Favorite VH Album

The first four
    Favorite VH Song

Changes daily!
    Last Online

07.06.08 @ 03:52 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default DVD

With the VHs insatiable appetite for money-making schemes, now is surely the time for a retrospective DVD package? A 4 DVD box set, a la KISSology? If they don't realise the demand and potential sales, they've missed a trick. Remastered, pristine versions of the US Festival, Sao Paolo etc, etc, plus whatever else they have in the vaults? Quintuple platinum, no problem.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonic View Post
    With the VHs insatiable appetite for money-making schemes, now is surely the time for a retrospective DVD package? A 4 DVD box set, a la KISSology? If they don't realise the demand and potential sales, they've missed a trick. Remastered, pristine versions of the US Festival, Sao Paolo etc, etc, plus whatever else they have in the vaults? Quintuple platinum, no problem.
    Van Halen, doing something like that for us?

Dream on
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

02.26.17 @ 05:10 PM
    Liked 68 Times in 19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonic View Post

most people already have copies of this...give us something we don't have (of course this is all moot because we're not getting anything)
    let's be real...EVH was GOD

Runnin' might put too much focus on the fact that there's a little kid on bass - knuck

I see three bona fide ROCK GODS, and then somebody's kid. - CaboTime

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elvhfan View Post
    most people already have copies of this...give us something we don't have (of course this is all moot because we're not getting anything)
    Like, Largo 1984? (apparently, the only pro-shot from 1984, that hasn't seen the light of day yet).
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

09.20.17 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 45 Posts

It may take a while to Photoshop Mikey out of those old films.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by vhrocks2005 View Post
    Like, Largo 1984? (apparently, the only pro-shot from 1984, that hasn't seen the light of day yet).

exactly...now you're talking!

Runnin' might put too much focus on the fact that there's a little kid on bass - knuck

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by smithtone View Post
    this is true...never thought of that...

Last Online

11.22.07 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For better or worse, I really hope they do a proper dvd of at least this tour along the lines of the Motley Crue or Rush live sets as an example.

I really have zero hope at this point for a true vintage live dvd set from the Roth era along the lines of Led Zep or the Kiss' releases. I was pretty floored by those previously unseen micro-second live clips used in the Fender commercial earlier this year for the Frankenstrat replica which at least gave me some hope that at least some footage still exists in great condition considering the rumors over the years that much of what was shot on film from '78 - '82 has been neglected and is unwatchable now. But I think as long as Eddie has issues with any one member from the original lineup, he won't do such a package just to prevent that person from ever getting any new royalties. Of course, his excuse is always going to be "I want to move forward, that's the past >cough<."

T.B.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by smithtone View Post
    Sad but true.

For years the rumor was they wouldn't release any CVH videos because they didn't want to promote the Dave years. Now it will be because they don't want to promote the Mike years.

Last Online

11.22.07 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vhrocks2005 View Post
    I think the venue staff themselves shot many concerts there for use on the video screens or whatever, because there's literally dozens of major bands around the late 70's through mid 80's who've had pro-shot bootlegs from Largo surface later over the years. Maybe the arena just had a dedicated video and film crew and production facility thus making the venue a good choice for bands to document shows for possible home video release, but I think it's odd that there's virtually no home video releases of any band's show from Largo yet there's tons of pro-shot bootlegs from that venue.

T.B.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypso View Post
    I think the venue staff themselves shot many concerts there for use on the video screens or whatever, because there's literally dozens of major bands around the late 70's through mid 80's who've had pro-shot bootlegs from Largo surface later over the years. Maybe the arena just had a dedicated video and film crew and production facility thus making the venue a good choice for bands to document shows for possible home video release, but I think it's odd that there's virtually no home video releases of any band's show from Largo yet there's tons of pro-shot bootlegs from that venue.

T.B.
    Ya know, the mention of the footage shot for use on the arena video screens reminds me of the big problem facing Jimmy Page when dealing with the Earl's Court footage used for the "Led Zeppelin" DVD: It was all close-ups, and as a result, lacked continuity.

Anyone who has viewed the remarkable result put forth on the Zep DVD can also attest to the significant amount of doctoring required to make it work, which included the use of various filters, "creative beyond belief" editing along with the addition of bootleg footage.

Considering the minimal effort put forth in the (relatively) recent release of "Live Without A Net", one wonders if the band would even consider such a release.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 10:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I,ll bet you a pizza now that Dave's back on board, we'll see a DVD of some sort come out of this "revamped band"...............
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............... Dirty Harry

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Bob View Post
    I,ll bet you a pizza now that Dave's back on board, we'll see a DVD of some sort come out of this "revamped band"...............

who gives a shit about this tour... there'll be plenty of video boots...give us some proshot footage of PAST tours that we've never seen

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 10:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

who gives a shit about this tour..

Obviously the Van Halen fans that sold out the ILAA in 45 minutes.......

and did you know that Mike's not going to be there.................
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............... Dirty Harry

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Bob View Post
    Obviously the Van Halen fans that sold out the ILAA in 45 minutes.......
    Damn, that's quick.

They'll be about that far into their 4 hours when they realize they've been ripped off.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, ďTokyo Dome In Concert,Ē is available for purchase, and itís super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman