Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 06:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Default help transfering boot from cassette

i just found a boot of vh live at wembly staduim on 24th june 1995 while supporting bon jovi. it was stashed away with a bunch of other old cassette tapes.
    i really wanna transfer the tunes to my pc but have no idea how i do it.

can i just run a lead from my stereo output straight into my soundcard and record it that way or do i need some kind of usb device and software??

the sound quality is superb with very little tape hiss and no wobble, if i remember i bought a new tape esspecially to record this concert from the radio. i would love to share it with u guys that haven't heard it.

any help would be greatly appreciated

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

02.20.12 @ 12:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What you need is commonly referred to as a y-cable. A cable that has two rca inputs, one left and one right, to a standard 1/8" plug, the kind you'd find on a pair of headphones. You should find this cable at your local Radio Shack for $5 or $6. You connect the 1/8" plug end to the line-in on your soundcard and the rca end to the left and right outputs on your tape deck. You'll then need some kind of software capable of recording sound. Try searching and you should find something free that should do the job. Hope this helps!