Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

Default What's the most you'll pay for a Five Star Ticket?

There's the question, now some answers...

I'll pay $500 a piece for a Five Star, one for me and one for the girlfriend...
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

First 6
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

06.27.08 @ 10:19 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Umm I dont think alot of you understand... This is a quite possibly a once in a lifetime event.. I personally Will Pay whatever it takes for a 5 star ticket...granted I will go to at least 3 shows to see the mighty... so i figure first nite in Charlotte is where ill get my 5 star... then the rest of the shows ill be normal and sit anywhere for the most part.. I (WE) have been waiting for this All our Lives...Honestly Ticket Prices Should not be anybodys Concern....Because this is the Greatest American Band Of all Time

Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.22.16 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 21 Posts

I have a 5 star ticket for 10,000...do you want it?

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

I've never done the five-star thing, but I don't think you could get more than $250 from me for one. There is no guarantee that anything all that special happens with a VH five-star experience (especially after hearing the '04 stories). I will, however, pay the $200 a ticket it costs to get the VIP tickets for a Sammy show--because I know I'll get to shake the man's hand (and Mike's also) and jam out on stage. In other words, the two known for being the most fan-friendly from VH are no longer a part of VH.

Favorite VH Album

All of 'em
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy/Runaround
    Last Online

08.21.17 @ 12:12 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

I will pay what they are asking. I made my mind up before the tour was official.
    One noticeable difference between Judas Priest and Metallica...
    ...Judas Priest only has one gay guy in the band.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

09.20.17 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 45 Posts

I did the 5-star in 2004 and it was pretty lame. I went to the one in DC where they canceled the soundcheck and they had to refund some of our money. The seats were great and hanging out with other fans and Silvertide was cool. But I won't do that again.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

02.26.17 @ 05:10 PM
    Liked 68 Times in 19 Posts

the 2007 5* packages don't even include the soundcheck that the 2004 5*s did...what's the point?...that was the only reason to do a 5*...

and you're guaranteed a seat within the ramps?..wow!...looks like there's 20 rows that that includes
    let's be real...EVH was GOD

Runnin' might put too much focus on the fact that there's a little kid on bass - knuck

I see three bona fide ROCK GODS, and then somebody's kid. - CaboTime

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

09.20.17 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elvhfan View Post
    the 2007 5* packages don't even include the soundcheck that the 2004 5*s did...what's the point?...that was the only reason to do a 5*...

and you're guaranteed a seat within the ramps?..wow!...looks like there's 20 rows that that includes
    Exactly. That's the only reason I did it three years ago and then they canceled it because they were late coming to the arena. Everyone at the DC show was pissed and everyone eventually got some $$$ back in the mail. I don't care about a VH t-shirt or a VH gift or even hanging out backstage in some room drinking beer with a bunch of VH fans (I can do that part with my friends in the parking lot) - I just want to see a soundcheck with about 50 other people. From what I heard, that was pretty cool, although EVH's attitude was kinda sketchy.

No 5-star this year. Not even sure I want to see this - especially after they "re-did" the original VH cover on their site. Class acts.

Eruption
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 06:05 PM
    Liked 172 Times in 106 Posts

I wanted to do the 5-star in '04, but ILAA's system messed up and I lost the tickets I had reserved. I tried again, but the 5-stars were already gone, so I ended up getting 4-star. I was pissed. I still had good seats, but I really wanted to do the soundcheck. Oh well. I'll probably try for the 4-star again, since there is no soundcheck included this time around. I can hang out and drink with other VH fans in the parking lot...no need to pay an extra $200 or whatever just to get a backstage tour and overpriced food.

Eruption
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I did the 5 star deal for the first St. Louis show of the '04 tour. It was $375 (don't tell my now wife) a piece.

Unlike the stories I've read here, it was incredible. The sound check lasted 45minutes to an hour and the crowd or Wolf would say songs and Mike, Ed & Al would start playing them. Sammy wasn't there, but it was kind of cool because they played more classic VH. Mike sang on some, others they just played the music. Hell, we all know the words by heard anyway. Pretty neat to have those 3 on stage jamming when you are one of only about 150 people in a giant arena. The soundcheck was actually a better quality show than the concert that night (Ed was really impared that show). All that said, it is one of the most exciting moments I've EVER experienced (okay, so I'm a loser, who cares).

From what I've read about the new 5 stars, I don't think it's worth it. Eventhough I had 2nd row center and caught a pick from Ed, I don't think the '04 5 star would have been worth it without the soundcheck.

Last Online

08.06.15 @ 01:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Considering the top ticket price in Toronto is $200 (face value), I figure the 5-star will be $500-550. With no meet & greet and no soundcheck, it seems a bit high for a ticket, backstage tour, party and other " goodies ".

Aerosmith plays in Toronto in mid-September. The top ticket price is $165-ish. The top package was a little over $1000 but includes a meet & greet with Perry and Tyler.
    Denis Leary's World According to Van Halen (circa 1994): Sammy, Eddie, Eddie's brother and the other guy.

Favorite VH Album

In the mood for OU812
    Favorite VH Song

"Mean Street"
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 261 Times in 177 Posts

I saw Dave from the 2nd row two years ago and met him after the show for about $25.

I saw Sam and Mike two years ago also for about $50 or so and met Mike after the show.

I did 5 Star once in 2004...not again though...did meet Mike, and chatted for a brief moment to Ed but certainly wasn't worth it.
    VAN HALEN
    7-7-15 Ridgefield, WA
    12-1-07 Portland, OR
    10-22-04 Seattle, WA
    10-19-04 Portland, OR
    8-13-04 Oakland, CA
    8-11-04 Sacramento, CA
    8-10-04 San Jose, CA
    8-7-04 Las Vegas, NV
    8-6-04 Las Vegas, NV
    7-10-98 Portland, OR
    9-15-95 Portland, OR
    8-18-93 Portland, OR

Sammy Hagar
    5-8-15 Lake Tahoe, NV
    5-2-08 Lake Tahoe, NV (w/ Michael Anthony)
    4-30-05 Lake Tahoe, NV (w/ Michael Anthony)
    4-29-05 Lake Tahoe, NV (w/ Michael Anthony)
    6-29-02 Gorge, WA
    10-13-99 Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    10-12-99 Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    10-9-99 Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    7-10-99 Portland, OR
    8-15-97 Eugene, OR

David Lee Roth
    8-19-05 Eugene, OR
    6-28-03 Tacoma, WA
    6-17-03 Portland, OR
    6-29-02 Gorge, WA
    9-2-01 Seattle, WA

Chickenfoot
    6-3-12 Portland, OR

Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.22.16 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cokemach1 View Post
    I did the 5 star deal for the first St. Louis show of the '04 tour. It was $375 (don't tell my now wife) a piece.

Unlike the stories I've read here, it was incredible. The sound check lasted 45minutes to an hour and the crowd or Wolf would say songs and Mike, Ed & Al would start playing them. Sammy wasn't there, but it was kind of cool because they played more classic VH. Mike sang on some, others they just played the music. Hell, we all know the words by heard anyway. Pretty neat to have those 3 on stage jamming when you are one of only about 150 people in a giant arena. The soundcheck was actually a better quality show than the concert that night (Ed was really impared that show). All that said, it is one of the most exciting moments I've EVER experienced (okay, so I'm a loser, who cares).

From what I've read about the new 5 stars, I don't think it's worth it. Eventhough I had 2nd row center and caught a pick from Ed, I don't think the '04 5 star would have been worth it without the soundcheck.
    I did the 5star as well for that show, and I agree. I couldn't match the soundcheck with anything else. When they tore into Don't tell me...it was flawless. Wish the show would of sounded like that...

Last Online

02.02.12 @ 10:18 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default I Love All Access Bites

The VIP Packages are not worth it.

I did the 5 Star in Vegas in 2004.

Came away feeling like I will NEVER give another dime to VH in my life, after being shafted like that.

First off, they told us absolutely no cameras. That sucked, only not as much as it could of, since the backstage tour saw only roadies and Shinedown.

Soundcheck? Yeah it was cool, but Sammy never showed, so we all got to hear Mikey sing (he kicked ass). But Ed was in a bad mood and not signing any autographs. They kicked us all out before I could get more than one anyway.

I scored front row on Ed's side of the stage for the show, but again, since Ed was having a bad day, no interacting with the crowd, and to be honest, he played like a drunken wino. Sammy's singing sounded better than Ed's guitar playing (and that's saying a lot). :-(

To add insult to injury, the "Merchandise" package that came with the tix was pathetic - vanilla white t-shirt (nothing like they were selling at the regular merch stands) and a trucker hat made in Indonesia...

Recap:
    - no camera/no pics of the band
    - lame merch
    - lame backstage pre-show party

I Love All Access SUCKS.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts