Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

View Poll Results: If offered free tickets to a show on the same night, which one would you choose?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would choose to see The Other Half.

15 17.86%
  • I would choose to see Van Halen 2007.

67 79.76%
  • I would choose to stay home.

2 2.38%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Eruption
    Last Online

01.12.11 @ 05:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default If offered free tickets, would you see Van Halen 2007 or The Other Half?

If you were offered free tickets to see Van Halen 2007 or The Other Half who were both playing on the same night, which band would you choose to go see?

Let's break it down to individual members:

-------------------------------

The Other Half:

Sammy Hagar - Still has 90% of the vocal abilities and range that he had in his prime during the 80's. Sammy is a very passionate performer and an energetic entertainer. Sammy is known to bring the party with him, and makes 200% sure that everyone has a great time and gets their money's worth from his shows.

Michael Anthony - Mike is a great bassist, and has enjoyed very positive reviews from many bass player magazines over the years. Mike also has the signature high-tenor backup vocals that became a staple of the Van Halen sound in both the DLR and Sammy days of the band. Mike shares Sammy's passion to perform and entertain a crowd. Mike does not like the idea of someone (specifically EVH) going onstage drunk and having a bad attitude towards the crowd and the band members.

Victor Johnson - Vic is a great guitarist. He is not as good as Eddie Van Halen was in his prime, but is currently much more predictable, consistent, and stable than EVH has been in recent years. Vic doesn't use the whammy bar, heavy tapping, or harmonics like EVH does - but Vic lays down the rhythm and the lead in a very skillful way. Vic is a great player and entertainer.

David Lauser - Dave is just a great, solid drummer who keeps the groove going for The Other Half. Dave goes back with Sammy to the pre-Montrose days, and has played on various Sammy Hagar albums such as Standing Hampton, Three Lock Box, and VOA.

Van Halen 2007

Eddie Van Halen - As all of us would probably agree, Eddie has created some of the best rock music on the face of the planet. He is known as the greatest guitarist that has ever lived. However, Eddie has always had a drama side to him. He seems to get easily frustrated and angered when things don't go his way. In the 90's, Eddie had a battle with tongue cancer and alcoholism that ended in the divorce of his longtime wife Valerie Bertinelli. This sent Eddie into a downward spiral of alcohol and drug addictions, ending in a short rehab stint in the middle of 2007. Most people who have worked with Eddie from the late 90's through 2007 have admitted that he is very difficult to work with, and doesn't seem to have the passion to entertain crowds that he once embraced. He seems to be more passionate about getting his own way, regardless of what his fans and bandmates think about his unpopular decisions.

Alex Van Halen - Alex is undeniably one of the best rock drummers alive. He is very capable of laying down a tight rhythmic groove for his brother's bands. However, Alex is known to cower to his brother Eddie's tyrades and rants, and basically goes along with whatever Eddie tells him to do. He defends Eddie even when there is no justifiable defense, which I guess is a common thing for brothers to do.

David Lee Roth - Dave is known for big talk and little action. Dave could have been a very successful marketer. He knows how to pump something up bigger than life. However, when it comes time to deliver the goods, Dave is known for forgetting 50% of the lyrics, and his vocals are pretty much shot compared to what they were in the 80's. He has lost his signature scream, and most of his vocal range. However, Dave knows how to work a crowd. Dave's popularity is due in part to his flamboyant showmanship and outrageous off-stage behavior. Dave is very unpredictable. No two of his shows are the same.

Wolfgang Van Halen - This one is the wildcard of the group. No one knows jack shit about Wolfgang apart from the praise that his father Eddie generously dumps on him. During the 2004 Van Hagar tour, Wolfgang appeared onstage with a guitar to play on a few songs. Eddie poured affection and praise on Wolfgang during these appearances, often kissing and hugging Wolfgang onstage. No one aside from the band members and a few guests have any idea what to expect out of Wolfgang musically or vocally.

Baed on the criteria above, my vote had to go to The Other Half.

Favorite VH Album

Everyone without Sam or Gary
    Favorite VH Song

Same as above
    Last Online

02.18.12 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRocks View Post
    If you were offered free tickets to see Van Halen 2007 or The Other Half who were both playing on the same night, which band would you choose to go see?

The Other Half:

Sammy Hagar - Still has 90% of the vocal abilities and range that he had in his prime during the 80's. Sammy is a very passionate performer and an energetic entertainer. Sammy is known to bring the party with him, and makes 200% sure that everyone has a great time and gets their money's worth from his shows.

Michael Anthony - Mike is a great bassist, and has enjoyed very positive reviews from many bass player magazines over the years. Mike also has the signature high-tenor backup vocals that became a staple of the Van Halen sound in both the DLR and Sammy days of the band. Mike shares Sammy's passion to perform and entertain a crowd. Mike does not like the idea of someone (specifically EVH) going onstage drunk and having a bad attitude towards the crowd and the band members.

Victor Johnson - Vic is a great guitarist. He is not as good as Eddie Van Halen was in his prime, but is currently much more predictable, consistent, and stable than EVH has been in recent years. Vic doesn't use the whammy bar, heavy tapping, or harmonics like EVH does - but Vic lays down the rhythm and the lead in a very skillful way. Vic is a great player and entertainer.

David Lauser - Dave is just a great, solid drummer who keeps the groove going for The Other Half. Dave goes back with Sammy to the pre-Montrose days, and has played on various Sammy Hagar albums such as Standing Hampton, Three Lock Box, and VOA.

Van Halen 2007

Eddie Van Halen - As all of us would probably agree, Eddie has created some of the best rock music on the face of the planet. He is known as the greatest guitarist that has ever lived. However, Eddie has always had a drama side to him. He seems to get easily frustrated and angered when things don't go his way. In the 90's, Eddie had a battle with tongue cancer and alcoholism that ended in the divorce of his longtime wife Valerie Bertinelli. This sent Eddie into a downward spiral of alcohol and drug addictions, ending in a short rehab stint in the middle of 2007. Most people who have worked with Eddie from the late 90's through 2007 have admitted that he is very difficult to work with, and doesn't seem to have the passion to entertain crowds that he once embraced. He seems to be more passionate about getting his own way, regardless of what his fans and bandmates think about his unpopular decisions.

Alex Van Halen - Alex is undeniably one of the best rock drummers alive. He is very capable of laying down a tight rhythmic groove for his brother's bands. However, Alex is known to cower to his brother Eddie's tyrades and rants, and basically goes along with whatever Eddie tells him to do. He defends Eddie even when there is no justifiable defense, which I guess is a common thing for brothers to do.

David Lee Roth - Dave is known for big talk and little action. Dave could have been a very successful marketer. He knows how to pump something up bigger than life. However, when it comes time to deliver the goods, Dave is known for forgetting 50% of the lyrics, and his vocals are pretty much shot compared to what they were in the 80's. He has lost his signature scream, and most of his vocal range. However, Dave knows how to work a crowd. Dave's popularity is due in part to his flamboyant showmanship and outrageous off-stage behavior. Dave is very unpredictable. No two of his shows are the same.

Wolfgang Van Halen - This one is the wildcard of the group. No one knows jack shit about Wolfgang apart from the praise that his father Eddie generously dumps on him. During the 2004 Van Hagar tour, Wolfgang appeared onstage with a guitar to play on a few songs. Eddie poured affection and praise on Wolfgang during these appearances, often kissing and hugging Wolfgang onstage. No one aside from the band members and a few guests have any idea what to expect out of Wolfgang musically or vocally.

Your an idiot!

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by playintunes View Post
    Your an idiot!
    LOL! Is that what you say to everyone who tells you the truth?

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

You're either semi retarded or holding a serious grudge against Dave and the boys for booting out Mike....

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children 1st
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:12 PM
    Liked 24 Times in 15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by muffdiver View Post
    You're either semi retarded or holding a serious grudge against Dave and the boys for booting out Mike....
    I'' go with bias...
    Last edited by HippieLettuce; 08.15.07 at 02:02 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Same as above
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

LOL! Is that what you say to everyone who tells you the truth?

The truth, the only way you could see the truth is if you take your head out of either Sambo or MA ass.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Whatever. I knew this would be a controversial thread, but sometimes the truth is not very popular. I look past all the hype and look at the facts. I paid to see Van Hagar in 2004 and walked out halfway through the show due to Eddie's poor condition. Before I pay to see VH2007, I'm going to make sure that this doesn't happen again.

Instead of just calling names (which any little child can do), why not use your intellect to discuss and elaborate on the supposed facts that I stated above? Which ones do you agree or disagree with?

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

No contest.

The Other Half has toured over the last few years and can probably be expected to tour into the coming years.

With VH and Dave, let's face it, this is probably the only shot.

Not to mention the catalog of CVH songs that VH has to work with, many of which haven't been heard by VH in years.

No contest.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children 1st
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:12 PM
    Liked 24 Times in 15 Posts

Whatever. I knew this would be a controversial thread, but sometimes the truth is not very popular. I look past all the hype and look at the facts. I paid to see Van Hagar in 2004 and walked out halfway through the show due to Eddie's poor condition. Before I pay to see VH2007, I'm going to make sure that this doesn't happen again.

Instead of just calling names (which any little child can do), why not use your intellect to discuss and elaborate on the supposed facts that I stated above? Which ones do you agree or disagree with?

"Supposed facts"? You mean personal speculation?

lol....

Oh, and VH 2005 100 per.....

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning,F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

09.28.07 @ 08:53 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by muffdiver View Post
    I'll go with semi retarded.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Same as above
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The thing is, what you laid out is onesided and biased. It's a stupid poll. It would be like saying If Led zep was going out on tour, in which there are talks of them doing with probably jason on drums, would you go see them or go see ZOSO, the Led Zep tribute band.

Well if you never seen ZOSO, in which i have many times, they have early Zep down to a science, compared to the Page, Plant and Jones, who are approaching their 60's and haven't played live togeither in 27 yrs.

I know which concert i would be going to, and if anyone would say the tribute band they are retarded.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.18.13 @ 08:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Other Half:

Van Halen 2007

This is as bad as a driver on the freeway going the speed limit in the passing lane.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 5150
    Last Online

10.20.14 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'd go see Van Halen 2007 because there's no guarantee that they'll be touring beyond that. Sammy will be making music and touring for years to come.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The thing is, what you laid out is onesided and biased.
    Okay, then use your intellect and refute what I have said about each member. I'd love to hear the opposing opinions.

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II & 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Women in Love & Aftershock
    Last Online

08.17.08 @ 08:02 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The truth, the only way you could see the truth is if you take your head out of either Sambo or MA ass.
    Take it easy dude

Get some time logged in here before slamming established members with your 6th grade rhetoric.

It was a valid post, nothing biased
    "Michael Anthony on the Bass"

-David Lee Roth, Largo--1982

-Formally, aftershock5-