Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 93
  1. #1
    Hot For Teacher BOSOXRULE's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.03.07
    Posts
    280
    Last Online

    04.27.08 @ 12:41 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default When does one lose his newbie status?

    Just wondering, dont know who makes the official call here. I have seen some post recently, myself included, that are quickly shot down or threads moved due to wrong area that are commented on by posters who have been here awhile. They ususally are comments to the newbie like "darn newbie", "we should have number of posts quota for newbies to start threads" and "newbie doesnt know anything since he is new" I was just wondering when I get my "I've posted the allowable number of times to get some respect around here card"...Thank you from the Newbie.
    Ya lollygag around around the infield, ya lollygag down to 1st, ya lollygag in and out of the dugout...ya know what that makes you?...LARRRY!!?......... .LOLLYGAGGERS!! lollygagers... -Bull Durham

  2. #2
    5150 HuBBs5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.19.04
    Age
    36
    Posts
    621
    Favorite VH Album

    ADKOT, II, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    AS IS
    Last Online

    05.26.15 @ 05:03 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    when you reject the new VH and demand MA back. j/k
    -----HuBBs5150-----

    "Meet us in the future not the pasture!" - DLR, Aug 13th 2007

    What is GamingVision?

  3. #3
    Sinner's Swing! Bullwinkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.07
    Location
    698 Sycamore Road, San Pueblo, CA
    Posts
    2,789
    Favorite VH Album

    Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

    I Think I Love You
    Last Online

    06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    I always assumed that anyone with fewer posts than me was a newbie and could be treated with scorn and derision.

    Now, shut up, n00b! And go fix me a turkey pot pie.

  4. #4
    Eruption RKVH5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.07.04
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    1,037
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.08.17 @ 01:53 PM
    Likes
    272
    Liked 285 Times in 146 Posts

    Default

    When you stop asking questions that have been asked 10 other times in the forums...when you understand the difference between a ticket seller and a ticket broker... when you don't immediately start asking questions to draw the waring sides of DLR vs Hagar into a standoff in the thread.

  5. #5
    Hot For Teacher BOSOXRULE's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.03.07
    Posts
    280
    Last Online

    04.27.08 @ 12:41 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    I always assumed that anyone with fewer posts than me was a newbie and could be treated with scorn and derision.

    Now, shut up, n00b! And go fix me a turkey pot pie.
    No quoting of Breakfast Club here dude!!!!, although that is just a request since im a newbie
    Ya lollygag around around the infield, ya lollygag down to 1st, ya lollygag in and out of the dugout...ya know what that makes you?...LARRRY!!?......... .LOLLYGAGGERS!! lollygagers... -Bull Durham

  6. #6
    Baluchitherium mistere's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.31.02
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    5,364
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

    Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

    07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    When you show at the meeting to walk the Hall of Shame getting pelted with cassettes of VH III.

  7. #7
    Atomic Punk Menlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.02.04
    Age
    47
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    11,654
    Favorite VH Album

    VH II
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

    06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Likes
    5
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    When you stop starting threads in the wrong forum.

  8. #8
    Hot For Teacher BOSOXRULE's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.03.07
    Posts
    280
    Last Online

    04.27.08 @ 12:41 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Menlow View Post
    When you stop starting threads in the wrong forum.
    Ya! What forum does this belong in then? Maybe newbies should have thier own forum until they get the hang of it.
    Ya lollygag around around the infield, ya lollygag down to 1st, ya lollygag in and out of the dugout...ya know what that makes you?...LARRRY!!?......... .LOLLYGAGGERS!! lollygagers... -Bull Durham

  9. #9
    Atomic Punk Menlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.02.04
    Age
    47
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    11,654
    Favorite VH Album

    VH II
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

    06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Likes
    5
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOSOXRULE View Post
    Ya! What forum does this belong in then? Maybe newbies should have thier own forum until they get the hang of it.
    Try "Feedback and Questions"

    I'll let it slide though cause you like the Sox.

  10. #10
    Atomic Punk LLFHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.04
    Location
    Secret Witness Protection Location
    Posts
    31,731
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

    Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

    07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Likes
    34
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOSOXRULE View Post
    No quoting of Breakfast Club here dude!!!!, although that is just a request since im a newbie
    Don't mess with the bull, young man. You'll get the horns.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

    [sigpic][/sigpic]


    Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

  11. #11
    On Fire TAMPA VH's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.18.07
    Age
    51
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    331
    Favorite VH Album

    VH2
    Favorite VH Song

    OUTA LOVE
    Last Online

    09.09.11 @ 02:13 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOSOXRULE View Post
    Just wondering, dont know who makes the official call here. I have seen some post recently, myself included, that are quickly shot down or threads moved due to wrong area that are commented on by posters who have been here awhile. They ususally are comments to the newbie like "darn newbie", "we should have number of posts quota for newbies to start threads" and "newbie doesnt know anything since he is new" I was just wondering when I get my "I've posted the allowable number of times to get some respect around here card"...Thank you from the Newbie.
    That newbie shit is exactly that.... SHIT! Who fucking cares how many times someone has posted or been a member? I have been reading here since the very beginning and only felt inclined to start posting when the tour looked like it was a go. Do i post shit in the wrong place sometimes? Yes. But i know as much about this band as the next guy. I have seen them live on every single tour since VH2. I wouldn't sweat the "newbie" bullshit bro, it is just the way some people like to make themselves feel important. If you "officially" signed up in 2007 you must not have anything compelling to say, i guess.

  12. #12
    Forum Frontman Double Down's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.10.05
    Age
    49
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    17,911
    Favorite VH Album

    ('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

    11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Likes
    538
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TAMPA VH View Post
    I have been reading here since the very beginning and only felt inclined to start posting when the tour looked like it was a go.
    I've never understood that. It takes 2 seconds to create a username....why not do it if you're gonna visit the site anyways?

    Not that I really care, but you must read shit that pisses you off or that agree with, so how do you keep from chiming in?
    .
    .
    .
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

  13. #13
    Hot For Teacher BOSOXRULE's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.03.07
    Posts
    280
    Last Online

    04.27.08 @ 12:41 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TAMPA VH View Post
    That newbie shit is exactly that.... SHIT! Who fucking cares how many times someone has posted or been a member? I have been reading here since the very beginning and only felt inclined to start posting when the tour looked like it was a go. Do i post shit in the wrong place sometimes? Yes. But i know as much about this band as the next guy. I have seen them live on every single tour since VH2. I wouldn't sweat the "newbie" bullshit bro, it is just the way some people like to make themselves feel important. If you "officially" signed up in 2007 you must not have anything compelling to say, i guess.
    Actually i have been reading this site since it started, but like you, only felt compelled to register due to a new CVH tour. I think the newbie stuff is actually quite funny. Just trying to start some crap w/post and watch all the older people on this site start laying down the law about what I should or should not be posting. They are pretty entertaining, which is what the site is about.
    Ya lollygag around around the infield, ya lollygag down to 1st, ya lollygag in and out of the dugout...ya know what that makes you?...LARRRY!!?......... .LOLLYGAGGERS!! lollygagers... -Bull Durham

  14. #14
    Hot For Teacher BOSOXRULE's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.03.07
    Posts
    280
    Last Online

    04.27.08 @ 12:41 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Ya, know Brett, something I have always wondered. What made ya start the site and what was the first thread started? Just a newbie asking questions to better educate myself as the long and honored history if this site.
    Ya lollygag around around the infield, ya lollygag down to 1st, ya lollygag in and out of the dugout...ya know what that makes you?...LARRRY!!?......... .LOLLYGAGGERS!! lollygagers... -Bull Durham

  15. #15
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    49
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    22,946
    Last Online

    12.18.17 @ 04:35 AM
    Likes
    846
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Menlow View Post
    When you stop starting threads in the wrong forum.
    So fucking true...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Status
    By DohertyElliot in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 02.09.07, 06:04 PM
  2. TRADEMARK STATUS ON E.L.V.H.,INC.
    By NODDABANDALIFESTYLE in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03.14.02, 01:17 PM
  3. My status this weekend
    By Brett in forum VHL Forum Announcements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05.20.01, 04:11 PM
  4. Yngwie-guitar status
    By Edward Van Halen in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04.11.01, 08:35 AM
  5. Member Status?
    By Dan Halen in forum VHLinks Feedback & Troubleshooting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03.21.01, 09:21 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •