Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin With The Devil, I guess
    Last Online

09.28.07 @ 08:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Hi. New here; what album to buy next?

Hi everyone,

I've been a VH fan for a few years now and I think my love for them began in 2003. I've seen them once in 2004 and I think I may see them again since they are back with David. I'm not happy with Michael Anthony's firing because it was pretty uncalled for. Wolfgang is only a few months older than me! I own 6 Van Halen albums. They are:

Van Halen
    Van Halen II
    Women And Children First (I got this used and it isn't the remaster. Should I get it again?)
    Diver Down
    OU812
    All on CD

I have VH, WACF, Fair Warning, and 5150 on cassette but only really listened to 5150.

If anybody has any suggestions of what I should get next, please do. I do plan to get all their albums.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

you should get all the live material you can get your hands on
    Eat Us and Smile!

Sinner's Swing! the_atomic_punks_rule's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

12.20.16 @ 03:09 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jethrofinger View Post
    Hi everyone,

I've been a VH fan for a few years now and I think my love for them began in 2003. I've seen them once in 2004 and I think I may see them again since they are back with David. I'm not happy with Michael Anthony's firing because it was pretty uncalled for. Wolfgang is only a few months older than me! I own 6 Van Halen albums. They are:

Van Halen
    Van Halen II
    Women And Children First (I got this used and it isn't the remaster. Should I get it again?)
    Diver Down
    OU812
    All on CD

I have VH, WACF, Fair Warning, and 5150 on cassette but only really listened to 5150.

If anybody has any suggestions of what I should get next, please do. I do plan to get all their albums.
    Dude.

Stop what your doing and go to your local Walmart that is 24 hours a day... You know the one just off the highway on Walmart Ave in the Walmart district, not the Walmart on the left side of the road, but the second one on the right... and get yourself Fair Warning and listen to it til Monday...Then report back in.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by the_atomic_punks_rule View Post
    Dude.

Stop what your doing and go to your local Walmart that is 24 hours a day... You know the one just off the highway on Walmart Ave in the Walmart district, not the Walmart on the left side of the road, but the second one on the right... and get yourself Fair Warning and listen to it til Monday...Then report back in.
    WWJD. In some places it means What Would Jesus Do. In this case it means, What Would Jethrofinger Do. What he should do is, follow the atomic punks rule advice. Don't stop at the fishing gear, just go the music section and get Fair warning. The truth is the truth. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:14 PM
    Liked 2,284 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the_atomic_punks_rule View Post
    Dude.

LMAO!!

I love this reply because it is SO TRUE.

If you haven't digested "Fair Warning"... you are in for a treat better than sex with the head cheerleader... but remember, listen to it about 20 times... and use headphones if you have them.

Your life will never be the same...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, Balance, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Beats Workin'
    Last Online

04.19.12 @ 02:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi everyone,

Van Halen
    Van Halen II
    Diver Down
    OU812
    All on CD

Somebody said fair warning (no pun intended), and thats the best advice ever. But, try and grab a copy of Balance while you're at it.
    "VH is like the chick who you haven't seen in a while... There were ups and downs, disappointments abound, but fucked ya so good. She calls ya and wants you to come over... You're not gonna remember the bad, you're gonna head over for a piece of ass... BUT, you're not goin' over there to get back together again for the longterm 'cause ya know it ain't gonna last forever!!!" -fast98dodge

~~~MY VH SHOWS~~~

Verizon Center-Washington DC 3/28/12

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Blood & Fire
    Last Online

03.13.13 @ 09:54 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

just listen to fair warning for god's sake. it'll take a few rounds but let us know when you start feelin it. you may be too young for such a thing. no offense.

you're existence is crucial to the future of rock n roll. I can't imagine someone your age surviving the sad sounds of today and then discovering the mighty Van Halen. Welcome.
    Last edited by vistadelrey; 08.16.07 at 09:10 PM.
    If eddie were down and out on a sidewalk playing guitar I'd be next to him with a bottle and a blanky braving the cold. I would be sucking my thumb happily making chupa chupa noises in sync with the petroglyphic sounds that came from the mighty finger tips of Edward Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance, ADKOFT
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight, As Is
    Last Online

03.30.15 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hi everyone,

Van Halen
    Van Halen II
    Diver Down
    OU812
    All on CD

Welcome.

Dont bother with the remaster. I'd get Balance next if I where you! Again, welcome!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, Balance, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Beats Workin'
    Last Online

04.19.12 @ 02:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

By the way, welcome to the links
    "VH is like the chick who you haven't seen in a while... There were ups and downs, disappointments abound, but fucked ya so good. She calls ya and wants you to come over... You're not gonna remember the bad, you're gonna head over for a piece of ass... BUT, you're not goin' over there to get back together again for the longterm 'cause ya know it ain't gonna last forever!!!" -fast98dodge

~~~MY VH SHOWS~~~

Verizon Center-Washington DC 3/28/12

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 11:54 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 15 Posts

Fair Warning! You'll like everything from the cover art to the fade-out on the last track, and you'll want to listen to it again and again.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to list!
    Last Online

04.03.15 @ 08:58 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Jethrofinger,

Van Halen has been my favorite band since the time I was about your age. My very first concert was David Lee Roth on the Eat 'Em & Smile Tour in Columbia, SC on 8/19/86. I'll never forget it!

Anyway, I'd be glad to get you some quality classic VH era live material. Shoot me an email and I'll send you the '82 Largo show and the '83 US Festival show on DVD (BTB Productions versions). Pretty much my favorite 2 shows on DVD.

Take care and rock on,

Chris
    crazystix@hotmail.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

Fair Warning.. with headphones
    Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 285 Times in 146 Posts

Walmart has greatly reduced their music dept, so you might not find it there, so if not, go to Best Buy or something, but yes by all means get Fair Warning...your life will be changed.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Feels So Good (deal with it...
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:21 AM
    Liked 426 Times in 228 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by noise next door View Post
    LMAO!!

... you are in for a treat better than sex with the head cheerleader...
    You see....this is why I come to the links...to learn new things. I now know what my problem is. I was trying to have "intercourse" with the "head" cheerleader. That just won't work. I now know that they all have their specialty. Now if I could just find the "anal" cheerleader we are all set!

And to keep on topic....yes....Fair Warning is a MUST have. I am also very partial to For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge. The sound isn't great but it is a great CD. But let's be realistic here...the goal is to fill your collection over the coming months. Some are better than others but the worst Van Halen CD is still better than the best of everything else out there.
    Signature not currently available. You aren't missing much.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin With The Devil, I guess
    Last Online

09.28.07 @ 08:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the adivce everybody! Yeah, I was planning to get Fair Warning on CD. They have it on iTunes for $9.90. The copy of WACF I got was used and it was in pretty good condish. for $7.99! I have a CD store near here and they sell used and new CDs and Records (this isn't where I got WACF). I will call them and see what the prices are for the stuff they have because I got my copy of OU812 there for $2.99 used and it plays perfectly fine! It's usally the Sammy era stuff that are low priced there. By the way, my copy of Diver Down is burned from a CD I got at my local library. I'll try finding that album again just so I have it legally. Like I said, I might go and see VH this year and they might play all David era. It would be weird hearing David singing the Sammy material.

By the way, I got to say I also own DLR's Eat Em And Smile on cassette and I have Van Halen II on LP. Whatever I hear on Fair Warning on the tape sounded great but the tape could be worn out a bit so I just want to listen to the CD first so I don't get disappointed!