Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 26 123411 ... LastLast
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.24.11 @ 01:21 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Official 5 Star Thread. Everything 5 Star Goes Here!! AND 4 STAR!!!!

I'm starting to regret not buying the 5 star VIP tickets for this historic event. I didn't know they would sell out so fast.
    So I'm curious to know if other people think it would be worth it.

Also, I'd like to know if anyone has any idea how to still get your hands on one.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

01.10.17 @ 01:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In my opinion, after doing 5-star in 2004, no soundcheck = waste of money. The food/drink is so-so, the backstage tour is nothing too earthshattering, it was all about the 40 minute 'mini-concert' for 100 or so people. THAT was worth a lot.

Eruption
    Last Online

07.05.12 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DLRoth View Post
    I'm starting to regret not buying the 5 star VIP tickets for this historic event. I didn't know they would sell out so fast.

Also, I'd like to know if anyone has any idea how to still get your hands on one.
    Are you nuts? Get down on your knees and thank yourself.

The packages are a ripoff. Start calling brokers, looking on stubhub and ebay. You REALLY don't think you will be able to get as good or better seats for $700?! You don't need ILAA to get a great seat. And you'll actually KNOW what seat you are getting!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.24.11 @ 01:21 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, I probably shouldn't be complaining. I got pretty damn good seats actually-3 sections from the stage, 15 rows up- for about $140 total.
    But I'm the kind of person that always thinks I'm missing out on something. The 5 star was only $500 at Greensboro- so that's really only $360 more than I paid already.
    I appreciate your feedback though- it's making me feel like I made the right choice. Usually when expectations are lower, I have a better time!
    Now hopefully those people who forked over the $$$ will have a crap ass time! (joking)

Eruption
    Last Online

07.05.12 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, I probably shouldn't be complaining. I got pretty damn good seats actually-3 sections from the stage, 15 rows up- for about $140 total.
    But I'm the kind of person that always thinks I'm missing out on something. The 5 star was only $500 at Greensboro- so that's really only $360 more than I paid already.
    I appreciate your feedback though- it's making me feel like I made the right choice. Usually when expectations are lower, I have a better time!
    Now hopefully those people who forked over the $$$ will have a crap ass time! (joking)
    Listen to me man, if you are willing to pay $500 a ticket you will be able to get AWESOME seats without fucking with ILAA. Just wait a week or so and see what shakes out. You got great seats off TM and you'll always be able to sell them here or ebay for face if you can upgrade.

Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

11.12.08 @ 05:39 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

WASTE OF FUCKING MONEY
    Based on 2004, if it wasn't for Sam and Mike I would have been pissed!
    EVH AND AVH were non-existent most of the time.

With some good seats in front and to the side of Ed's side of the stage, I did a hell of a lot better at the broker than 4 star even, I think.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 180 Times in 57 Posts

If your a big fan and can afford to kiss the money goodbye to see you favorite band and all it's worth it. I don't regret buying them! I'm excited and don't care who says different. No matter what you find happiness in here some trolls will come along to poo poo it. If you can do it VIP 5 are the best seats in the house!

Last Online

12.16.17 @ 07:36 PM
    Liked 1,944 Times in 787 Posts

Premium Member

Yeah, without a chance to attend soundcheck as part of the ILAA package, I couldn't see myself spending $600+ on this package. I did the 5* in 04, which was definitely worth the money I paid, especially since I was standing right in front of Ed during the 4-5 songs they played during soundcheck.

Eruption
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 06:05 PM
    Liked 172 Times in 106 Posts

Wait until Sept. 28th, then ask this question.

Last Online

08.14.17 @ 06:52 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I went with a 5 start strictly to guarantee the best seats available.

Last Online

05.01.12 @ 10:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crazy levi View Post
    Listen to me man, if you are willing to pay $500 a ticket you will be able to get AWESOME seats without fucking with ILAA. Just wait a week or so and see what shakes out. You got great seats off TM and you'll always be able to sell them here or ebay for face if you can upgrade.
    Look, if we are to have an "official 5*" thread...i mean, lets just let those who got those tickets (or thinking of getting them) post here and enjoy... no need to piss on everybody because of your personal preference... maybe some of us dont care about a sound check... maybe some people just want to have this very limited chance of a guarnateed seat within the 1st 20 rows... no hassle of trying to located the best deal from some scalper or broker..or hassle of trying to decide when to click "buy" from Ticketmast the moment they go on sale, wondering if they will be the best seats or not... its one's choice to get the 5* or 4* - they are offered, and if someone wants them, let them..no need to rag on them, or bring up crap about it... its soooo tiring of hearing about this whining going on about it... if I could have 5* I would... and some of us just want to chat about it and enjoy it... so if you dont like it...just dont post in this thread...

So anyway...Congrats to those that got the 5* or 4* and I hope you have a hell of a time! I'm seeing tickets online saying "inside ramp" for like $1700+ per ticket! lol - so is ILAA a good deal? I think so... and soundcheck? come on...are you there to see the concert in the moment with the fans going crazy and the sweat pouring off everyone, or are you just interested to see them play some songs half assed to test their equipment? really now...

I think 5* is going to be the best experience with lots of suprises...
    Yes

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I did a 4 star in 2004......I do remember the majority of folks around me who had equal or better seats for $75 less.....I felt like a bit of a loser with that stupid lanyard thingy....announcing to the world that I paid more for the same seat....

I'm gonna nose bleed this sucker....I've done so many club shows in the past 3 years, unless I'm sittin' on the stage and talkin' to the band after the show, it's not close enough.

I just attended a show Friday night.....30 people...$5 a person.....had a great time....I respect the artist so much, I felt bad eating my burger and wings in front of him as he arrived to the show after an 11 hour trip from Canada.
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some
    Last Online

07.21.16 @ 10:36 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by wailin' View Post
    In my opinion, after doing 5-star in 2004, no soundcheck = waste of money. The food/drink is so-so, the backstage tour is nothing too earthshattering, it was all about the 40 minute 'mini-concert' for 100 or so people. THAT was worth a lot.
    I agree, I went on the 2004 5 star and loved it. But without the Soundcheck and the big increase in the pricing, no. The soundcheck was a unique experience. The bstage tour was interesting but not great (in our rounds we did see the opening act doing thier soundcheck as well), and other than Wolfie almost running over my daughter on the scooter it was just so so. I hope the 5 stars get more than they expect, but if not .. sorry! The front row is nice though but 700??

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Cryin
    Last Online

03.07.12 @ 07:12 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm just curious, is the sound better when you are that close to the stage? Wouldn't it be much better quality like 40-50 rows out?

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

Don't feel bad brotha...like others have said...No Soundcheck = Not Worth 650 US Dollars....VH didn't even have to play a show last time because the soundcheck made everybody forget about the show....the live show was justa bonus....the people that got the 5 Stars last time got a rare experience that very few rock fans period have gotten to experience....this time around your paying 650 bucks for a close seat...that's it...Would i be excited if I got one...YEAH...but I wouldn't pay 650 for one....just my opinion....
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel