Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Default Anyone Softening Their Stance?

As many of us had realized, the Press Conference wasn't really the awkward implosion of Van Halen (again), yet was handled quite maturely, at least by all parties.

Dave set the bar VERY high, which forces expectations to be VERY high. As I stated before, I will be going to the United Center show on 10/18 (since I'm going for free anyway). With that said, now that Dave said things the way he did, I can honestly say I'm looking forward to it.

As you know, I was very much against this tour since last October, and in a way I still am. I'm still going expecting Van Halen IV, not "Classic Van Halen Re-visited," but after the PC, am at least going in with more of an open mind now, since apparently this is a "moving forward." By that, I don't see myself to be selling out as I still have the sour taste of the Mike treatment with me, but I'm just so damn curious, I'll be open about it. If it's good, it's good. If it sucks, it sucks. Simple as that. And as I said, I'd be going for free anyway, as long as I had the chance.

This isn't about Ed and Dave on stage together again. This isn't about Wolf. This is just about getting to see whether the show is gonna be a trainwreck, or surprisingly good. It'll be entertainment nonetheless

Anyone else in the same position I am in?
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

I will admit that I noticed a small hairline crack just above my shoulder last night. i'm on my way to Home Depot to get some patching material before this thing turns into a flood
    Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

09.20.17 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 45 Posts

I admit that the videos of the press conference were kinda cool. But realizing how much the tickets are and how the band's site "Photoshop'd" Mikey out have left me disillusioned. These two reasons, combined with Mikey not even being there in the first place, are why I will not go unless a heavily discounted ticket falls in my lap.

I'm ready for a new CD, though!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:50 PM
    Liked 21 Times in 6 Posts

No, I love the music, but Van Halen has received the last of my money. New music? DVDs? I'll check them out, but I'm not spending any more money on this band. Enjoy the show if you go.

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

No.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well. I was prepared to swallow my pride one last time for these guys,
    but seeing what tix are reportedly going for - - and it's safe to
    say I've hardened and VH WILL NOT be getting my money afterall.
    I expected maybe a little bump up from '04 ('bout $100) but I'm thinking the
    house will be woefully underpopulated unless they get real. And at that point,
    reducing prices is just going to look bad. Pretty much like everything else.

VH is like that shitty girlfriend you could never let go of no matter how
    bad she treated you. Until finally you wake up one day and you're over it.
    That day may have come. I'll see that bitch on You Tube.

Last Online

10.11.16 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

Nope I'm still driving 10 hours to catch the opening show and there is nothing Ed Dave or Al can do to stop me see ya opening night boys

Favorite VH Album

All of Them
    Last Online

02.22.14 @ 05:30 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DUNN28 View Post
    Nope I'm still driving 10 hours to catch the opening show and there is nothing Ed Dave or Al can do to stop me see ya opening night boys

They could cancel the tour

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spw5150 View Post
    They could cancel the tour

Wouldn't shock me one bit.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A or I'm The One
    Last Online

07.12.15 @ 04:46 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 9 Posts

I never took a stance to soften.

If Van Halen came out with a new singer, I'd bail. If Ed put out an instrumental album, I'd bail. if they reunited with Sam, I'd bail.

Going on tour with DLR? I'm in. It's not rocket surgery. I'm a middle aged man who enjoys going to rock and roll concerts where the band plays songs I know. VH is my favorite band of all time. This is not complicated. I LIKE DAVE. There I said it. Is that so wrong?

Of course the tickets are expensive -- EVERYTHING is expensive in USA 2007. If the tickets were cheap everyone would be calling them losers who can't command a decent gate. If they can't sell tickets at that price, well that will be bad. Very bad. But I hope the promoters wouldn't miscalculate that. This isn't Kelly Clarkson we're talking about.
    What once upon a time made Van Halen unique in the progression of metal and hard rock (besides Eddie’s prowess as a guitarist) was its sense of fun, its willingness to be not just over the top, but weird.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

06.22.15 @ 03:18 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

nope.

the bullshit has crested the flood walls, for me.

for that money i could catch the cult several times on this tour.
    not another dime from me, fellas...

tinzen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

09.20.17 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Down the Drain View Post
    I never took a stance to soften.

If Van Halen came out with a new singer, I'd bail. If Ed put out an instrumental album, I'd bail. if they reunited with Sam, I'd bail.

Going on tour with DLR? I'm in. It's not rocket surgery. I'm a middle aged man who enjoys going to rock and roll concerts where the band plays songs I know. VH is my favorite band of all time. This is not complicated. I LIKE DAVE. There I said it. Is that so wrong?

Of course the tickets are expensive -- EVERYTHING is expensive in USA 2007. If the tickets were cheap everyone would be calling them losers who can't command a decent gate. If they can't sell tickets at that price, well that will be bad. Very bad. But I hope the promoters wouldn't miscalculate that. This isn't Kelly Clarkson we're talking about.

Rush and Motley Crue - with all original members - were no where near these prices. But then again, those bands weren't pimping $25k guitars, either.

I'm thinking about picking up a bootleg DVD of the first show off ebay in a couple of months and inviting some friends over to watch it on the big screen. Plenty of beer and we'll have just as much fun as if we were there. And not a dime to the brothers.

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:34 PM
    Liked 1,885 Times in 1,102 Posts

nope and I probably won't. I just don't like anything Ed's done as a person since....welll since about 95ish. He just comes off like a dick to me. I don't mind Dave so much anymore cause I accept what he is but the whole Ed thing is just wierd. Guy's a dick and Al is a total enabler. Let's see they screwed things up with Sam in 96, recorded one of the worst albums in rock history in 97, tried to get back together with dave..what? 6 f'n times? Ed was a mess in 04 and ruined that tour, they've screwed mike over in every way shape or form...really what positive things can be associated with VH these days? Oh, they're touring with Dave? Great, let's see how long these guys can o without ed rubbing lemons in his eyes and writing shit on his chest with a sharpie. Good Fucking luck with that.

Favorite VH Album

Everyone without Sam or Gary
    Favorite VH Song

Same as above
    Last Online

02.18.12 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smithtone View Post
    Rush and Motley Crue - with all original members - were no where near these prices. But then again, those bands weren't pimping $25k guitars, either.

I'm thinking about picking up a bootleg DVD of the first show off ebay in a couple of months and inviting some friends over to watch it on the big screen. Plenty of beer and we'll have just as much fun as if we were there. And not a dime to the brothers.

Are you kidding me, you actually are comparing Rush and the crue to VH with Dave back in the band. Some of you are just plain lost souls.

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:50 PM
    Liked 6,841 Times in 3,580 Posts

Premium Member

I can't afford to see this tour, and there's no new music if I could.

If I had to take a stance, it would be No New Music - No NEW Band.

Now that I think about it, even if Mike was back and no new music, i still couldn't afford it and still wouldn't go.

Uh-Oh! Now I have a stance.