Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VHII
    Favorite VH Song

Light up the Sky
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 07:01 PM
    Liked 191 Times in 96 Posts

Default vhlinks full of Van Halen Haters - WTF?

Most of you accepted Sammy into the group and still called it Van Halen, but bring back the original singer (many fans consider Van Halen Dave and Eddie's band), and remove the least important member (the bass player, and half of the back vocals) and its not Van Halen. What the fuck ?

I come here to get the latest info on the tour and news, but as soon as you find news, the thread is full of VH bashing. What use does fan of the band have for this site when every thread is hijacked by the bashers?
    ~ I like the way the line runs up the back of her stockings ~

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

02.26.17 @ 05:10 PM
    Liked 68 Times in 19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyBHarris View Post
    Most of you accepted Sammy into the group and still called it Van Halen, but bring back the original singer (many fans consider Van Halen Dave and Eddie's band), and remove the least important member (the bass player, and half of the back vocals) and its not Van Halen. What the fuck ?

I come here to get the latest info on the tour and news, but as soon as you find news, the thread is full of VH bashing. What use does fan of the band have for this site when every thread is hijacked by the bashers?
    a) it's a band...with 3 guys playing instruments...remove one of those guys and it's not the same band (doesn't help that he's probably the most loved member also)

b) replace this member with a member's kid with no experience (that compounds the hatred exponentially)

c) call it a "reunion" and people will start flipping out..

you see, people are pissed off because we finally get DLR back but now another guy is gone...

i'm sure you can appreciate the fuckin frustration
    let's be real...EVH was GOD

Runnin' might put too much focus on the fact that there's a little kid on bass - knuck

I see three bona fide ROCK GODS, and then somebody's kid. - CaboTime

Eruption
    Last Online

06.30.17 @ 01:26 AM
    Liked 131 Times in 74 Posts

d. he wants to play, has done nothing wrong, is a damned good bass player, excellent singer and a MAJOR part of their sound.

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I don't think anyone is against them calling themselves Van Halen.

It's the reunion phrase. It's not a fucking reunion!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elvhfan View Post
    a) it's a band...with 3 guys playing instruments...remove one of those guys and it's not the same band (doesn't help that he's probably the most loved member also)

b) replace this member with a member's kid with no experience (that compounds the hatred exponentially)

you see, people are pissed off because we finally get DLR back but now another guy is gone...

THANK YOU!
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VHII
    Favorite VH Song

Light up the Sky
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by elvhfan View Post

No I don't. Like I said, when Sammy came onboard everyone still called it VH. A change of a band member, the lead singer (one of the most distinguishing roles in the sound of the band) and its VH. BUT you replace the bass player (many know that Ed played bass on much of the studio material) and its not the same band. Doesn't make any sense.
    The most loved?? When I listen to VH I love the guitar, the vocals the drums, but the bass? Not seeing it.
    Last edited by ScottyBHarris; 08.07.07 at 10:59 AM.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VHII
    Favorite VH Song

Light up the Sky
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_R View Post

If they released new music, I doubt they will call the CD "Reunion", will it be called VH here at the links?

Was the '04 tour called a "reunion"?
    Last edited by ScottyBHarris; 08.07.07 at 11:11 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

No I don't. Like I said, when Sammy came onboard everyone still called it VH. A change of a band member, the lead singer (one of the most distinguishing roles in the sound of the band) and its VH. BUT you replace the bass player (many know that Ed played bass on much of the stuido material) and its not the same band. Doesn't make any sense.
    A band can withstand a singer change....Ed, Al, and Mike are the power behind the band....I don't care if people call it Van Halen....JUST DON'T CALL IT A FUCKING REUNION! Like somebody said above.....

It's not a fucking reunion...Dave is the only one back....it's a reunion between Ed Al and Dave....Wolfgang wasn't in the band 30 years ago...

Led Zeppelin is the only band that did the right thing.....one of their members died...and they stopped...and they have not toured since under the name Led Zeppelin....BUT if they did happen to tour with Jason Bonham on drums...and called it Led Zeppelin...it wouldn;t be as bad because.....JOHN BONHAM DIED! HE can't come back...he's not living down the road like Mike is from Eddie....John is GONE!....Mike is not!

Cream did it right as well....they were gone for 30 years and then in 2005 they said, "You know what...we're all getting older....we might not be around forever...we're lucky enough to still have our health and still be alive....so let's do it right...let's give the fans what they have been waiting for 30 years..."
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:33 PM
    Liked 11,543 Times in 4,918 Posts

I swear some of you just REFUSE to read. Yes it's still Van Halen! It's just not a Van Halen a lot of people want to see. Why can't you guys just get over that already!
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH1,FW,1984,5150,FUCK,ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

changes every week,love em all
    Last Online

12.15.16 @ 02:14 AM
    Liked 18 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_R View Post

I can't remember anyone from the Van Halen clan calling it a reunion!

It's all just your expectation, so don't blame it on them!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

02.26.17 @ 05:10 PM
    Liked 68 Times in 19 Posts

No I don't. Like I said, when Sammy came onboard everyone still called it VH. A change of a band member, the lead singer (one of the most distinguishing roles in the sound of the band) and its VH. BUT you replace the bass player (many know that Ed played bass on much of the studio material) and its not the same band. Doesn't make any sense.
    The most loved?? When I listen to VH I love the guitar, the vocals the drums, but the bass? Not seeing it.
    ok, then there's no point in explaining it to you further... nah, i'll try...

hagar came on board after DLR quit the band...MA was ousted for no reason, even after that disgrace of a 2004 tour where he had to sign away pretty much everything to even go out on that tour, and hagar even had to threaten not doing it without mike...
    let's be real...EVH was GOD

Runnin' might put too much focus on the fact that there's a little kid on bass - knuck

I see three bona fide ROCK GODS, and then somebody's kid. - CaboTime

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Yeah and John Paul Jones really tore it up on bass as well........he could have been replaced easily...but he is part of the music...he played on those tracks and was part of the band....turn down the bass on any VH track or any song for that matter and the tracks sound less full....Mikey played and was part of the band for 30 years....

Last Online

11.22.07 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Speaking only for myself, I'm not losing sleep over this fiasco no matter which way it turns. The inter-personal shit that goes on between the band is beyond my control and the most I can do is be amused at every little turn this ongoing soap opera takes. I've said this many times that anyone who didn't see Mike getting kicked out of the band at some point is clueless.

If I was as truly emotioning invested and pissed right now as some people seem to be regarding the bullshit between Eddie and Mike, I wouldn't bother impotently venting day after day on a VH fan site. I'd be over it around day 2 and focus on any one of hundreds of more stable bands out there. Fuck it, let the people who actually find something positive about the current situation with the band enjoy their moment.

I'm going to go see the tour simply because I want to hear the classic Roth era tunes live again plus the added drama of whether it'll be a trainwreck or not beats just about any other band currently touring at the moment.

T.B.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VHII
    Favorite VH Song

Light up the Sky
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by EvH_316_5150 View Post
    Yeah and John Paul Jones really tore it up on bass as well........he could have been replaced easily...but he is part of the music...he played on those tracks and was part of the band....turn down the bass on any VH track or any song for that matter and the tracks sound less full....Mikey played and was part of the band for 30 years....
    John Paul Jones was 3 times the bass player MA is. JPJ also played keys and other instruments on the albums.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:33 PM
    Liked 11,543 Times in 4,918 Posts

Whatever, if the only argument people have against Mike is not he's not a good player anyway, I say this:

1. You are wrong.
    2. Who cares how he plays anyway, he's a 30+ year member who paid his dues.
    3. He worked every bit as hard as Ed, Al, and Dave to "make it."
    5. He is without a doubt, the most fan-friendly, approachable, decent person in this band.
    6. He's proven time and time again he's the only one who actually cares about the fans.

Want more reasons why this thing is a sham?
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!