Register
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, Balance, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Beats Workin'
    Last Online

04.19.12 @ 02:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Any fans of electronic music here ?

Well, are there ?
    "VH is like the chick who you haven't seen in a while... There were ups and downs, disappointments abound, but fucked ya so good. She calls ya and wants you to come over... You're not gonna remember the bad, you're gonna head over for a piece of ass... BUT, you're not goin' over there to get back together again for the longterm 'cause ya know it ain't gonna last forever!!!" -fast98dodge

~~~MY VH SHOWS~~~

Verizon Center-Washington DC 3/28/12

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Post your MySpace link here!

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

07.01.10 @ 06:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Define electronic music. If you mean Vangelis, Klaus Schulz, Brian Eno, Steve Roach, etc, then Yes. That would also me the type of music (if you want to call it as such) I create, albeit with guitar, loops, etc.

http://www.myspace.com/alanimberg

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 45 Times in 28 Posts

I used to listen to Beta Band, if that qualifies as electronic music

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

06.12.16 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

VNV Nation , baby!
    """"\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

www.myspace.com/mikesisca

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

" SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!

Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Beats Workin'
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    Post your MySpace link here!
    www.myspace.com/originalbwrmusic
    "VH is like the chick who you haven't seen in a while... There were ups and downs, disappointments abound, but fucked ya so good. She calls ya and wants you to come over... You're not gonna remember the bad, you're gonna head over for a piece of ass... BUT, you're not goin' over there to get back together again for the longterm 'cause ya know it ain't gonna last forever!!!" -fast98dodge

~~~MY VH SHOWS~~~

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by STC5150 View Post
    I'm getting "Invalid Link." (?)

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Beats Workin'
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm getting "Invalid Link." (?)
    http://www.myspace.com/officialbwrmusic
    Now I see I put the wrong link up, Sorry.

~~~MY VH SHOWS~~~

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

I also PM'ed this to STC (because he asked for feedback on his music), but I'll put my thoughts here as well in case others want to check out his stuff.

--

Well I finally got a good pass listening to all of your tunes just now. Sorry it took so long, but depending on where I am I can't always be listening to things online.

So here's a few thoughts, and keep in mind I know very little about electronic music overall; so I'm really just coming from a general perspective on this stuff.

"The Aurora Underground" - I liked the basic structure and beats. I really wanted to hear the song launch into a completely different section, though; the Bmi, G, A, Bmi progression got a little repetitive (though I completely recognize that is the idea behind a lot of electronic/house type music).

"A Marriage Of Souls" - Question: Do you quantize your keyboard parts? I liked the heavy analog synth triplet thing you had going on, but it seemed to slip into quarter notes occasionally (sounding like quantizing pulling it off just a bit).

"Nicole" - I like the breakdown section of this one.

"Downtown" - You made me realize I like minor keys for electronic music. I think it's most "moody"!

Also, tell me (or post it to the thread you started) your process for recording. What keyboards, gear, and/or software are you using? What goes into writing a song? How long have you been doing it? I always like knowing where someone is coming from.

Yeah!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Beats Workin'
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I also PM'ed this to STC (because he asked for feedback on his music), but I'll put my thoughts here as well in case others want to check out his stuff.

--

Well I finally got a good pass listening to all of your tunes just now. Sorry it took so long, but depending on where I am I can't always be listening to things online.

So here's a few thoughts, and keep in mind I know very little about electronic music overall; so I'm really just coming from a general perspective on this stuff.

"The Aurora Underground" - I liked the basic structure and beats. I really wanted to hear the song launch into a completely different section, though; the Bmi, G, A, Bmi progression got a little repetitive (though I completely recognize that is the idea behind a lot of electronic/house type music).

"A Marriage Of Souls" - Question: Do you quantize your keyboard parts? I liked the heavy analog synth triplet thing you had going on, but it seemed to slip into quarter notes occasionally (sounding like quantizing pulling it off just a bit).

"Nicole" - I like the breakdown section of this one.

"Downtown" - You made me realize I like minor keys for electronic music. I think it's most "moody"!

Also, tell me (or post it to the thread you started) your process for recording. What keyboards, gear, and/or software are you using? What goes into writing a song? How long have you been doing it? I always like knowing where someone is coming from.

Yeah!
    Ok. First of all, thanks for stopping by, checking things out, and the adds, I appreciate it. I have been making this music for a grand total of 6 months, thats it. I use a program called FL Studio, which is an all inclusive DAW (seriously, go to flstudio.com and check this bitch out, it's killer). I use NO hardware synths at all, they are all softsynth VST instruments, and most of them are available for free download from various places. There is only one synth I have bought so far, and than ran me a total of 40 dollars for the 2 of them, and they figure prominently on the first 2 songs you listened to. The first 2 you listened to I began writing them Last thursday, and finished them yesterday. The second one(aurora underground) I began sat. evening, and finished completely yesterday. I start out with having a main riff or lead in my head, and try to run to the laptop to get it down. I get it down, make other synth melodies I think fit well, then throw in the beats, basslines (also using a synth), and the hihats, crashes, ect. I then go through and add effects to different instruments( think of a complete pedalboard from boss... I have it ALL). After thats done, I add some eq and compression on the master mixer track, level out the other tracks appropriatley, and when I think I have it where I want it, I render the song to an mp3, and listen to the song on myh headphones. I make adjustments from there (is the bass louder than the kick, is there clipping on a certiain part, ect.) Basic audio mastering and mixing. I have absolutley no training in this field whatsoever, I just go in and tweak by ear, till I get something that sounds good to me. When I first start the song, I can change the key of the song, the default of the program is C. That's really about it. I've always liked this kind of music for some reason, and I can listen to a song like this and play mean street next. Andrew, thanks for taking the time to check out my stuff, and sharing your thoughts with me. If you'd ever like to try something different and lend a guitar track to one of my songs, just let me know.

~~~MY VH SHOWS~~~

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

07.01.10 @ 06:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by STC5150 View Post
    ........I use a program called FL Studio, which is an all inclusive DAW (seriously, go to flstudio.com and check this bitch out, it's killer).
    I use FL Studio to create rhythm loops. Its a cool package. Keeps me creative when I'm traveling and don't have a guitar handy.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Beats Workin'
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There's a new song up on my myspace if anyone is interested !

~~~MY VH SHOWS~~~