Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Little Dreamer
    Last Online

11.27.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default added shows in the n.y./n.j. area?

i noticed a 1 week gap between the garden and meadowlands show, think they'll add a night to each place.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

There's a lot of gaps in the schedule. They exist for one or more of the following reasons:

a) A second or third night can be added if need be (yeah, right).
    b) The band can take in at least one museum, ball game, or night club in each town.
    c) Dave can rest his pulled groin he'll constantly be re-injuring from trying to do the "Jump" jump every night.
    d) Dave, Ed, and Al can have a solid 24 hours every three days to be put into an anti-aging chamber that will in fact keep them looking a healthy young 49, not their actual ages.
    e) Wolfie can fly back to LA for his bass lessons. He just started studying modes, and the band was really hoping he'd have the mixolydian scale down by the time the tour started.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

08.07.13 @ 02:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    There's a lot of gaps in the schedule. They exist for one or more of the following reasons:

b) The band can take in at least one museum, ball game, or night club in each town.
    c) Dave can rest his pulled groin he'll constantly be re-injuring from trying to do the "Jump" jump every night.
    d) Dave, Ed, and Al can have a solid 24 hours every three days to be put into an anti-aging chamber that will in fact keep them looking a healthy young 49, not their actual ages.
    e) Wolfie can fly back to LA for his bass lessons. He just started studying modes, and the band was really hoping he'd have the mixolydian scale down by the time the tour started.
    I keep forgetting this is actually a "The Other Half" site disguised as a Van Halen site.

Favorite VH Album

VHI, VHII, WACF, Fair Warning
    Last Online

09.04.08 @ 07:01 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post

And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

02.26.17 @ 05:10 PM
    Liked 68 Times in 19 Posts

oh no...somebody said something bad about this abortion of a lineup...break out the frowning faces...
    let's be real...EVH was GOD

Runnin' might put too much focus on the fact that there's a little kid on bass - knuck

I see three bona fide ROCK GODS, and then somebody's kid. - CaboTime

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

08.07.13 @ 02:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah it's okay to be Van Halen without DLR, who actually wrote lyrics, was the most recognizable frontman of the MTV era and as Edward said in the EARLY 80s actually "pulled his own weight." However, get rid of the bass player who wrote nothing, whose biggest contribution was singing back up vocals that someone else wrote and playing bass (on some of the albums) parts that again, someone else wrote and was more than happy working on his Porche that said "writers" paid for and it's an "abortion of a line-up." Thus making, in the eyes of most of the pricks around here, the current incarnation NOT Van Halen.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.11.09 @ 07:20 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am really hoping for an added show upstate. Maybe the buffalo area.. Otherwise its a trip to Cleveland for me

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by FindMyself View Post
    Yeah it's okay to be Van Halen without DLR, who actually wrote lyrics, was the most recognizable frontman of the MTV era and as Edward said in the EARLY 80s actually "pulled his own weight." However, get rid of the bass player who wrote nothing, whose biggest contribution was singing back up vocals that someone else wrote and playing bass (on some of the albums) parts that again, someone else wrote and was more than happy working on his Porche that said "writers" paid for and it's an "abortion of a line-up." Thus making, in the eyes of most of the pricks around here, the current incarnation NOT Van Halen.

yeah you're right...good thing they replaced him with someone that has tons of experience...hahahaha

Runnin' might put too much focus on the fact that there's a little kid on bass - knuck

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elvhfan View Post
    yeah you're right...good thing they replaced him with someone that has tons of experience...hahahaha
    we know you don't think its VH. We know you hate it. We know that there is no changing your mind. You share that opinion with many but you have to realize that all the bashing won't change our minds anymore than we will change yours. So how about let us go see the new VH and have our fun and well let you not go see the show and then if its horrible you can gloat and if its great we can? Does that sound fair?

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by kaystayflaar View Post
    we know you don't think its VH. We know you hate it. We know that there is no changing your mind. You share that opinion with many but you have to realize that all the bashing won't change our minds anymore than we will change yours. So how about let us go see the new VH and have our fun and well let you not go see the show and then if its horrible you can gloat and if its great we can? Does that sound fair?
    no...your ragging of MA makes no sense in the context of the person they replaced him with....actually it's quite laughable...

by all means enjoy the show though

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elvhfan View Post
    no...your ragging of MA makes no sense in the context of the person they replaced him with....actually it's quite laughable...

by all means enjoy the show though
    Well, I can't speak about others, but I for one have never ragged on mike dave ed al sam or even gary. I for one am a fan of the music... Not necessarily the people who perform it. If it was required to like or respect the people who write/perform the music then I don't think there would be many music fans in general... I respect the fact that there were people talented enough to create the music and i respect the fact that there are people talented enough to perform it. But in all honesty who am I or you or anyone else to pass judgement on them as people whether we think they are good or bad.

Anyway, sorry for the rant, just meant tp say i dont rag on the bsnd members... Unless they prove to be sucky... In which case i will be happy to agree with you 100%!!!