Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default McDonald's Cheeseburger Negligence Lawsuit

Obviously this guy doesn't have a frivolous lawsuit allergy... So apparently the 'multiple preventive steps' he took 'to assure his food did not contain cheese' did not include looking at the damn sandwich before eating it...

MORGANTOWN - A Monongalia County man is seeking $10 million from McDonald's after an employee put cheese on his sandwich.

The man says he bit into a hamburger and had a severe allergic reaction to the cheese melted on it.

Jeromy Jackson, who is in his early 20s, says he clearly ordered two Quarter Pounders without cheese at the McDonald’s restaurant in Star City before heading to Clarksburg.

His mother Trela Jackson and friend Andrew Ellifritz are parties to the lawsuit because they say they risked their lives rushing Jeromy to United Hospital Center in Clarksburg.

The lawsuit alleges Jeromy “was only moments from death” or serious injury by the time he reached the hospital.

“We’re interested in seeing McDonald’s take responsibility and change a systemic quality control problem that endangers the lives of up to 12 million Americans with allergies,” said Timothy Houston, the Morgantown lawyer representing the plaintiffs.

Houston said his clients were in Morgantown in October 2005 and stopped at the Star City McDonald’s on the way home to Clarksburg. Jeromy Jackson was living with his mother at the time.

Jeromy did his part to make it known he didn’t want cheese on the hamburgers because he is allergic, Houston said.

He told a worker through the ordering speaker and then two workers face-to-face at the pay and pick-up windows that he couldn’t eat cheese, Houston said.

“By my count, he took at least five independent steps to make sure that thing had no cheese on it,” Houston said. “And it did and almost cost him his life.”

After getting the food, the three drove to Clarksburg and started to eat the food in a darkened room where they were going to watch a movie, Houston said.

Jeromy took one bite and started having the reaction, Houston said. One of the three immediately called the McDonald’s to let restaurant employees know they had messed up the order, but had to cut the call short when Jeromy started having a bad reaction, Houston said.

At least two managers at the McDonald’s called the Jacksons afterward to apologize for what happened, Houston said.

McDonald’s representatives offered to pay half of Jeromy’s medical bills -- which totaled about $700. When Houston became involved, he said the company offered to pay all the medical costs.

The plaintiffs weren’t interested, and McDonald’s wasn’t offering anything more than medical costs.

The Jacksons and Ellifritz filed the lawsuit on July 18 in Monongalia Circuit Court.

Houston didn’t know if McDonald’s had yet been served with the complaint.

The lawsuit seeks damages on two counts of negligence, one count of intentional infliction of emotional distress and one count of punitive damages.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Call me cautious, but if I had severe reactions to cheese, I might lift the bun up and double check rather than put my life in the hands of the guys making minimum wage at Mickey D's.

But that's just me.

Last Online

10.19.15 @ 11:50 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts

No shit! People theat eat at fast food places should know they should check first! You check the bag before you leave the drive thru, Right? I do, and I don't have alergies! People don't get payed to think that work in fast food, they get paid to make food fast!!!! If I had alergies I wouldn't eat any of that! It just has to touch the bun, and you will have a reaction!

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

06.12.16 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

i ALWAYS check my burger. not to see if the order isright, but whether or not the punkass kid that made it spit in my shit!
    """"\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

www.myspace.com/mikesisca

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

" SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!

“ Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) ” FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being,5150,WhenIt'sLove
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:44 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

uhhhh...call me crazy or nucking futs, but just when in fresh hell has anyone EVER had to actually lift the bun to see if there's cheese on a McDonald's cheeseburger? That crap is melting out everywhere and most of the stuff is on the paper wrapper and NOT on the actual burger!!!

This guy is taking the term, "attention whore", to a completely new level.
    Meet me in Cabo!

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Feels So Good (deal with it...
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 426 Times in 228 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Let's just wait for McDonald's to break out the security footage from the restaurant that shows this moron putting his own cheese on the burger. Seems plausible.

And you guys said it...if I am that severely allergic to cheese I am going to have a quick look.
    Signature not currently available. You aren't missing much.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy5150 View Post
    Let's just wait for McDonald's to break out the security footage from the restaurant that shows this moron putting his own cheese on the burger. Seems plausible.

And you guys said it...if I am that severely allergic to cheese I am going to have a quick look.
    Well if he's that particular about his diet and eating habits, what in the flying fuck is he doing at McDonald's in the first place?
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:01 PM
    Liked 6,708 Times in 3,727 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Menlow View Post
    Call me cautious, but if I had severe reactions to cheese, I might lift the bun up and double check rather than put my life in the hands of the guys making minimum wage at Mickey D's.

But that's just me.
    hell i dislike onions and flip the bun to make sure they didn't include them. Just common sense if you're allergic - it isn't like you wouldn't notice cheese.

That said I don't think this lawsuit is as silly as some others I've heard but really wonder why this thing ever needed to see the courts. I think the biggest mistake McDonalds made was only offering to pay for half the medical bills. What the hell were they thinking? You pay the few hundred bucks, give the guy some free burgers coupons (without cheese of course) and throw in an autographed photo of Grimmace and the Hamburgler for god's sake. You do not give them any reason to see a lawyer. Now this is gonna cost them a pile of money.
    Last edited by It's Mike; 08.11.07 at 10:50 AM.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Feels So Good (deal with it...
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 426 Times in 228 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Well if he's that particular about his diet and eating habits, what in the flying fuck is he doing at McDonald's in the first place?
    Great point!!! I have saved my sanity (and health) by finding a McDonald's in my city that is in the food court of a mall. That way when my 4 year old son wants his grilled cheese happy meal, I can get something healthy. Everyone's happy. Once a month I seem to forget how awful the McDonald's food makes me feel and I order up a 1/4 pounder. Within half an hour it feels like there is a brick pushing down on my colon!
    Signature not currently available. You aren't missing much.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/5150
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/BoBW
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 05:17 PM
    Liked 76 Times in 30 Posts

They FUCK YOU at the drive-thru, okay? They FUCK YOU at the drive-thru! They know you're gonna be miles away before you find out you got fucked! They know you're not gonna turn around and go back, they don't care. So who gets fucked? Ol' Leo Getz! Okay, sure! I don't give a fuck! I'm not eating this tuna, okay?
    A little more volume in the headphones please.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 12:07 AM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Menlow View Post

But that's just me.
    Common sense clearly isnt this guys strong point.

Imagine living a life where a SLICE OF CHEESE can fuck you up? That's gotta mess with your head a bit.

'Want some of my nachos'
    'Your trying to KILL ME. Fucking MURDERER! *scream* *Stabstabstab*
    'It was self defence your honour. He had nachos.'
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

damn Goo

And yeah that guy is a fucking douche

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

If this guy is actually allergic to cheese, then a McDonald's hamburger shouldn't have an effect on him at all, because that shit ain't cheese.

There's more vegetable oil in that shit than dairy products. And if he's allergic to vegetable oil, then he can't eat the fries either.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

Dave - WACF, Sam - FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight, Dream is Over
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 09:23 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

And how about his mother and friend, who have joined in the lawsuit because the "RISKED THEIR LIVES" driving him to the hospital?

Sad part is, I can see these three winning, and getting the full $10 million.
    If it's BROWN, flush it DOWN.

GO STEELERS!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Shit, if this guy wins maybe FORD can sue Van Halen for the Sammy era. It's cheese related, right?
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300