Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Karl rove, treasonous scumbag, to resign at the end of August.

You just knew those BCE bastards were going to find a way to upstage Van HALEN..........

Karl Rove to Resign at the End of August
    By TERENCE HUNT, AP White House Correspondent

57 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Karl Rove, President Bush's close friend and chief political strategist, plans to leave the White House at the end of August, joining a lengthening line of senior officials heading for the exits in the final 1 1/2 years of the administration.

A longtime member of Bush's inner circle, Rove was nicknamed "the architect" by the president for designing the strategy that twice won him the White House.

A criminal investigation put Rove under scrutiny for months during the investigation into the leak of a CIA operative's name but he was never charged with any crime.

Bush was expected to make a statement Monday with Rove.

"Obviously it's a big loss to us," White House deputy press secretary Dana Perino said. "He's a great colleague, a good friend, and a brilliant mind. He will be greatly missed, but we know he wouldn't be going if he wasn't sure this was the right time to be giving more to his family, his wife Darby and their son. He will continue to be one of the president's greatest friends."

Since Democrats won control of Congress in November, some top administration officials have announced their resignations. Among those who have left are White House counselor Dan Bartlett, budget director Rob Portman, chief White House attorney Harriet Miers, political director Sara Taylor, deputy national security adviser J.D. Crouch and Meghan O'Sullivan, another deputy national security adviser who worked on Iraq. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld was forced out immediately after the election as the unpopular war in Iraq dragged on.

Rove is expected to write a book after he leaves. He disclosed his departure in an interview with The Wall Street Journal.

"I just think it's time," Rove said in an interview at this home on Saturday. He first floated the idea of leaving to Bush a year ago, the newspaper said, and friends confirmed he'd been talking about it even earlier. However, he said he didn't want to depart right after the Democrats regained control of Congress and then got drawn into policy battles over the Iraq war and immigration.

"There's always something that can keep you here, and as much as I'd like to be here, I've got to do this for the sake of my family," said Rove, who has been in the White House since Bush took office in 2001.

Rove's son attends college in San Antonio and he said he and his wife plan to spend much of their time at their nearby home in Ingram.

Rove, currently the deputy White House chief of staff, has been the president's political guru for years and worked with Bush since he first ran for governor of Texas in 1993.

In the interview, Rove predicted Bush will regain his popularity, which has sunk to record lows because of the war in Iraq.

Rove also predicted conditions in Iraq would improve and that the Democrats would nominate Hillary Rodham Clinton for president, calling her "a tough, tenacious, fatally flawed candidate."

Rove testified before a federal grand jury in the investigation into the leak of the name of Valerie Plame, a CIA officer whose husband was a critic of the war in Iraq. That investigation led to the conviction of I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby on charges of lying and obstructing justice. Plame contends the White House was trying to discredit her husband.

Attorneys for Libby told jurors at the onset of his trial that Libby was the victim of a conspiracy to protect Rove. Details of any save-Rove conspiracy were promised but never materialized.

The most explicit testimony on Rove came from columnist Robert Novak, who outed Plame in a July 2003 column. He testified that Rove, a frequent source, was one of two officials who told him about Plame. Libby, with whom he seldom spoke, was not a source.

Rove, though, was not indicted after testifying five times before the grand jury, occasionally correcting misstatements he made in his earlier testimony.

The jury in Libby's trial did not hear that testimony, nor did it hear that Rove is credited as an architect of Republican political victories and has been accused by opponents of playing dirty tricks.

All that jurors heard is that Rove leaked Plame's identity and, from the outset, got political cover from the White House. He was never charged with a crime.

Either Karl is about to go down bigtime over the shady political judge replacements, or he's leaving Chimpy brainless to jump aboard the Shit Romney team, which is being bankrolled by Jeb and other key members of the BCE......
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 10:00 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

YAWN............Get a life already.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

11.02.17 @ 09:45 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 9 Posts

Hell, ol' GWB would probably sneak into one of the Van Halen shows if he could.

On Karl Rove, who cares? He's no more treasonous than Mr. Clinton or his wife.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

10.16.17 @ 11:43 AM
    Liked 17 Times in 10 Posts

Premium Member

Glad to see that there is no bad feelings here.
    "Here's to swimmin' with bow legged women."
    Quint- Boat Captain
    --------------------------------------------------

"As God as my witness...I thought turkeys could fly"
    Arthur Carlson- Radio Station GM
    --------------------------------------------------

"I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park, and you wanna bail out! Well, I'll tell you something, this is no longer a vacation . . . it's a quest! It's a quest for fun! I'm gonna have fun, and you're gonna have fun! We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our Goddamn smiles! You'll be whistling Zip-a-dee-doo-da out of your assholes! "
    Clark W. Griswold- Food Additive Designer
    ---------------------------------------------------

VIVA TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND!
    Round I = Done!
    Round II = Done!
    Round III = Done!
    Round IV = Done!
    Round V = Done!
    Round VI = Done!
    Round VII = Done!
    Round VIII = Done!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.21.08 @ 10:26 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

How predictable. Once I read the subject line on the front page, I knew FORD was the one who had started the thread.
    "Now take off my Van Halen shirt before you jinx the band and they break up or something!" - Robbie Hart

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:47 AM
    Liked 18,068 Times in 8,926 Posts

Maybe I am getting old, but as I have aged I have determined that they are all a bunch of liars, on both sides of the isle, and that I really don't pay too much attention to it or what they say. I just know that everytime I get in the booth to vote the thought of "in a country of 300 million people the two best candidates we come up with are these two morons?" always pops into my head. I've felt that way every time I have voted.

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

"Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

FORD, take off your tinfoil hat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Ford its time to get a life.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

So much talk of treason from the left, so little actual prosecution toward the right. Same as it ever was.

Rove should team up with Carville and do a talking head show on Bravo. Maybe Dick Morris can do a cooking segment with Mary Matalin. Can't they all get along?

Last Online

01.01.08 @ 10:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

LMFAO at Ford the lefty genuine true believer. Get fucking life.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Holy shit, guys. Regardless your opinions of FORD, this is good news,
    if only a about 7 years too late. "Predictable?" Well it only took 3 posts for
    Bill Clinton to come up from out of nowhere. OK kettle, Ok Pot. OK! Pot!

This and the VH press conference. It is a good day today.
    Last edited by mistere; 08.13.07 at 03:47 PM.

Last Online

01.01.08 @ 10:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mistere View Post
    Holy shit, guys. Regardless your opinions of FORD, this is good news,
    if only a about 7 years too late.
    Why? So that he can resign from the White House and still be a big player in the party?

Pfft. Seriously. Many of you know nothing about politics. He's far from gone.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

It has to be good at least symbollically. But I agree with you. He likely has
    ulterior motives toward absolving his culpability and will remain an architect
    of dubious distinction. But thank you, Ann Coulter.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

11.25.14 @ 09:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

One down, two to go. Unfortuantely, it will take a year and a half to get the other players out of the mix. Granted, Rove will still play a part, I'm sure. Sorry, I have no respect for someone who chooses to smear a war hero's record (McCain) during an election year (04, I think?). Gotta love the Clinton references-I don't recall Clinton getting indicted in a leak that resuled in someone losing their life. Rove is like the Ray Lewis of the White House-he either leaked the information or knows who did, yet he didn't come clean about it. In my book, he's just as guilty as if he had done it himself.
    LSU Tigers 2003 & 2007 National Champs
    Detroit Pistons 2004 NBA Champs

If looks could kill, I'd stare at everybody!