Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.23.17 @ 12:14 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 13 Posts

Donor

Now that you have your tickets....

...are you fired up, excited, etc. to see this show? Even after reading a lot of the negative opinions around here (which is okay - you know what they say about opinions.. ) I'm excited and looking forward to having a good time - even if it is on a Tuesday night .

Orange whip?

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

01.14.12 @ 12:30 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm fired up...this tour sounds like it's gonna go through although I did get some negative comments from a few people, even Ticketmaster employees commenting about Ed's alcohol problem and Wolfie on bass. I'm just wondering how I can squeeze in a beer run during the set and a few trips to the head.

One negative comment, I was charged the equivalent of a floor ticket for an upper bowl ticket at the Allstate Arena (needless to say the section is right next to the stage and 4 rows from the balcony) but it seems as though sections, rows, and whatever else are priced differently based on location. I don't know if they're doing this anywhere else, but I about had a coronary when I saw my receipt for $300something instead of $100something, but I still bought the tickets

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner's Swing!/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.13.16 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 15 Posts

I'm ready, I've got PANAMA blasting right now.

Last Online

09.10.11 @ 05:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyb82 View Post
    I'm fired up...this tour sounds like it's gonna go through although I did get some negative comments from a few people, even Ticketmaster employees commenting about Ed's alcohol problem and Wolfie on bass. I'm just wondering how I can squeeze in a beer run during the set and a few trips to the head.

One negative comment, I was charged the equivalent of a floor ticket for an upper bowl ticket at the Allstate Arena (needless to say the section is right next to the stage and 4 rows from the balcony) but it seems as though sections, rows, and whatever else are priced differently based on location. I don't know if they're doing this anywhere else, but I about had a coronary when I saw my receipt for $300something instead of $100something, but I still bought the tickets

Agreed. I'm paying 89.50 per seat for the upper bowl in Toronto, ON. My brother is paying 79.50 for lower bowl in Auburn Hills, MI. How does that make sense? I realize we are dealing with different currencies, but the Canadian dollar is somewhat near being on par with the American dollar right now.

I guess my seat location and refusal to pay $160 per seat in a lower bowl indicates how excited I am (I have upper bowl seats)...I want to check out the show and see how Ed and Dave work together, but I'm not expecting this to be 1984 or anything of the sort.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.09.07 @ 06:47 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Super fired up! I went to see them in 2004 in Boston and never thought I'd EVER see them with Dave. Not looking forward to flying, but it's worth it!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Halen View Post
    Agreed. I'm paying 89.50 per seat for the upper bowl in Toronto, ON. My brother is paying 79.50 for lower bowl in Auburn Hills, MI. How does that make sense? I realize we are dealing with different currencies, but the Canadian dollar is somewhat near being on par with the American dollar right now.

I guess my seat location and refusal to pay $160 per seat in a lower bowl indicates how excited I am (I have upper bowl seats)...I want to check out the show and see how Ed and Dave work together, but I'm not expecting this to be 1984 or anything of the sort.

It appears the pricing has EVERYTHING to do with which row you're sitting in. It doesn't appear to matter which section. Your ticket is likely toward the front of the upper bowl section and your brother is probably toward the back of the lower bowl section.

For example, I'm in section 114 row O and paid $79.99 and somebody else on these boards got the next section over from me but ONE row closer (N) and he paid $149.99 for his tickets. I am 4 rows from the back and he's 5. Mind you we are opposite the stage on the lower level - so one row's difference that far away doesn't warrant $70 more. Pretty nuts if you ask me.
    Orange whip?

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:58 PM
    Liked 1,331 Times in 801 Posts

Now that you have your tickets in hand. . . .

For those of us that don't have any tickets, or haven't had their cities announced yet.....

Would please scan a nice phtot of them....

Just seeing your tickets can give Hope.

~~8 U.S.C. 1182(f)~~

Last Online

03.12.08 @ 08:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am totally fired up today!!!! just printed off my tickets and will be looking forward to seeing them in Philly

Eruption
    Last Online

07.05.12 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Halen View Post

Unless you are really on a budget, I think you made a mistake my man. The farther away from the stage you are, the higher the possibility you'll have a shitty time, period. The farther you are, the worse the view is. The farther you are, the quieter it is, and naturally, the less "into it" the crowd is due to the fact that most are basically watching TV (the video screens).

The closer you are the LOUDER it is and the more into it the crowd is. That's important because the crowd near you is less likely to be having a cell phone converstation, or talking to their girlfriend about the trip next weekend etc...and since it's LOUDER the less likely you are to be distracted by that kind of shit if it's going on.

Just my opinion, but unless it's the Stones who want $500 for the best seats, I simply don't understand cheaping out on these shows, you'll regret it. $149 is a VERY reasonable top ticket price in this day and age especially for a big reunion show.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by crazy levi View Post
    Unless you are really on a budget, I think you made a mistake my man. The farther away from the stage you are, the higher the possibility you'll have a shitty time, period. The farther you are, the worse the view is. The farther you are, the quieter it is, and naturally, the less "into it" the crowd is due to the fact that most are basically watching TV (the video screens).

The closer you are the LOUDER it is and the more into it the crowd is. That's important because the crowd near you is less likely to be having a cell phone converstation, or talking to their girlfriend about the trip next weekend etc...and since it's LOUDER the less likely you are to be distracted by that kind of shit if it's going on.

Just my opinion, but unless it's the Stones who want $500 for the best seats, I simply don't understand cheaping out on these shows, you'll regret it. $149 is a VERY reasonable top ticket price in this day and age especially for a big reunion show.
    It's all about VALUE and I don't think there's enough value in the ticket or the experience to justify $150 for it. I don't care where the seat is. This is coming from a LONGTIME VH fan. Ticket prices have gotten WAY out of hand.
    Orange whip?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love & Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.07 @ 01:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i paid $265 for lower bowl a little off the side of the stage,,row C. Im taking my son!! I am ready to go now,even though i have to sait til oct. 22nd. On a monday no less. Ive waited 23 years for this,so its worth it!!

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 180 Times in 57 Posts

I haven't been this excited over VH since 1984! Hell yeah, cant wait and a new DLR/VH CD someday would be another dream come true!

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by vhwithroththereturn View Post
    i paid $265 for lower bowl a little off the side of the stage,,row C. Im taking my son!! I am ready to go now,even though i have to sait til oct. 22nd. On a monday no less. Ive waited 23 years for this,so its worth it!!
    That's awesome!!! My son is only 5 so no hehe but what a treat you are giving your boy! I hope you have the best time man! What a cool thing to be able to share a band that rocked you in the day with your son now.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Donor

My son will be 10 in December. If only he was 5 or 6 yrs older he'd be going .
    Orange whip?

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by edhalen View Post
    My son will be 10 in December. If only he was 5 or 6 yrs older he'd be going .
    Lol your strict! my first VH show I was 13! Well my 5 yo son loves guitar and music but vip tix for him at a loud show is not something that he would enjoy and the trouble would lessen the experience for sure. hehe It's cool though, the idea of handing the torch to your kids and seeing bands with them you loved since a kid yourself. Awesome!
    Last edited by At0micPunk; 08.18.07 at 03:04 PM.