Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    03.29.00
    Location
    Houston, TX USA (home) and Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    128
    Last Online

    11.17.11 @ 09:13 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default NY Post Page Six scoop

    A friend who knows I love VH and reads the journalistically underwhelming NY Post told me about this. I don't think anyone brought it up yet.

    "August 10, 2007 -- Halen officially announces the group's big reunion Monday, and promoters are keeping their fingers crossed that habitually warring Eddie Van Halen and David Lee Roth can remain civil to each other long enough to complete a 50-show tour. Journalists at the press conference at the Four Seasons in L.A. will no doubt be studying the body language of Eddie and Diamond Dave, as well as band members Alex and Wolfgang Van Halen (Eddie's teenage son, who replaces Michael Anthony). While promoter Live Nation has not announced New York dates, The Post's Dan Aquilante expects the band here in early October, when it will still be warm enough for a Giants Stadium gig. The tour was set to start last spring, but then Eddie checked himself into rehab for alcohol abuse. When the feud was at its angriest years ago, Roth was replaced by Sammy Hagar. If the reformed band survives without eruptions, they could earn as much as $70 million on the U.S. leg alone."

    http://www.nypost.com/seven/08102007...n_pagesix_.htm

  2. #2
    Eruption Fair Warning Rocks!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    04.02.04
    Posts
    707
    Last Online

    07.22.12 @ 06:44 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Stadium?!?

  3. #3
    Hot For Teacher
    Join Date
    09.05.03
    Posts
    291
    Last Online

    06.27.12 @ 07:59 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I read that too. Unfortunately, I think the whole Giants Stadium part is just a hunch of one of their writers. Hope I'm wrong.

    Also, as much as I think this tour will do better than some, I'd be shocked if they played football stadiums. But if they could pull it off, it would have to be in a heavily populated area like this one.

  4. #4
    Hot For Teacher
    Join Date
    09.05.03
    Posts
    291
    Last Online

    06.27.12 @ 07:59 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by George M View Post
    A friend who knows I love VH and reads the journalistically underwhelming NY Post told me about this. I don't think anyone brought it up yet.

    "August 10, 2007 -- Halen officially announces the group's big reunion Monday, and promoters are keeping their fingers crossed that habitually warring Eddie Van Halen and David Lee Roth can remain civil to each other long enough to complete a 50-show tour. Journalists at the press conference at the Four Seasons in L.A. will no doubt be studying the body language of Eddie and Diamond Dave, as well as band members Alex and Wolfgang Van Halen (Eddie's teenage son, who replaces Michael Anthony). While promoter Live Nation has not announced New York dates, The Post's Dan Aquilante expects the band here in early October, when it will still be warm enough for a Giants Stadium gig. The tour was set to start last spring, but then Eddie checked himself into rehab for alcohol abuse. When the feud was at its angriest years ago, Roth was replaced by Sammy Hagar. If the reformed band survives without eruptions, they could earn as much as $70 million on the U.S. leg alone."

    http://www.nypost.com/seven/08102007...n_pagesix_.htm
    And yes, the Post is quite underwhelming.

  5. #5
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    03.29.00
    Location
    Houston, TX USA (home) and Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    128
    Last Online

    11.17.11 @ 09:13 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Yeah. Well the Post isn't exactly the NY Times. I doubt they checked with 3 sources before saying VH was going to show up at Giants Stadium.

    It sure would be fun if they played Giants stadium though. Count me in if they do. And as you said, it would have to be in big markets like NYC.

  6. #6
    Atomic Punk TheresOnlyOneWay's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.13.04
    Location
    Avengers Tower
    Posts
    10,149
    Favorite VH Album

    Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

    Different Devil
    Last Online

    11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by George M View Post
    It sure would be fun if they played Giants stadium though.
    It'd be nice if a football team used that stadium someday.



    And...closing.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

    Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

    A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

    Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

  7. #7
    Hot For Teacher Polo Muncher's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.10.07
    Location
    Birmingham/Edinburgh United Kingdom
    Posts
    248
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    04.15.14 @ 03:36 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    if they came over to the UK they could easily sell out Wembely Stadium no problem.

    We havent seen any form of Van Halen over here in well over ten years.

  8. #8
    Atomic Punk chefcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.01.02
    Location
    A Confederacy of Dunces
    Posts
    19,370
    Last Online

    03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Hey George!

    Great to see you around here again.

    Check your PM, friend.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

  9. #9
    Hot For Teacher
    Join Date
    09.05.03
    Posts
    291
    Last Online

    06.27.12 @ 07:59 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by George M View Post
    Yeah. Well the Post isn't exactly the NY Times. I doubt they checked with 3 sources before saying VH was going to show up at Giants Stadium.

    It sure would be fun if they played Giants stadium though. Count me in if they do. And as you said, it would have to be in big markets like NYC.
    Yeah, i'd love it if they could play Giants stadium, but i think i'd still prefer the Garden.

  10. #10
    Sinner's Swing! jimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.06.99
    Age
    45
    Location
    Dusty Mexican Border Lounge
    Posts
    3,619
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

    04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I can't imagine seeing VH in a stadium.....that would so fuckin' suck.

    After spending the past 5 years of my life following an Indpendent band from AZ that only plays bars and small clubs....I'm going to have a hard time enjoying myself in these larger facilities.....
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

  11. #11
    Hang 'Em High Reckless Fable's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.30.02
    Age
    40
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    6,501
    Favorite VH Album

    All of them
    Favorite VH Song

    Girl Gone Bad, Hang 'em High
    Last Online

    11.28.17 @ 10:56 AM
    Likes
    2,246
    Liked 2,848 Times in 1,230 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by George M View Post
    Yeah. Well the Post isn't exactly the NY Times. I doubt they checked with 3 sources before saying VH was going to show up at Giants Stadium.

    It sure would be fun if they played Giants stadium though. Count me in if they do. And as you said, it would have to be in big markets like NYC.

    Good thing they aren't the Times. Ever heard of Jayson Blair?

  12. #12
    Atomic Punk chefcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.01.02
    Location
    A Confederacy of Dunces
    Posts
    19,370
    Last Online

    03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless Fable View Post
    Good thing they aren't the Times. Ever heard of Jayson Blair?
    Isn't that the guy that plagiarised a bunch of storie? Sort of like that guy named Glass...
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

  13. #13
    Hang 'Em High sickman's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.13.04
    Posts
    6,170
    Favorite VH Album

    Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

    Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 03:21 AM
    Likes
    548
    Liked 1,862 Times in 731 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    No way will they book a stadium. Even today Jim Koplick for Live Nation said on a radio interview that when VH does come to CT it will be at Mohegan Sun Arena which at capacity (behind the stage as well) holds 10,000 people. Take away the seats they usually don't sell at the back of the stage and it is more like 7500 seats. So if he is planning there than they know damn well that VH can't sell a stadium, much less the larger 16,000 seat capacity Hartford Civic Center.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

  14. #14
    Hang 'Em High Reckless Fable's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.30.02
    Age
    40
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    6,501
    Favorite VH Album

    All of them
    Favorite VH Song

    Girl Gone Bad, Hang 'em High
    Last Online

    11.28.17 @ 10:56 AM
    Likes
    2,246
    Liked 2,848 Times in 1,230 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Isn't that the guy that plagiarised a bunch of storie? Sort of like that guy named Glass...
    Yup! That's the guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jayson_Blair

    What's galling about him, is that after being caught redhanded and shamed, he went on to publish a memoir of his career at the Times called "Burning Down My Masters' House: My Life at the New York Times," pretty much blaming the whole thing on racism and, when it wasn't convenient enough to blame anyone else, on his bi-polar disorder.

  15. #15
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    05.28.00
    Location
    dirtland, usa
    Posts
    15,860
    Favorite VH Album

    the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

    hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 09:52 PM
    Likes
    236
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

    Default

    fuckin george!

    yer the man bro!

    knew you wouldn't stay away

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. I have a scoop!
    By leroy in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11.17.02, 02:51 AM
  2. Arrows to last post on main forums page
    By JWS_5150 in forum VHLinks Feedback & Troubleshooting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07.10.01, 09:27 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07.10.01, 07:49 PM
  4. Inside Scoop From W.B.
    By Claudio69 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 09.02.00, 09:54 AM
  5. Inside Scoop From W.B.
    By Claudio69 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08.29.00, 11:24 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •