Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Romeo Delight Jack Daniels Wiskey's Avatar
    Last Online

04.20.13 @ 06:12 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Ed STILL doesn't care!

Did anyone else find it odd that at the press conference when the question was approched about MWM/CGTSNM that Ed said "Well we never learned them" and Dave kind of awkwardly laughed it off?

Now, if you were going to get the band back together to play some classics don't you think if you were really serious you may have jammed a bit in the studio or dusted off those two song since last OCTOBER or even considered that you may want to learn them since you were bringing Dave back into the mix?

I may be reading to much into this but it seems they don't have any intentions of doing this for the long hall!

Thoughts?

I still don't trust Howdy Doody, Is he still addressing the fans with bold face lies and talking out both sides? His vibes at that presser didn't have me convinced of the "new brotherhood"
    Last edited by Jack Daniels Wiskey; 08.17.07 at 02:41 PM.
    Wop ba bada shoobie doo wa, ba bada shobbie do wa

Favorite VH Album

Can you actually just pick 1?
    Favorite VH Song

Can you actually just pick 1?
    Last Online

04.21.16 @ 10:55 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

He said they haven't learned them yet, but it was a possibility.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

She's The Woman, Mean Street
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 44 Times in 20 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by drummr View Post

People only hear the parts they want to hear...yeah, Eddie Van Halen is the devil.
    Lode's Facebook
    @Lode13 on Twitter

Last Online

01.26.12 @ 06:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default depends...

It all depends on what you consider "classic." Although they are great songs, the fact that they were included on a Best Of album almost negates that fact.

I'm The One = Classic
    Can't Get This Stuff No More = meh

Just my opinion.
    "There is no racial bigotry here...Each of you is equally worthless!" --Gunnery Sgt. Hartman, Full Metal Jacket

"I'm not a rock star, I'm a musician. And I'll be damned if someone is gonna tell me what comes through me is not what they expected." -Eddie Van Halen

"I tell ya, I've been doing this for about 20 years now, and I still haven't figured out which is the right drumstick and which is the left drumstick." -Alex Van Halen

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:32 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts

They clearly said they've learned the classics - Unchained, Runnin' with the Devil, Hot for Teacher etc..... Personally, as much as i'd like to hear CGTSNM and MWM, they're hardly classics. Funnily enough, I dug out Women and Children First and Diver Down (yeah, I know) today and i'd LOVE to hear Hang 'em High live - what a TUNE !! Hope they break out Heat about it later - that would just make it for me; be nice to hear some of the ones that Sam wouldn't bother with. House of Pain and Girl gone bad would be awesome too !

Anyway, I think you're reading too much into this; they've (so far) simply concentrated on the ones we REALLY want to hear. MWM and CGTSNM might come a few dates down the line.

I'm out like a WWF wrestler !
    Does the noise in my head bother you ?

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

05.17.09 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Lodewijk View Post
    People only hear the parts they want to hear...yeah, Eddie Van Halen is the devil.
    Yep, at least that's what mama says

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

I don't think anyone has said he is the devil. But i do think it is wise to use extreme caution when getting one's hope's up with anything concerning this band.

I can truly dig the fact that Edward is you're guy Lode. He along with Sammy and Ritchie Blackmore were once my guys.But the things that have happened in the past makes some of us long time fans suspicious of anything they say.
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Romeo Delight Jack Daniels Wiskey's Avatar
    Last Online

04.20.13 @ 06:12 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

no he's just Runnin' with Devil .........anyway I know those two songs are not played all over classic rock stations...I just found it a little odd that he never considered those songs "at all" not already knowing how to play them and all but I never was a musician so I don't know how hard that would be to recall those licks from the (sauced) up memory bank.

He just seemed "too cautious" and came across that way while addressing the press (or his friends). It all seemed forced.
    Wop ba bada shoobie doo wa, ba bada shobbie do wa

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels Wiskey View Post
    Did anyone else find it odd that at the press conference when the question was approched about MWM/CGTSNM that Ed said "Well we never learned them" and Dave kind of awkwardly laughed it off?

Now, if you were going to get the band back together to play some classics don't you think if you were really serious you may have jammed a bit in the studio or dusted off those two song since last OCTOBER or even considered that you may want to learn them since you were bringing Dave back into the mix?

I may be reading to much into this but it seems they don't have any intentions of doing this for the long hall!

Thoughts?

I still don't trust Howdy Doody, Is he still addressing the fans with bold face lies and talking out both sides? His vibes at that presser didn't have me convinced of the "new brotherhood"
    A lot of criticisms toward Ed are valid, but this one is pretty far off base.

They're practicing and rehearsing the songs from the CVH era six pack that the fans have been dying to hear for 20 years.

To say that Ed doesn't care because they aren't planning on playing a couple of throw in tracks from a greatest hits album, both of which have long been forgotten by all but diehards, is absurd.

If Ed reforms Van Halen with Sammy in 5 years, if they don't work on "It's About Time",will he not care , or will he just be too busy relearning the songs he feels people want to hear?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner's Swing!/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.13.16 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 15 Posts

Excellent point.

Also, I love your signature...I also love when people call "Romeo Delight" Romeo's Delight. wtf.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

She's The Woman, Mean Street
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 44 Times in 20 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by hagarfn View Post
    I don't think anyone has said he is the devil. But i do think it is wise to use extreme caution when getting one's hope's up with anything concerning this band.

I can truly dig the fact that Edward is you're guy Lode. He along with Sammy and Ritchie Blackmore were once my guys.But the things that have happened in the past makes some of us long time fans suspicious of anything they say.
    I'd just like to know what everyone expects him to say ? My playing is the worst it's ever been, and Dave and I stiil don't really get along, and we're just in it for the cash......

It was a press conference announcing a major tour, they're trying to sell some tickets, what does everyone really expect him to say?

I'd love to go back and dig up some of the things I've said in the past and gauge them with where I am today....shit changes, people change, circumstances change.....it's like that for every human being, guitar god or not.
    Lode's Facebook
    @Lode13 on Twitter

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 06:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drummr View Post
    That was the quote. I love those two songs, too, but I don't think the fact that they haven't been rehearsing them means anything. Even though they're the last released songs they recorded with Dave, that was 11 years ago. Since they're going back to the older catalogue, I can see them overlooking these, since the songs from the six-pack are more familiar to their audience.
    DEAD OR ALIVE!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy
    Last Online

07.19.15 @ 07:28 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts

To me classics would be songs they haven't played in a long time together like RWTD or Im the One. MWM is a cool song but i don't think it will fit on this tour.
    IMHO.
    LONG LIVE VH... DESTROY HATERS!!!! MODE ON

Eruption
    Last Online

07.14.10 @ 09:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Menlow View Post
    A lot of criticisms toward Ed are valid, but this one is pretty far off base.

They're practicing and rehearsing the songs from the CVH era six pack that the fans have been dying to hear for 20 years.
    I agree. I'd like to hear MWM live, but I'd much rather hear the old classics. I've criticized Ed's behavior a lot since 2004, but this is ridiculous.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Anything Ed plays on
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

08.19.10 @ 08:10 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

I'd just like to know what everyone expects him to say ? My playing is the worst it's ever been, and Dave and I stiil don't really get along, and we're just in it for the cash......

It was a press conference announcing a major tour, they're trying to sell some tickets, what does everyone really expect him to say?

I'd love to go back and dig up some of the things I've said in the past and gauge them with where I am today....shit changes, people change, circumstances change.....it's like that for every human being, guitar god or not.

Absolutely!