Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

dreams
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:54 AM
    Liked 32 Times in 18 Posts

Default no record setting ticket sales

Well, the on-sales happened, and VH Mach IV hasn't ignited stampedes of ticket buyers. One sellout thus far Stateside--the Charlotte Bobcats Arena--which seems pretty small. Plenty of tickets remain for Greensboro, Chicago and Detroit, and some tickets remain for Rosemont. Also, the announcement today of an 11/1 show in Washington (not on the official site, but on Ticketmaster) makes it unlikely that a 2nd show is contemplated in my neck of the woods--Boston.

I really think that if they had done this right--with all 4 original members--there would have been demand for multiple nights in all the major markets. But alas....

On a personal note, I would like to comment that, to my own surprise, because of the exiling of MA, I feel no excitement for this tour--none-- although I have anticipated hearing the DLR songs live for years, having only seen the SH incarnation live (7 times). I somewhat admire Brett and those like him, who have declared that they simply will not go. To an extent, I wish I had the strength of this conviction. But, for me, it will come down to, "do you want to hear Eddie play live one more time?" And I just can't say no to that question, so I'll probably go, albeit with a somewhat heavy heart for what might have been.

One would hope that VH and promoters would look at Chicago with at least 1/3 of the balcony barren of bodies, and realize the importance of MA. One would hope that EVH would look at lower-than-expected ticket sales in major markets and sense the fan backlash against his son and the emotional injury that his son may suffer when the backlash transforms from Internet banter to in-the-flesh hostility once this dubious enterprise hits the stage. I have nothing against Wolfie personally, and I wish him well in his OWN career, but I surely will not be applauding him on 10/30 if I am there.

But only rational actors would act in accordance with the above considerations, and, I know, VH and rational action have not been acquainted in recent years. So, what we will get is a tour with average attendance followed by--mark my words--a "disagreement" between the brothers and DLR that leads to the dissolution of VH Mach IV, followed by years of inactivity. This band did so much for music in the 18 years spanning the Dave and Sammy incarnations. If ongoing creativity in the vein of Rush is impossible, as it apparently is, this band at a minimum deserves a triumphant cap to its career. But such a triumph is something they seem bound and determined to deny themselves.

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by dart93 View Post
    Well, the on-sales happened, and VH Mach IV hasn't ignited stampedes of ticket buyers. One sellout thus far Stateside--the Charlotte Bobcats Arena--which seems pretty small. Plenty of tickets remain for Greensboro, Chicago and Detroit, and some tickets remain for Rosemont. Also, the announcement today of an 11/1 show in Washington (not on the official site, but on Ticketmaster) makes it unlikely that a 2nd show is contemplated in my neck of the woods--Boston.

I really think that if they had done this right--with all 4 original members--there would have been demand for multiple nights in all the major markets. But alas....

On a personal note, I would like to comment that, to my own surprise, because of the exiling of MA, I feel no excitement for this tour--none-- although I have anticipated hearing the DLR songs live for years, having only seen the SH incarnation live (7 times). I somewhat admire Brett and those like him, who have declared that they simply will not go. To an extent, I wish I had the strength of this conviction. But, for me, it will come down to, "do you want to hear Eddie play live one more time?" And I just can't say no to that question, so I'll probably go, albeit with a somewhat heavy heart for what might have been.

One would hope that VH and promoters would look at Chicago with at least 1/3 of the balcony barren of bodies, and realize the importance of MA. One would hope that EVH would look at lower-than-expected ticket sales in major markets and sense the fan backlash against his son and the emotional injury that his son may suffer when the backlash transforms from Internet banter to in-the-flesh hostility once this dubious enterprise hits the stage. I have nothing against Wolfie personally, and I wish him well in his OWN career, but I surely will not be applauding him on 10/30 if I am there.

But only rational actors would act in accordance with the above considerations, and, I know, VH and rational action have not been acquainted in recent years. So, what we will get is a tour with average attendance followed by--mark my words--a "disagreement" between the brothers and DLR that leads to the dissolution of VH Mach IV, followed by years of inactivity. This band did so much for music in the 18 years spanning the Dave and Sammy incarnations. If ongoing creativity in the vein of Rush is impossible, as it apparently is, this band at a minimum deserves a triumphant cap to its career. But such a triumph is something they seem bound and determined to deny themselves.

Alrighty then..... Duly noted...

Have fun at the show....

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance, ADKOFT
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight, As Is
    Last Online

03.30.15 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default well.

Soup is good.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

06.12.16 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by StonewallVH5150 View Post
    Soup is good.
    yeah it is.

btw, i love chicken.
    """"\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

www.myspace.com/mikesisca

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

" SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!

Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Feels So Good (deal with it...
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 426 Times in 228 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by sisca View Post
    yeah it is.

btw, i love chicken.
    Lately I have really been digging putting copious amounts of hot sauce in my chicken soup. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....
    Signature not currently available. You aren't missing much.

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance, ADKOFT
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight, As Is
    Last Online

03.30.15 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy5150 View Post
    Lately I have really been digging putting copious amounts of hot sauce in my chicken soup. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....
    And I am sure there is a good reason why I wasnt called for the Hot Sauce Chicken Soup Party?? Fuck me, tell me im not THAT guy.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.07.14 @ 08:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think the shows are selling similarly to the 04' tour. IN Chicago they have singles and cheap seats left. The first show only has singles and shitty behind the stage seats at All State. So even if it doesn't sell out because of those seats this isn't a good indicator. I agree if it was the tour with MA it should be and without alot of the recent years drama perhaps those crappy seats would have sold as well. I don't care either way. I have tix to both shows and I plan on enjoying myself.
    "Great Things Like This Only Happen For The First Time Once..." Gary Busey

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

06.27.12 @ 07:59 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think the reason we're not seeing "record shattering" tix sales is one reason only - THEY'RE TOO F'ING EXPENSIVE!!!

Much as I love 'em, VH ain't the Stones. If these tix were more reasonably priced, there would be more sellouts, etc. We around here might like to think it's cause of Mikey, but it isn't. It's about not having to empty your account to see a fucking rock concert. I don't think the '04 tour sold out many venues 2 nights in a row either, and that was a TRUE reunion of the Hagar years.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Feels So Good (deal with it...
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 426 Times in 228 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by StonewallVH5150 View Post
    And I am sure there is a good reason why I wasnt called for the Hot Sauce Chicken Soup Party?? Fuck me, tell me im not THAT guy.
    We called man!!! You didn't answer the phone.
    Signature not currently available. You aren't missing much.

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

The first Toronto show sold out in minutes.... think the second show is now pretty much sold out too....(radio said that...?)

They'll do well on the tour,most will sell out or near sell out....
    Lotta cash will be snatched ..

Last Online

11.22.07 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, the on-sales happened, and VH Mach IV hasn't ignited stampedes of ticket buyers. One sellout thus far Stateside--the Charlotte Bobcats Arena--which seems pretty small. Plenty of tickets remain for Greensboro, Chicago and Detroit, and some tickets remain for Rosemont. Also, the announcement today of an 11/1 show in Washington (not on the official site, but on Ticketmaster) makes it unlikely that a 2nd show is contemplated in my neck of the woods--Boston. (rest of whining snipped)
    Check your facts. The tour is selling very well, far better than I think a lot of people expected, at least so far. They are adding more dates and more will continue to be added. *All* the 4 and 5 Star packages available so far have sold out, whether it's ticket agencies or fans with retardedly deep pockets, they're gone in a few hour's time at the most. That's pretty amazing.

You Mikey-roids will just have to live with the fact his former band isn't going to suddenly get cold feet this tour, dump the kid and bring Anthony back in the band.

T.B.

Good Enough ED'S A 20THCENTURY MOZART's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Like em all. even III. ;}
    Favorite VH Song

A Lot!
    Last Online

09.08.16 @ 05:36 PM
    Liked 116 Times in 66 Posts

Philly is sold out too.
    I DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' CLICK!

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

08.09.17 @ 12:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This tour is going to make a sick amount of money.
    Tonight, the host on our local FOX Sports Net radio station (in Indy) spent 20 minutes talking about it.
    (he wants mikey back)
    20 minutes spent discussing a music tour on sports radio!
    I think the boys are doing alright for themselves.
    Can't wait for the show!

Hang 'Em High James in New York's Avatar
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:18 AM
    Liked 2,082 Times in 675 Posts

yep...

Favorite VH Album

fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by ED'S A 20THCENTURY MOZART View Post
    Philly is sold out too.
    And a 2nd show was added as well~! Philly sold out in 30 mins!
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)