Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

09.30.17 @ 09:32 PM
    Liked 97 Times in 15 Posts

Auburn Hills Official Thread.

After stressing out about tickets, and finding out that the best seats won't be available at all to the general public (in MI, the ticket prices are $59.50, $79.50, and $149.50). Only the $59.50 & $79.50 seats are available, while all the $149.50 seats are reserved for the Citibank/AAdvantage credit card owners. I finally broke down and used StubHub.com.

I have been watching StubHub since Wednesday. And finally, some damn good seats became available at decent prices (relatively speaking).

I got the following seats:

Section 113
    Row "E"
    Exact seat numbers are available right now, but the seats ARE together.

The tickets were $250 each. There are no bullshit Ticketmaster charges. And they even came with VIP parking (which will save me the $20 parking fee the night of the show).

The price was definitely more than I wanted to spend, but much less than the ILoveAllAccess VIP tickets. Furthermore, I figure if I had been lucky enough to get those Premium Seats, I would have dropped around $350 ($300 for two Premium seats and probably at least $50 in Ticketmaster charges). So, this means I paid $150 more, but at least I'm certain I've got some damn good seats. And for this event, I think it actually might be worth it.

Here are my seats:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner's Swing!/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.13.16 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 15 Posts

Right above section 113 is 215, that's where I'm going. I've seen Motley on NYE and the Who in 2006 from that location, it's pretty damn good, side-stage, close, on the rail. Forgot about the higher prices not being offered, looks I'm getting to the Oakland Mall around 9:30 tomorrow.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by The J Man View Post
    Right above section 113 is 215, that's where I'm going. I've seen Motley on NYE and the Who in 2006 from that location, it's pretty damn good, side-stage, close, on the rail. Forgot about the higher prices not being offered, looks I'm getting to the Oakland Mall around 9:30 tomorrow.
    Unless you're paying cash, don't go to the mall. If you don't think you can access the internet tomorrow, then call Ticketmaster directly. But don't call any Ticketmaster offices located in Michigan. All Ticketmaster locations around the country can sell tickets to any event in any state. So call some BFE location (like some place in Idaho or Montana or something) at around 9:55am. There will be no other callers so you'll get right through. And then purchase the tickets from them. Going to the mall to buy tickets is useless unless you're paying with cash.

Regardless, good luck getting tickets. This whole setup has been the worst ticket buying experience I've ever suffered through.

BTW - I live in Royal Oak too.
    And I saw Motley Crue @ the Palace earlier that same year (I believe it was February) and I sat in the exact same section (113). The seats were great. Sure, main floor would have been better if you were in one of the first 3 sections, but section 113 was a pretty nice alternative.
    Last edited by Ineedalogin; 08.17.07 at 09:43 PM.

Last Online

03.12.08 @ 08:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

congrats to ya for getting your tickets....wish me luck in getting mine tomorrow......
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineedalogin View Post
    Unless you're paying cash, don't go to the mall. If you don't think you can access the internet tomorrow, then call Ticketmaster directly. But don't call any Ticketmaster offices located in Michigan. All Ticketmaster locations around the country can sell tickets to any event in any state. So call some BFE location (like some place in Idaho or Montana or something) at around 9:55am. There will be no other callers so you'll get right through. And then purchase the tickets from them. Going to the mall to buy tickets is useless unless you're paying with cash.

Regardless, good luck getting tickets. This whole setup has been the worst ticket buying experience I've ever suffered through.

BTW - I live in Royal Oak too.
    And I saw Motley Crue @ the Palace earlier that same year (I believe it was February) and I sat in the exact same section (113). The seats were great. Sure, main floor would have been better if you were in one of the first 3 sections, but section 113 was a pretty nice alternative.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 02:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just got my tickets through Ticketmaster online - 4 floor seats Section F and 4 seats in section 103 - password for the Citibank Card fiasco turned out to be the 10 digit customer service number on the back of the Citibank/AAdantage card - the email I got from Ticketmaster was wrong! At any rate, I got 2 sets of great seats just by using my plain old Discover card! Enjoy the show!
    Life sucks - get a helmet!

Last Online

10.19.15 @ 11:50 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts

Just paid $326.00 for 2 seats in the next section over!
    I'll pay the $20 for parking, but at least you have piece of mind that you didn't get left out!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Cryin
    Last Online

03.07.12 @ 07:12 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just got mine! I can't believe this shit, diamond dave and the boys at the Palace in the year 2007!!!!! AHHHHH

I'm in section 120 about mid way up...i only went as high as the $79.50 tickets cause I plan to see 3 shows on this tour. Gonna be awesome!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Yeah man, Ticketmaster outlets suck.

Section 201, row 12, seats 19 and 20. Eh, well it's VH.

On Fire
    Last Online

04.25.10 @ 09:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Section 120, row B (bottom tier, directly across from the stage). $79 tickets. It's from the same vantage point where I saw Seger at Joe Louis this year. Great seats for view/sound. I'm really hoping that they put up a show in Grand Rapids at the Van Andel Arena (like in 2004) as that would be better as it's smaller and an easier place to get in/out of from Lansing.

Chris

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love & Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.07 @ 01:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just got my tickets!! Yes, ticketmaster blows!! I was the 6th person line at the store,and all they offered were sec. 220 thru 227 upper level. For all who dont know,those sections are straight back. I went home with0out tickets and went to stubhub and got tickets for section 126 row C. for $238.00 ea. I'm taking my 13 year old son,which is something i told myself i would do before i was ever married or had kids. Just a dream of mine i guess,to share with him,some CVH!! Sadly without Mike,but hell,in concert u wont beable to tell mike is missing too much,as opposed to music on a cd. I'M SOOOOO PUMPED! Listening to "Light up the sky" Blaring it on my bose speakers!! Wooohooo!! Oct. 22nd cant get hear soon enough. All us linkers should meet up somewhere b4 the show. Rock on!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by nast2112 View Post
    Section 120, row B (bottom tier, directly across from the stage). $79 tickets. It's from the same vantage point where I saw Seger at Joe Louis this year. Great seats for view/sound. I'm really hoping that they put up a show in Grand Rapids at the Van Andel Arena (like in 2004) as that would be better as it's smaller and an easier place to get in/out of from Lansing.

Chris
    After I saw the Who there in December, I'll always go to Van Andel Arena for a major act. It's a medium sized venue that looks like a big arena but has an intimate feel to it, and the sound is very good. Worth the two hour drive for me.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.06.14 @ 12:51 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I got Floor seats Sec D.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Ok, now I've got 4 tickets.

I was checking online this morning at Ticketbastard and got two Floor Seats section "E" 5th row.

I'm not keeping both pairs. My question is, which pair should I put up on StubHub. The yellow row is the one's I purchased yesterday on StubHub and paid $250 each for two tickets. The red ones are the ones I purchased today via Ticketmaster and cost me $149.50 each.

Right now, Section 113 (yellow highlight) tickets...the tickets range from $445 to $729 each. If I resell them for $450 each, I'll take in $900. Back out the the $500 I spent yesterday and the $330 I spent today, and I'll being seeing Van Halen for free and actually make a $70 profit.

If I sell the Section "E" floor seats (red highlight) those are going for $225 - $530. So, if I sell them for $225, that will pretty much make up for the cost of the tickets I bought yesterday (Actually, I'll still be in the whole $50 on that purchase). Add the remaining $50 to the $149.50 tickets, and it'll mean I paid $200 per ticket to see Van Halen.

What do you think I should do? Sell the yellow tickets and make a $70 profit, or sell the red tickets and end up paying $200 but having better seats?

Here are the two pairs of seats I have now.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Feel Your Love Tonight
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:28 AM
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Dimoncutr View Post
    I got Floor seats Sec D.
    Hey!! I think last time I saw you was on July 11, 2004, in the Palace parking lot right before the VH concert!! Probably see ya again, I'll be there! Will you have your son there with you as well?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love & Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.07 @ 01:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No 2nd show added yet?