Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 965 Times in 386 Posts

Default ticket buying experiences/ideas

slightly past noon here on the west coast and it looks like floor seats at the shows on sale are gone already!

fuckin a!

how has everyone been doing in their ticket hunts? anyone still use themultiple browser setup on TM?

looks like these puppies r flyin out!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 285 Times in 146 Posts

I was online with two browsers up at 10:00 for the Charlotte show, and got the $75 lower level's that I was looking for and had confirmation by 10:04, so I was happy...well except the $13 per ticket service charge.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:57 AM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

1-don't refresh your browser until about a minute before the sale starts

2-buy tix 2 at a time
    Eat Us and Smile!

Eruption
    Last Online

07.05.12 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    slightly past noon here on the west coast and it looks like floor seats at the shows on sale are gone already!

fuckin a!

how has everyone been doing in their ticket hunts? anyone still use themultiple browser setup on TM?

looks like these puppies r flyin out!
    I don't mess with the multiple windows - what's the point? You are basically competing against yourself, and it's a pain in the ass to keep all that shit straight at once.

There's no point in freaking out about tix. I just go online and do my best. Was able to get decent seats for Charlotte (115) and Philly 2 (floor 4). Also, in Charlotte, I threw back several pairs of crappy uppers before the good ones came up.

But no need to stress...with prices already fairly high, tickets on ebay, stubhub and Craigslist always offer a chance to get the seats you want. 20 minutes after the sales started, Philly floor seats were on ebay for $400 a pair.

That's only $70 total over face/fees - so who did better, the schmo who bought seats in the nosebleeds or someone who waited 20 minutes, paid a SMALL premium, and got middle floor seats?

Patience everyone...it's not 1981 anymore. With so many ticket outlets and aftermarket possibilities, it just doesn't make sense to grab crappy seats off of TM anymore unless you simply can't live without a backup.

Rating the aftermarkets!

1. Ebay - I have to say ebay is my preferred aftermarket. It is generally very safe. Most of the "broker" types have excellent feedback records etc. Paypal offers you protection if you get screwed. I've bought about 10 sets of tix on ebay the last couple years and never had any issues. Even ametur sellers, you can check their feedback too. Usually has a large selection of tickets.

2. Craigslist - CL is great for last minute tickets. Especially people who leave their phone #s. Got a BEAUTIFUL last minute ticket to the police in NYC a couple weeks ago, right next to the stage, for $75 under face. Only issue - CL is usually cash and carry central which might make some nervous. You just have to go with the vibe you get from the seller, authenticity of the tix, etc. You can also arrange to pay with paypal if you want and the seller is ok with it. CL isn't too good for advance tix - it's all ametuers (not brokers) who think their tickets are gold. They don't start to get cheap on CL untill the show is approaching and people's friends bail etc and sellers start to realize they'd better get rid of this ticket soon or it will be a worthless piece of paper.

3. Stubhub- Stubhub offers great selection and security but it is my absolute LEAST favorite place to buy tix. In while I quite often browse to get an idea of the market, and have almost pulled the trigger a couple times, I've NEVER bought off stubhub. The main problem with stubhub is they charge buyers AND sellers a hefty premium, something around 15-20%. That is alot of money. And since it isn't just the buyers who pay a premium, the sellers need to inflate their prices to cover the fee they are going to have to fork out to Stubhub.

3. Tied for third for me has to be going to the venue and hanging around outside. I simply don't favor this option, as I really like to have my ticket when I show up and not have to worry about it. More scam possibilities here too, counterfiet tickets, overzeaouls cops looking to fuck wit people etc. I HAVE done it before, and actually gotten some bargain seats right before a show, but I really only would do it for a show that I know has a very soft market (usually big stadium shows) or one at Madison Square Garden or another NYC venue that I really can live without seeing. Worst case, I miss the show and just walk back home!

the hub always has the highest prices by far and I simply not a fan.

Another couple notes - "presales/fan club" tickets are ALWAYS a scam, ripoff, steaming pile of crap etc. At worst you pay a fee for these "priviliges" or at best have to sign up for some credit card you don't want.

The "presale" tickets are never HORRIBLE, but they are never that hot either. They are basically rear arena seats that they are looking to unload before the sale - they'll ALWAYS be able to sell the good seats, so why sell them at "presales?" They sell these mediocre-fair seats before show exclusively. DON'T BOTHER they are a waste of time.

THese ILAA scams are a close relative, but at least you get a GOOD/GREAT seat for your substantial amount of money. Still I think they are a total ripoff, you'll always do as well or better on ebay or the aftermarket for the money.

Good luck everyone!