Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Little Dreamer
    Last Online

08.11.08 @ 08:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default summer season finales

what shows have you been watching over the summer that you're most bummed about ending? I'm really upset about Army Wives, I've been following it religiously all summer. I'm also really bummed about Entourage and Big Love. I hope all of them, esp. army wives, come back next summer!

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Thanks to cable, it's not really that big of a deal. For instance "Ghost Hunters" on Sci-Fi has split things up so that the show "returns" twice per year (the next batch of episodes is in late September). Fox has featured rotating shows for years now: "The Shield", "Nip/Tuck", "Rescue Me" along with newer entrees like "The Riches" and "Dirt".

The downside is with so much to watch, one can forget shows. I have not seen a single episode this season of "Rescue Me", whereas last year it was "by appointment" viewing for me. And some of these shows end their runs with somewhat less than spectacular cliffhangers:"CSI", "24" and "House" all were let downs in that regard, and "Lost" was simply nebulous.

NBC is fucking up "Heroes" in a splendid fashion, by airing reruns in an order apparently picked out of a hat, which doesn't exactly rivet-up the anticipation for the show's return, unless complete bewilderment through befuddlement is one's cup of tea.

As one show passes, there certainly seem to be several others to fill the void. The impact of this, along with seemingly arbitrary cancellations of other shows, has been one of diminished concern across the board. It is simply far too difficult to give much of a damn anymore.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Last Online

12.17.17 @ 01:29 AM
    Liked 1,619 Times in 996 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Thanks to cable, it's not really that big of a deal. For instance "Ghost Hunters" on Sci-Fi has split things up so that the show "returns" twice per year (the next batch of episodes is in late September). Fox has featured rotating shows for years now: "The Shield", "Nip/Tuck", "Rescue Me" along with newer entrees like "The Riches" and "Dirt".

The downside is with so much to watch, one can forget shows. I have not seen a single episode this season of "Rescue Me",
    That is a shame. Rescue Me is still by far the best show on the tube this summer.

That new F/X legal thriller Damages with Glenn Close and Ted Danson isn't bad either.

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    That is a shame. Rescue Me is still by far the best show on the tube this summer.

That new F/X legal thriller Damages with Glenn Close and Ted Danson isn't bad either.

Hey VS, I've only seen the previews for Damages on tv. However, I couldn't see the short clips that I watched turn into a regular series. Does it play out well?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last Online

12.17.17 @ 01:29 AM
    Liked 1,619 Times in 996 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by onefootoutthedoor View Post
    Hey VS, I've only seen the previews for Damages on tv. However, I couldn't see the short clips that I watched turn into a regular series. Does it play out well?
    It's actually pretty engaging. Close is a nasty calculating lawyer bitch type, Danson's a billionaire snake oil mogul on trial for selling out his employees, and the story's told in 'reverse' flashback mode centered on a young female hero in Close's firm who's apparently killed someone and her fiancee subsequently killed, all as a result of this one case told over the season.

Good acting for sure.

Rescue Me's season isn't as good as the last one (remember the controversial 'willing rape' scene between Tommy and Janet), but it's still top notch.