.... I would much rather have MA than WG, but something feels o.k. with me with WG. Sure the sig. background vocals won't be there, and the early FEEL on the bass MA brought...but WG is family and any true fan knows VH is a "family band" eventhough the debacles over the years with DLR are well pronounced....... DLR is original family. DLR was the one who said let's go to Hollywood out of Pasadena.....only for a short time they were there and then on tour with BS and Journey...then on their own headlining shows why? Because VH blew doors and established themselves as a true American....recording, garage, and LIVE band even OZZY said it.

I personally believe DLR truly loves VH music...ala solo shows being predominately VH related. DLR will be at home with VH including spacing the stage and the ablibs...circa U.S. Festival 83'.... they might as well have been playing in my garage that night.....all the break downs musically etc.

I say just go with what we have. I'll be there if they make it to TX......However if there is a disagreement early on and the tour can't conclude I think they are done.

Check this out though.... not even the original line up and they are playing tenatively 3 nights in Toronto....quintessential VH.... ala 84'.... stats don't lie.....this band peaked twice once with Roth in 84' and once with Hagar in 91'.....People ask me being a VH fan? Who do you like Hagar or Roth? I say well both...why? To me Roth is the original, but I was in High School listening to 5150 over and over and over on the way to school......High energy album like most great 1st albums are, but maybe a little to polished, but IMO great songs. Roth is the original if I had to hear or pick either one era or the other for the rest of my life....I would pick Roth for various reasons.

One last thing I saw Roth at Stubb's BBQ in Austin in 03'.....The crowd was all anticipating.....and lole and behole here comes Roth out of the side door only to stop by the bar and " get on par with the crowd" stoping by waving and pointing at various members of the crowd kinda like were ya been I missed ya.... only to have a few shots before going on stage....point is getting on the same level with the crowd so to speak...I will never forget it. Then they opened with HFT and he took the mic and acted like he was shifting gears with the rhythm of the music.......like he was in an Indy 500 race....probably with a little blow in his system, but I thought classic....and the rest of the night he spaced a relatively small stage very well....very symetric as usual!!!!

Peace and Love,

Rockin Rob
    cool story

Favorite VH Album

VH2
    Favorite VH Song

OUTA LOVE
    Last Online

09.09.11 @ 02:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Peace and Love,

Rockin Rob
    I'm not gonna' bash you man! Pretty good post! But Lole and Behole?

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TAMPA VH View Post

I'm not gonna' bash you man! Pretty good post! But Lole and Behole?
    Let "spelling" crud/dorkage baloney go, man. For the first time in a long time, a fellow simply stated what he felt from the heart...no horseshit attatchments to the past, no qualifications. No pre-assumed, "predictable as a sunrise" attitude...

Ya know, fuckers like this have a voice that sincerely deserves to be heard.

It's time some of us (including me) could learn a thing or two from such honest voices.

Good for you, brother. Good for you.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Last Online

04.27.08 @ 12:41 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree w/everyboy saying this was a great post. I have been known on a lot of occassions to post some questionable to annoying threads, but this guy has hit a home run with this thread. Not down on all the usual stuff. States his preference without bashing other singers or bass players. Good stuff about Roth and his use of the stage space. I only saw him solo on the Eat Em and Skyscraper tours, but his worked the stage like a surgeon and made sure everybody had a blast. Even with the skyscraper tour with the ring in the middle of the arena to make sure folks in the back got a taste of the good life. I can learn a thing or two from this post...read a lot of posts, thread only when you have a worthwhile topic and be fair to the entire history and stable of VH. Kudos dude, made my day.
    Ya lollygag around around the infield, ya lollygag down to 1st, ya lollygag in and out of the dugout...ya know what that makes you?...LARRRY!!?......... .LOLLYGAGGERS!! lollygagers... -Bull Durham

Hang 'Em High Blind Lemon Loons's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind Of Truth!!
    Favorite VH Song

Stay Frosty Whooooo! Look Out!
    Last Online

12.03.17 @ 07:20 AM
    Liked 154 Times in 114 Posts

Donor

"Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up anyway."--John Wayne

Great God almighty, that's a story right there!!
    Last edited by Blind Lemon Loons; 08.27.07 at 09:15 PM. Reason: well well well

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 01:28 PM
    Liked 11,600 Times in 4,945 Posts

Guess I'm not a true fan like the rest of you...oh well.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Guess I'm not a true fan like the rest of you...oh well.
    Look, I do what I can, chief...

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

VH II & 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up the Sky $ Good Enough
    Last Online

01.21.16 @ 09:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Brett,

No hard feelings bro. I guess through the last ten years IMO at least for "SOME" fans we have something. I have lurked around and read for a while, but I would rather have the original..... are you kidding not being sarcastic, I have read your takes on this present formula of VH also it is your right to your feelings as all the other fan's. I am just happy ED survived all the turmoil over the last 10 years and atleast he is still out there. Yes if what I have read is really true there are disfunctional statements..... I guess what I am trying to say over all....... is it is what it is...... Vh that is

Wow not to be cheesy but I am at friends Restaurant and Bar and Top of the World just came on.....ya know cool with me....whatever. Trust me I am 35 my brother is 41.....I remember when VH 1 came out and thanks to him. Didn't really know what I was listening to, but he was spinnin Eruption on Vinyl and he and his friends were trippin I was almost 7 goin ya o.k., little did I know I would truly love the band at 35 pure natural and above all heart felt and feel musically anyways IMO....to me America's Zeppp!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 01:28 PM
    Liked 11,600 Times in 4,945 Posts

Trust me I am 35 my brother is 41.....I remember when VH 1 came out and thanks to him. Didn't really know what I was listening to, but he was spinnin Eruption on Vinyl and he and his friends were trippin I was almost 7 goin ya o.k., little did I know I would truly love the band at 35 pure natural and above all heart felt and feel musically anyways IMO....to me America's Zeppp!!
    Sounds familiar, although I didn't have an older brother, but I heard RWTD on a summer camp bus in 1978. Had no idea who it was or the importance of that music, and wouldn't truly discover the band until 1981 when I was 10, but always a cool memory for me....how I first heard Van Halen. I certainly didn't know 30 years later that music would be so important to my life.

So with that, I agree with you. We're good man.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Germany, about 5 Miles away from the North Sea
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me wise Magic
    Last Online

03.14.08 @ 06:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Memories and Shivers down my Spine...

... are the Feelings, that I get, when I think 'bout the Occasions in my Life in which Van Halen' Music accompanied my Days. The first Tape in my first Car was F.U.C.K. My first big Vacation with my Parents was in 86 and "Why can't this be Love" was blasting out of the Radio all day. My Son was born in April 07 and my Mp3 Player was playing "Fair Warning" all Night while my wife was lying in Pain with me getting my Hands smashed. On every damn Party 'round the House there's "Jump" comin' on.

Let me put this straight. I love this Band. Still do. Even with all these Posts I read around here. Being a participant in this great Forum gives me a lot of Insight, that the average Person doesn't get. But nothing changes the Impact of the Music. I hope, that this Tour will be as good as it can be. I'm jealous of all you Americans, because you'll get it in September. I think I#ll have to wait a long time, before this Thing comes to Germany. If it ever will do.

Let's hope the Best, that everyone enjoys what's comin' up.

Best regards.
    The problem with self-improvement is knowing when to quit.

Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind Of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights / IŽll Wait
    Last Online

11.06.17 @ 01:38 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles1977 View Post
    ... are the Feelings, that I get, when I think 'bout the Occasions in my Life in which Van Halen' Music accompanied my Days. The first Tape in my first Car was F.U.C.K. My first big Vacation with my Parents was in 86 and "Why can't this be Love" was blasting out of the Radio all day. My Son was born in April 07 and my Mp3 Player was playing "Fair Warning" all Night while my wife was lying in Pain with me getting my Hands smashed. On every damn Party 'round the House there's "Jump" comin' on.

Let me put this straight. I love this Band. Still do. Even with all these Posts I read around here. Being a participant in this great Forum gives me a lot of Insight, that the average Person doesn't get. But nothing changes the Impact of the Music. I hope, that this Tour will be as good as it can be. I'm jealous of all you Americans, because you'll get it in September. I think I#ll have to wait a long time, before this Thing comes to Germany. If it ever will do.

Let's hope the Best, that everyone enjoys what's comin' up.

Best regards.
    Good to see another German Linker here on the boards....WELCOME !!!

Germany, about 5 Miles away from the North Sea
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me wise Magic
    Last Online

03.14.08 @ 06:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi there.
    The problem with self-improvement is knowing when to quit.