Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default US WWII Submarine Found After 65 Years

I love stories like these:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/...ine_Found.html

The USS Grunion went missing just before the Aleutian Island campain (1942).

A submarine had been found by accident by sonar and the search began. There is an official site here:

http://www.ussgrunion.com/

If you watch "Deadliest Catch" then you know the kind of ocean they went searching in.

RIP gentlemen.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:17 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Cool story. I love to read things like this. I am facinated by the war in the pacific during WWII.

RIP to the crew
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

I dig this stuff too. Anyone know if they filmed any of this expedition for TV?

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

I sincerely hope a plaque is lowered, commemorating these fine men, and the site is left undisturbed.

Rest at peace, gentlemen. And thank you.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I hope that these men's final resting place wasn't disturbed by the recent Russian land (ice) grab attempts in the Arctic
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    I hope that these men's final resting place wasn't disturbed by the recent Russian land (ice) grab attempts in the Arctic
    Must you shit everywhere you eat?
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    I sincerely hope a plaque is lowered, commemorating these fine men, and the site is left undisturbed.
    That would be best. It's a war grave, and as such is still US government property. Usually those who do documentary expeditions wrecks like this are careful not to disturb things, but once the location is out... I don't imagine that anyone will try to dive on it recreationally, though. The location isn't great for that. Recreational divers are the ones who pick such places clean.

I don't scuba dive, but if I ever win the lottery I intend to learn how. Standing on the deck of the Saratoga at Bikini would really be something.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Must you shit everywhere you eat?
    What "shit"??

I was seriously considering the possibility that this sunken sub might have been disturbed by the recent traffic of the Russian navy, who would have had to cross through the Bering strait in order to make their ridiculous claims of an ice shelf near the northern extremities of Canada.

Global warming could also be a factor in things moving around up there, but I didn't want to bring that into this.

Fuck it. I could say "the sky is blue" and someone would respond with "Blue?? Now the sky is liberal too? Is everything fucking politics to you FORD??"

This really isn't the time or place for a rant, but I'm goddamn sick of people putting words in my mouth (or keyboard) that I never said.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    What "shit"??
    The following shit...

Yeah, that shit.

I was seriously considering the possibility that this sunken sub might have been disturbed by the recent traffic of the Russian navy, who would have had to cross through the Bering strait in order to make their ridiculous claims of an ice shelf near the northern extremities of Canada.
    Just because you cooked up a theory doesn't make it a possibility. You felt like interjecting Russia's plans for the Arctic into this thread. That's the shit craig is referring to.

Global warming could also be a factor in things moving around up there, but I didn't want to bring that into this.
    But you have, anyway. Way to go on not doing what you did.

Fuck it. I could say "the sky is blue" and someone would respond with "Blue?? Now the sky is liberal too? Is everything fucking politics to you FORD??"

This really isn't the time or place for a rant, but I'm goddamn sick of people putting words in my mouth (or keyboard) that I never said.
    Who put words in your mouth? You can't blame craig for saying what was quite likely on most peoples' minds: "There he goes again."

It wasn't enough that a submarine from 1942 was discovered. You *had* to throw the Russian navy out there, a land grab in the Arctic and, now, global warming. Hell, I guess we should just be thankful that you didn't blame Bush. <--- Yet.

People treat you differently because you insist on behaving differently. Not every thread has to involve politics, foreign countries, global warming, etc. Give your agendas a break and, who knows, you might just catch one yourself.
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."