Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

11.29.07 @ 10:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default everybody want some -- the book

hey , has anyone read this book ?I think it may be new heard the dj talking about it today sounds like a good read but I dont know if it just rehash content

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

The only good read some VH fans migh consider reading is this. I'd say quite essential

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

12.30.15 @ 02:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Everybody Wants Some Review

I read it. I really enjoyed it. I couldn't put it down. I had picked up the VH101 book that came out a few years ago, and couldn't get through much of it due to the way it was presented (shoot me). What I love about this book is the way it reads, like a great novel you can't wait to see what's next, even though we all know the story. As a devoted reader of the links for about four years, I found it to be a nice summary of most everything I have read here over the years. There were a few things I didn't know about (the Kurt Kobain reference was one), but most of the stuff has been discussed at some point.

I really enjoyed the account of the 2004 tour - I had forgotten about some of the stuff that went on during that tour (Eddie's blessing of the diners in MA, the 2 dorks interviews, etc..) and pretty much all the key stuff that went on is covered quite nicely in the book including the tour ender. It really was a nice summary of the whole tour.

I think for your die hard linker, there's not any new scoops really. Realistically, how could there be? This community knows it all. But if your looking for a great read of a well known story, I highly reccommend this book. For the casual fan who has not been hooked on the links like we have, this is A MUST READ. If I were getting psyched for an upcoming show, this is a great read to get up to speed on the story. I think another great audience for this book would be someone who's just now joining the links cuz their getting ready for the big show this summer, and they want an easy way to get caught up.

As a Pro-Sammy fan, I have to warn you, the book is clearly written from a Dave fan perspective. That being said, I still loved the books, and the not-so subtle Sammy put downs are taken in stride, and not that offensive really. I think even Sammy might not be pissed.

The book covers pretty much everything right up to the Hall of Fame Ceremony. So as we know, there's lots more to the story to be written as history is played out. Would love to see an updated version of the book in say six months.

Two thumbs up from me!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1 Thru 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.17.09 @ 10:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am into the first chapter, and it's already very good. I am a VH fan who's read every interview and seen every photo, but this book has new info that I never knew about, and I'm only on page 12. It has the making of being the best read on the band I've ever seen. But if you pick it up, you may have difficulty putting it down....You Have Been Warned.