Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 5150
    Last Online

10.20.14 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No warning about added shows/tickets

So while I was trying to get tickets for the Oct. 1st show in Philly unsuccessfully, I found out that the show was sold out and that another date in Philly was going to be added later on. So I figured OK, I'll just check back later to see what the new Philly date will be and what day tickets will go on sale for that show.

So, I checked back here about 2 hours later to see how everybody was doing with their tickets only to find out that the second date for the Philly show was added already and tickets were on sale RIGHT NOW. Well holy shit, how is anybody even supposed to know that unless they're sitting in front of the fucking computer all morning?! As a result, I got stuck with sub par seats. That's totally not fair. Why couldn't they have announced the extra show for Philly tomorrow and had the tickets for that show go on sale a few days later, so it would actually give people some fucking time to prepare?! It's like you can't even leave your computer to go take a shit or get a bite to eat, because they might add another show and have the tickets go on sale right then and there. I NEED MORE TIME THEN THAT TO PREPARE!!!

End of rant.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner's Swing!/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.13.16 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 15 Posts

I totally agree, don't worry. No second date for Detroit yet but I saw that on Ticketmaster and I thought it was very stupid of them.

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:15 PM
    Liked 160 Times in 83 Posts

If you don't get good seats, try to get them from a scalper. Don't settle for sub par seats. You've been waiting for this for 22 years.
    Right here I say....

Last Online

12.30.14 @ 10:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It is just like 1984 all over again. I remember standing in line to get tickets for the 1984 show in Kansas City and everyone was saying that it was going to sell out before we even got to the register. (Back in the days of camping out for tickets!).

We ended up getting limited view tickets for the show and then in the car on the way home, we heard them announce the second show. We u-turned it and went back to the ticket outlet but they told us that they were just going to continue selling tickets to the people who were still in line.

So bottom line is that people who were behind us in line got kick-ass seats for the second show while we settled for our limited view seats to the first show.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by right-here-i-say View Post
    If you don't get good seats, try to get them from a scalper. Don't settle for sub par seats. You've been waiting for this for 22 years.
    Well, I should clarify this. They're not exactly "sub par" seats. They're on the floor, but still not as close as I'd like to be. I have very high standards for where I sit. And if I got tickets from a scalper, I'd be paying $500 per ticket, and who has the cash for that?

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 179 Times in 57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cam-5150 View Post
    So while I was trying to get tickets for the Oct. 1st show in Philly unsuccessfully, I found out that the show was sold out and that another date in Philly was going to be added later on. So I figured OK, I'll just check back later to see what the new Philly date will be and what day tickets will go on sale for that show.

So, I checked back here about 2 hours later to see how everybody was doing with their tickets only to find out that the second date for the Philly show was added already and tickets were on sale RIGHT NOW. Well holy shit, how is anybody even supposed to know that unless they're sitting in front of the fucking computer all morning?! As a result, I got stuck with sub par seats. That's totally not fair. Why couldn't they have announced the extra show for Philly tomorrow and had the tickets for that show go on sale a few days later, so it would actually give people some fucking time to prepare?! It's like you can't even leave your computer to go take a shit or get a bite to eat, because they might add another show and have the tickets go on sale right then and there. I NEED MORE TIME THEN THAT TO PREPARE!!!

End of rant.

Thats a bummer you couldn't be on sooner when they went on sale but at least you have tix to start. You could always look around for better and then sell yours or something. It's not like you are stuck with those but I understand your frustration being blindsided.

On a good note how cool is it to see Philly embracing VH so and a second show added already? Van Halen was always good to Philly since back in the day. Good to have VAN HALEN back after all these years.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Checking out all this ticket shit recently has me realizing how much the process has just changed in the last couple of years. I certainly didn't care for the Ticketmaster monopoly, but you didn't have to be an investigator to know how, when, and where to get decent tickets for a decent price. Minneapolis hasn't gone on sale yet, but I fear for the day they do.

Eruption
    Last Online

10.26.17 @ 05:29 PM
    Liked 172 Times in 106 Posts

I've decided I'm going to put link to the Ticketbastard Van Halen page in my favorites and check it every hour on the hour just in case they suddenly go on sale.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street...all the rest.
    Last Online

04.02.12 @ 11:32 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, I should clarify this. They're not exactly "sub par" seats. They're on the floor, but still not as close as I'd like to be. I have very high standards for where I sit. And if I got tickets from a scalper, I'd be paying $500 per ticket, and who has the cash for that?
    Cam ,
    Where are your seats ?

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

01.25.09 @ 07:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

they always do this when shows sell out
    "I'm late to everything. I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half hour late and says on the side, like in gold, 'Sorry I'm Late'." - Axl Rose

Can You Feel It, See It, Hear It Today
    If You Can't, Then It Doesn't Matter Anyway

Last Online

04.24.08 @ 09:38 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

When The Police reported immediate sell-outs of all shows I was P.O.'d cause I missed out but the ticket brokers had tons of seats up to and including day of the concert for face value and sometimes even less ... I think cities with 2 shows especially might find the same thing.

Jim

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    Cam ,
    Where are your seats ?
    Section 9 Row 10

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.08.16 @ 12:17 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Also keep in mind that they will release some tickets before the show. Just keep checking the site.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street...all the rest.
    Last Online

04.02.12 @ 11:32 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Section 9 Row 10
    As of right now I have the same section and row seats 9-10
    First show right ?

Favorite VH Album