Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.20.12 @ 08:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Police reason for tour delay and Fender reason for Eddie's rehab?

I've recently wondered if Van Halen decided to post pone the summer tour so that they would not have to compete with the police tour. I always felt that the Police reunion stole the VH reunion thunder. Perhaps the financial backers of the tour decided that was the best decision. Also, I wonder if Fender influenced Eddie to rehab since they have gone all gangbusters with the new gear and website. They certainly would want Eddie sober, active and touring promoting their new EVH guitar and EVH amp. I always felt Peavey was done a disservice by VH with the wolfgang. It took years for them to put out that guitar and when they finally did it was right at the time of the Cherone debacle. Then years of nothing. They could have sold so many more guitars without all that PR crap going on. I think this tour is positioned to do it's best now that the Police tour is old news and EVHgear.com is rolling along with a 'sober' Eddie. Any thoughts?????
    As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.
    - John Lennon

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

07.01.10 @ 06:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I doubt that
    1. Fender has that much influence in any endorsement deal to convince someone to get into rehab
    2. EVH would take an endorser's advice to clean up

If I were more cynical, the Police/tour delay is a bit more plausible but I'd hope that EVH got clean for the right reasons.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

The Police announced their tour before VH did. If VH didn't want to compete, they never should/would have announced the summer tour and then pulled it off the table. They would have been better off competing with The Police then pulling this bait and switch.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Not a bad theory, at all. Let's face it, the battle for one's disposable income, the quest for the entertainment dollar, is a difficult one. Rather than by slogging it out during the summer, the fall concert season could be an avenue of relief, not to mention giving folk time to "re-earn" some of the funds needed to see a show after having spent the same money on the recent Police tour or perhaps summer vacations.

Interesting notion.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Last Online

11.22.07 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Menlow View Post
    The Police announced their tour before VH did. If VH didn't want to compete, they never should/would have announced the summer tour and then pulled it off the table. They would have been better off competing with The Police then pulling this bait and switch.
    Agreed. If anything, they should have possibly waited even longer until early Spring '08 to start this tour as there's actually a *lot* of big name tours getting a lte start this Fall.

T.B.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Last Online

08.01.08 @ 09:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I do not believe the Police reunion had anything to do with VH postponed tour. Bruce Springsteen is about to announce a new CD and tour this week. I am actually surprised VH would be touring the North East exactly the same time as Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will be touring in support of their last CD and tour together. As big Springsteen fan myself no musical act can compete with Bruce Springsteen tour in the North East. Many of the rumored tour dates for both are very similar if true.

As for Fender it is plausible although I believe many reasons made Eddie go to rehab, this possibly being one of them.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Anything Ed plays on
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

08.19.10 @ 08:10 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Why does the reason he went to rehab matter? What does matter is that he went, seems to be happy and he looks FREAKIN AWESOME!! He has that sparkle back in his eyes. So, apparantly it helped him. I hope he stays happy and healthy.

Lookin good Ed!!
    Last edited by Kimmie5150; 08.12.07 at 07:56 PM.

Last Online

11.22.07 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    I do not believe the Police reunion had anything to do with VH postponed tour. Bruce Springsteen is about to announce a new CD and tour this week. I am actually surprised VH would be touring the North East exactly the same time as Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will be touring in support of their last CD and tour together. As big Springsteen fan myself no musical act can compete with Bruce Springsteen tour in the North East. Many of the rumored tour dates for both are very similar if true.

As for Fender it is plausible although I believe many reasons made Eddie go to rehab, this possibly being one of them.
    Yeah, it's going to be a tough call for me if Springsteen and VH dates in LA conflict.

T.B.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Blood and Fire
    Last Online

08.19.12 @ 08:35 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I would be surprised if anyone from Fender would have the balls to "suggest" EVH go to rehab - especially since he's doing business as EVH Brand Musical Products. He could just as easily set up shop with someone else, although it wouldn't make much sense since his first offering was a souped up Strat.

I'm sure Fender is thrilled about his newfound sobriety and image adjustment, though.

As for the Police, I think if they would have done it right - with Mike in the band - a Van Halen tour announcement would have at least competed for media attention. In fact, I think it would have carried some weight. Shit, even with Wolfgang on board, Rolling Stone was pimping the proposed Spring/Summer tour. And Rolling Stone generally hates Van Halen. Weren't they the first outlet to publish the 'reunion' photo that surfaced in March or April? It just makes me believe that if Mike was involved (creating a real band reunion) they could have made some noise.

Even now, I hope they at least do a couple of talk shows to get the word out. If they sound good (big IF there), it would go a long way toward selling extra tickets. That's one of the differences between 70 percent capacity and sell-outs. Especially if half the world has forgotten about you.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1, and Balance.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being.
    Last Online

09.24.17 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmie5150 View Post
    Why does the reason he went to rehab matter? What does matter is that he went, seems to be happy and he looks FREAKIN AWESOME!! He has that sparkle back in his eyes. So, apparantly it helped him. I hope he stays happy and healthy.

Lookin good Ed!!
    Good post Kimmie . Ed is healthy and that's the most important thing.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Anything Ed plays on
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryder5150 View Post
    Good post Kimmie . Ed is healthy and that's the most important thing.

ABSOLUTELY!! His health should come first and foremost before anything else PERIOD!!!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.16.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

I think Wolfgang is probably the biggest factor in Ed going to rehab.

Favorite VH Album

All of 'em-all eras.
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

09.04.15 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 36 Times in 15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmie5150 View Post

Lookin good Ed!!
    Great post! Alot of people around here just love to bash the guy. Get's sickening sometimes. Ed's had some major bumps in the road.....hip replacement, cancer, divorce, and a long time battle with alcoholism. The fact that he's alive, happy, and seemingly healthy is a miracle. He could've stopped recording after the first album and would have still made the biggest contribution to rock guitar...rock period. I think we're lucky as VH fans to have all the tunes and years of memories.
    SIMPLY SAID....GOD IS ED!!!!

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:37 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

What Police tour?

Did the guy from the Village People finally do a solo project?
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Anything Ed plays on
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by topjimmy4vh View Post
    Great post! Alot of people around here just love to bash the guy. Get's sickening sometimes. Ed's had some major bumps in the road.....hip replacement, cancer, divorce, and a long time battle with alcoholism. The fact that he's alive, happy, and seemingly healthy is a miracle. He could've stopped recording after the first album and would have still made the biggest contribution to rock guitar...rock period. I think we're lucky as VH fans to have all the tunes and years of memories.
    Thanks! It's just a FACT!

I totally agree with you. If everyone who does bash him would sit & think for a minute about where rock music would be without him, then maybe they'd wake up and say: Hey Eddie, thank you so much for everything you've done. I appreciate it & I appreciate you! I wish you nothing but the absolute best in life.