Van Halen / OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin Bout Love / 5150
    Last Online

05.04.08 @ 10:07 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default San Diego Thread

Andrew here writing from Australia.

Just wondering if someone in the San Diego area could write me if they hear ANYTHING about the tix going on sale for San Diego's show.
    e.g. anything on the radio etc.

I want to be sure I don't miss out cos it'll be a long frikkin way to go if I don't have good seats.

anyone in the know?
    Know any way I can be assured of good seats?

andrewp a T wazzawazzawazza. c 0 m . au

also planning to see them in San Jose

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:08 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Bump.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:08 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Top Timmyyyyyy lives in SD, he is a pirate. Arrrggggggggggg
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Get This Stuff No More
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 06:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

SAN DIEGO Tailgate Party

--------------

Who's in?

Gonna bring a grill....
    ...gonna make some buffalo wings...
    (mine are better than anyone's in the world)
    ...and a cooler full of refreshing beverages...
    ...and maybe a generator and my cover band too..

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

06.16.12 @ 12:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Hola!

Looking at the Cox Seating chart it doesn't look like there will be a ring. There was not one @ Coors on the 2004 tour either. Makes me wonder if a ILAA 4 Star would be a good buy... Cox Arena is small!

Drew

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:16 PM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitewatersky View Post
    Just wondering if someone in the San Diego area could write me if they hear ANYTHING about the tix going on sale for San Diego's show.
    9/15 10AM, according to Ticketbastard. DJ on the radio announced it the other day too.

Cox is pretty small, not a bad seat there though, unless you get a seat behind the stage. No BEER sales either. Bummer. I'm going to try online Saturday like every other poor schmuck.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by LOC View Post
    SAN DIEGO Tailgate Party

--------------

Who's in?

Gonna bring a grill....
    ...gonna make some buffalo wings...
    (mine are better than anyone's in the world)
    ...and a cooler full of refreshing beverages...
    ...and maybe a generator and my cover band too..

Thought that was your sig. LOL. Maybe you can bring some leftover Turkey. No BEER sales inside, going drink outside I guess. God, give me a strong bladder.

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Anyone who attends this show, heads up:

1. This venue sucks in terms of sound. I've attended, and worked, countless shows at this venue.

2. Avoid any and all seating towards the top tier. You won't have an actual seat, it'll be a concrete bench that spans the entire length of the arena. I believe the top 5-10 rows are concrete.

3. It's located on a college campus, so be prepared for some serious traffic. It'll be a clusterfuck. You also have the campus cops to worry about, in addition to regular PD. And, frat houses are everywhere, so watch out for inebriated college pukes.

4. It's a very small indoor venue; it seats about 12,000, and its main use is for college basketball games, so that should give you an idea of what you're
    in store for.

5. Security really sucks. It's no longer handled by Staff Pro, which was San Diego's top event security. It's now handled by Elite Security. They're licensed
    for carrying handcuffs, and they look for any excuse to use them. While Staff Pro did everything they could to avoid having to put their hands on you, unless it was absolutely necessary, Elite won't hesitate to. They employ a lot of military who are moonlighting, and, for the most part, the military they employ are actually pretty decent about restraining themselves and not going overboard. Unless, however, you get a Marine or some idiot 'roid freak. They do tend to get overzealous in the performance of their duties, and
    it's those types that really look forward to working concerts so they can "get some!", if you know what I mean. Not only that, but Elite's management sucks, and they are highly unorganized. Elite does NOT have a lot
    of concert experience, as opposed to Staff Pro, and it will show when you attend this gig. If any guard does anything you feel isn't right, they are all required to wear a badge with their name, employee ID#, and photo imprinted on it, so it'll be easy to report them if need be.

I used to work for Elite while I was stationed in San Diego the last few years before I retired. I was a supervisor for them and saw a lot of this firsthand. This isn't the ramblings of a disgruntled fired/former employee. I had to quit that job when I took up duty as an MP because it would conflict with my military schedule. I just wanted to let everyone know what to expect before they go.

And, be sure park your car in a well-lit area within the venue. Parking at the venue is free, but do not attempt to cut corners and park your car in the
    surrounding neighborhoods. It'll wind up towed or broken into. Residents in the area do have stickers on their windshield indicating they live there, and they will call the police if they see a car without a sticker on it. It happens constantly. The college area does attract a lot of crime, too, unfortunately.

Here's a link to the venue's site:

http://www.as.sdsu.edu/cox_arena/index2.html

If you want to get bite to eat prior to, or after, the show, there are a few good eateries in the college area. There's a really cool pace called "D.Z. Aikens" off the 8 FWY on Fletcher Parkway. It's a NY style deli/restaurant,and you get your money's worth. There are also a few good mom an' pop Mexican restaurants near the college area as well.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

5150 from LWAN....
    Last Online

08.13.16 @ 12:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood P. View Post
    9/15 10AM, according to Ticketbastard. DJ on the radio announced it the other day too.

Cox is pretty small, not a bad seat there though, unless you get a seat behind the stage. No BEER sales either. Bummer. I'm going to try online Saturday like every other poor schmuck.
    No BEER sales???? Are we talking just beer or alcohol in general? How'd you hear that?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

5150 from LWAN....
    Last Online

08.13.16 @ 12:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vince G. View Post
    Anyone who attends this show, heads up:

1. This venue sucks in terms of sound. I've attended, and worked, countless shows at this venue.

2. Avoid any and all seating towards the top tier. You won't have an actual seat, it'll be a concrete bench that spans the entire length of the arena. I believe the top 5-10 rows are concrete.

3. It's located on a college campus, so be prepared for some serious traffic. It'll be a clusterfuck. You also have the campus cops to worry about, in addition to regular PD. And, frat houses are everywhere, so watch out for inebriated college pukes.

4. It's a very small indoor venue; it seats about 12,000, and its main use is for college basketball games, so that should give you an idea of what you're
    in store for.

5. Security really sucks. It's no longer handled by Staff Pro, which was San Diego's top event security. It's now handled by Elite Security. They're licensed
    for carrying handcuffs, and they look for any excuse to use them. While Staff Pro did everything they could to avoid having to put their hands on you, unless it was absolutely necessary, Elite won't hesitate to. They employ a lot of military who are moonlighting, and, for the most part, the military they employ are actually pretty decent about restraining themselves and not going overboard. Unless, however, you get a Marine or some idiot 'roid freak. They do tend to get overzealous in the performance of their duties, and
    it's those types that really look forward to working concerts so they can "get some!", if you know what I mean. Not only that, but Elite's management sucks, and they are highly unorganized. Elite does NOT have a lot
    of concert experience, as opposed to Staff Pro, and it will show when you attend this gig. If any guard does anything you feel isn't right, they are all required to wear a badge with their name, employee ID#, and photo imprinted on it, so it'll be easy to report them if need be.

I used to work for Elite while I was stationed in San Diego the last few years before I retired. I was a supervisor for them and saw a lot of this firsthand. This isn't the ramblings of a disgruntled fired/former employee. I had to quit that job when I took up duty as an MP because it would conflict with my military schedule. I just wanted to let everyone know what to expect before they go.

And, be sure park your car in a well-lit area within the venue. Parking at the venue is free, but do not attempt to cut corners and park your car in the
    surrounding neighborhoods. It'll wind up towed or broken into. Residents in the area do have stickers on their windshield indicating they live there, and they will call the police if they see a car without a sticker on it. It happens constantly. The college area does attract a lot of crime, too, unfortunately.

Here's a link to the venue's site:

http://www.as.sdsu.edu/cox_arena/index2.html

If you want to get bite to eat prior to, or after, the show, there are a few good eateries in the college area. There's a really cool pace called "D.Z. Aikens" off the 8 FWY on Fletcher Parkway. It's a NY style deli/restaurant,and you get your money's worth. There are also a few good mom an' pop Mexican restaurants near the college area as well.

Hey Vince, what's the tailgating situation there? I've been to a couple concerts there but never really tried to party in the parking lot. Is alcohol allowed?

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cf View Post
    Hey Vince, what's the tailgating situation there? I've been to a couple concerts there but never really tried to party in the parking lot. Is alcohol allowed?
    Unless you plan on taking a chance and park out in the street, all the parking is done on campus since the venue is located on campus as well. And campus security is everywhere, literally, so that squashes any tailgating plans right there. Through all the shows I attended and worked at that venue, I don't ever recall seeing ANY tailgating happening ANYWHERE. You've got the regular flunky campus security, the campus police, and San Diego PD in that area. I wouldn't even attempt it, man.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by cf View Post
    No BEER sales???? Are we talking just beer or alcohol in general? How'd you hear that?

I've been to a couple of shows there. It's just the policy at the arena. No booze is sold. Don't want to get the college kids any drunker than they already are, I guess.

We did some drinking in the parking lot, long as you're not stupid and maybe use cups you're OK. Like Vince says tho, no real tailgating per se.

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

Premium Member

Well anyone else get their tix? By the time I got online all the cheap seats, which was what I wanted, were gone, at least I couldn't get 3 seats together. Had to pay 500 bucks for 3 tixs. Probably not any better than most of the $80 ones. Not a bad seat in the house really since Cox is smaller than most arenas.

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Get This Stuff No More
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 06:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

got mine...shitty, but I got 'em!

Favorite VH Album

ALL ALBUMS from ALL ERAS!!!
    Favorite VH Song

ALL SONGS from ALL ERAS!
    Last Online

11.25.07 @ 01:11 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm going... who else is?

I'm going to the San Diego show! Who else is going? I might be up to a tailgate party. We'll see.