Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:12 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Default Community livid after 'good kids' executed at school

Community livid after 'good kids' executed at school
    Killings bring Newark murder rate to 60 this year, up 50 percent since 1998

Families: Delaware State students kept away from booze, drugs, gangs

NEWARK, New Jersey (AP) -- They were on the cusp of adulthood: four friends who made music together and were preparing to return to the college where their friendship had blossomed.

An apparent robbery attempt by several assailants made the four the latest victims in this city where the murder rate has risen 50 percent since 1998.

Police said three were forced to kneel against a wall and shot at close range; a fourth was wounded.

The killings bring Newark's murder total for the year to 60, and put pressure on Mayor Cory A. Booker, who campaigned last year on a promise of reducing crime.

"He doesn't deserve another day, another second, while our children are at stake," Donna Jackson, president of the community-based Take Back Our Streets organization, said Monday at a news conference in front of City Hall.

"Anyone who has children in the city is in panic mode. It takes something like this for people to open up their eyes and understand that not every person killed in Newark is a drug dealer." View photos of the slain college students »

At a news conference, Booker said it was a time for unity and "not a time to play politics and divide our city."

Killed were Terrance Aeriel, 18, Iofemi Hightower, 20, and Dashon Harvey, 20. Aeriel's 19-year-old sister, Natasha, was listed in fair condition at Newark's University Hospital after being shot in the head. She was found about 30 feet from her friends, slumped near some bleachers.

Authorities were assembling details of the crime from witnesses including Natasha Aeriel, but had not made any arrests by late Monday night.

The four lived in Newark and were to attend Delaware State University this fall. None had criminal records, according to authorities, and relatives and neighbors said they were not involved in drinking, drugs or gangs.

"They were good kids," Essex County Prosecutor Paula Dow said.

Several law enforcement groups offered a reward of more than $50,000 for information leading to the arrest of those involved, Booker said.

"I'm very angry because they were good kids with bright futures," Hightower's mother, Shalga, said Monday. "They didn't deserve it. My daughter was a very sweet, loving young lady who would help anybody in need."

Hightower and the Aeriels had been friends since elementary school and played in the marching band at West Side High School. Terrance Aeriel, known as T.J., took Hightower to the school prom in 2006, chauffeured by his sister. He also worked with kids at a teen center in Newark's Vailsburg section. Watch a cousin explain how T.J. used to get excited about Bible study »

At Delaware State they met Harvey, also a musician, and struck up a friendship. When in Newark, they liked to go to the elementary school, which sits in a middle-class neighborhood less than a mile from the campus of Seton Hall University, to hang out and listen to music.

Harvey's page on MySpace.com was filled with messages from friends on Monday. He described himself as a sometime runway model whose heroes were Superman and Dr. Martin Luther King "and last but not least, My DAD." He planned to graduate from Delaware State in 2009 with a degree in psychology.

His peers elected him the school's Mr. Junior, part of DSU's homecoming court.

Harvey's father, James, a former city water department employee, focused blame Monday on the parents of the assailants.

"If you raised your kids better, this would not happen," he said.

Natasha Aeriel was a junior majoring in biology who played alto saxophone in the school's marching band, according to university spokesman Carlos Holmes.

Terrence Aeriel was studying business management and wasn't enrolled last spring, but had re-enrolled for the fall. He played baritone sax and attended Delaware State's band camp last summer.

Hightower worked two jobs and enrolled at the school recently. One of her jobs was at Brighton Gardens, an assisted living center in nearby West Orange, where her mother also worked.

On the afternoon of the killings, Iofemi told her mother she planned to spend the night at Natasha Aeriel's house near the school.

"The last time I heard her voice was Saturday night," Hightower said between sobs. "She called me from work to let me know Natasha was going to pick her up and she was going to spend the night. She told me she loved me."

The Aeriels' mother, Renee Tucker, said the last time she saw them was around 10:30 p.m. Saturday, when they told her they were going around the corner to get something to eat.

"They said they were going to come right back to the house," Tucker said.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

A fuckin' shame! How sad.
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Feels So Good (deal with it...
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:21 AM
    Liked 426 Times in 228 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I don't know why I am still shocked by this type of news....but I am!
    Signature not currently available. You aren't missing much.

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

This is just heart-breaking and very frightening. Gotta feel gutted for those families.
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 788 Times in 378 Posts

Premium Member

Is this piece of shit in this country illegally?
    And apparently several others were also involved in these executions of those young american boys.

Fuck you Jose Carranza.

Build a well fortified wall between us and them already.

Get the fuck out!
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Premium Member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20196037/
    Suspect had prior arrests

Carranza had at least three prior arrests and was facing an aggravated assault charge in a separate case at the time of the killings, Booker said.

According to court records obtained by The Star-Ledger of Newark, Carranza was indicted twice this year — in April on aggravated assault and weapons charges and in July on 31 counts including aggravated sexual assault of a child younger than 13. He was free on bail on the indictments.

The four victims, friends ages 18 to 20 who were planning to attend Delaware State University this fall, were shot while visiting in a schoolyard not far from their homes Saturday night.

Terrance Aeriel, 18, Dashon Harvey, 20, and Iofemi Hightower, 20, were forced to kneel against a wall and were shot at close range. The fourth victim, 19-year-old Natasha Aeriel, Terrance Aeriel’s sister, survived a wound to her head and is hospitalized. Natasha Aeriel was able to help authorities identify the suspects, the mayor said.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't find anything on the status of Carranza's U.S. citizenship.
    They say again and again in these news stories that the teen was a U.S. citizen, but the won't say the kids name obviously because of his age.

This Carranza though. They list his rap sheet and some other info, but the news outlets seem to be staying away from the U.S. citizenship topic like the plague with him.
    They were probably asked by police to not state his illegal status out of concern for possible reprisals in the Newark community and beyond.

These executions are such a terrible thing that's happened.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.16.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

You see, this is why we should hate minorities.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

And these fuckers can just come on in, get work, pay no tax, kill our kids, and we, as in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, don't make these shitfumes, learn the English Language, but we had better know theirs........

Maybe Roger Waters was right when he asked the question, "How do I finish the wall........"

HH <----Believes in the land of the free, freedom and all that shit, but GDI something's gotta give AMERICA!!----------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rockygotfingered View Post
    You see, this is why we should hate minorities.
    You're kidding... correct?
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Halen View Post

And these fuckers can just come on in, get work, pay no tax, kill our kids, and we, as in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, don't make these shitfumes, learn the English Language, but we had better know theirs........

Maybe Roger Waters was right when he asked the question, "How do I finish the wall........"

HH <----Believes in the land of the free, freedom and all that shit, but GDI something's gotta give AMERICA!!----------
    I'm right there with ya, HH. There are way too many problems in the good ol' US of A. Well maybe I shouldn't say "problems" but there are things that need to be improved and retooled. And we, as citizens, need to stop getting fucked by our own government.
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Premium Member

COME ONE. COME ALL.

Just as we figured.

Suspect in Student Killings Is Illegal, Charged in Rape
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,292717,00.html

NEWARK, N.J. — A Peruvian national in the U.S. illegally and who was previously charged with raping a 5-year-old girl pleaded not guilty Friday in the execution-style slayings of three young college students, a day after he surrendered to the Newark mayor.

Jose Carranza, 28, aka Jose La Chira, entered his plea before Essex County Superior Court Judge Michael Casale. A second suspect, a 15-year-old boy, has been held pending a detention hearing, and authorities said more arrests were "imminent."

Carranza, of Peru, was being held on $1 million bail. He turned himself in to Newark Mayor Cory Booker after his fingerprints were lifted from a bottle in connection with the shootings of four college students on Saturday. Three were killed but a fourth survived and was hospitalized after the shootings in a Newark schoolyard.

FOX News has learned Carranza, who has a fake Social Security number, had been arrested on charges of raping a 5-year-old girl and then threatening the child and her parents. In that case he faced a 31-count indictment.

In another, he was arrested on assault charges stemming from a bar fight.

Immigration officials apparently were aware of Carranza's illegal status since his prior arrests, according to Essex County Sheriff Armando Fontoura.

----------------------------

How long will we just sit around shaking our heads about this sort of thing while U.S. immigration laws kill innocent american citizens?
    The U.S. government and the american people are as responsible for the horrible deaths of those kids as that monster Carranza and his pals.
    This should have never happened and was completely avoidable. Something must be done NOW.
    Last edited by Wruff_ajax; 08.10.07 at 11:53 AM.