Favorite VH Album

1 thru Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

05.07.15 @ 12:27 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Michael Anthony WILL be!!!!!!!!!!

Singing Background Vocals on the Van Halen 2007-08 tour!

So for those of you who were ready to throw Michael under the first tour bus that passed, and were " glad you didn't have to hear him sing anymore", Go fuck yourselves!!! You know who you were!!!! Anyways.... Sampled from the CVH masters, Mike's Vocals will be piped in!!! Guess they didn't need him after all!!! Wouldn't supprise me if they did the same with the bass tracks!!! Millie Van Wolife??? Anyways... yea... that's REALLY LAME!!!!
    The Pumpkinhead!

"After three decades you still don't get the fact that VH the band was greater than the sum of all of its parts -- and those parts fit perfectly together, especially in the CVH lineup." - Delighted Romeo, Hit the nail right on the God Damn Head!!!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

??

Last Online

11.22.07 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkinhead View Post

So for those of you who were ready to throw Michael under the first tour bus that passed, and were " glad you didn't have to hear him sing anymore", Go fuck yourselves!!! You know who you were!!!! Anyways.... Sampled from the CVH masters, Mike's Vocals will be piped in!!! Guess they didn't need him after all!!! Wouldn't supprise me if they did the same with the bass tracks!!! Millie Van Wolife??? Anyways... yea... that's REALLY LAME!!!!
    Heh, good ol' Pun'kindome. Raging at 3am.

Seriously, before some psycho here starts screaming for your blood, you'll probably want to divulge a bit more how you're coming up with this information.

T.B.

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.29.17 @ 01:23 AM
    Liked 57 Times in 23 Posts

They also plan to play a couple of Hagar era tunes and will pipe in Sammy's vocals for that.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leroy View Post
    They also plan to play a couple of Hagar era tunes and will pipe in Sammy's vocals for that.
    Don't say "pipe" around Eddie...
    Posted from yo' mama's house.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.16.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

Anybody ever listen to indie rock? I hate that stuff.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

1 thru Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

05.07.15 @ 12:27 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypso View Post
    Heh, good ol' Pun'kindome. Raging at 3am.

Seriously, before some psycho here starts screaming for your blood, you'll probably want to divulge a bit more how you're coming up with this information.

T.B.
    While I worked in the music business, I made a LOT of friends, most of which STILL work in the business. I was a roadie/Stagehand for The Stones, Skynard, Goo Goo Dolls, Live, The Wallflowers, Poison, ect... Most people that actually work in the business KNOW what's going on most of the time. I trust my friends, I just usually don't post shit that I know due to the fact that info that might be rock solid when you got it, could be complete bullshit by the next day! Guys on here like Venom Thrust will tell you that. So, yes, from what I hear this tour is moving foward, and they play to use MA's sampled vocals. I think that's fucking lame!
    The Pumpkinhead!

"After three decades you still don't get the fact that VH the band was greater than the sum of all of its parts -- and those parts fit perfectly together, especially in the CVH lineup." - Delighted Romeo, Hit the nail right on the God Damn Head!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A or I'm The One
    Last Online

07.12.15 @ 04:46 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 9 Posts

LOL

Not to say I don't believe it, but how could a band as "loose" live as Van Halen use sampled background vocals and have it even come close to being at the right place at the right time in the right tempo?
    What once upon a time made Van Halen unique in the progression of metal and hard rock (besides Eddie’s prowess as a guitarist) was its sense of fun, its willingness to be not just over the top, but weird.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

So, yes, from what I hear this tour is moving foward,
    Wonderful news and I still cannot wait for the "official" word.

and they play to use MA's sampled vocals.
    Cool. Not that I give a shit cos I'm planning on attending at least two shows regardless. However, if the sampled backing vox is a possibility, now the peeps who have been crying about them (backing vocals) lacking during the shows no longer have to worry. It's a win win situation, no? Let's also include the fact that there will not be a bass solo consisting of the bassist jumping up and down on his bass makes it even better!!!

Thanks for the update.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Down the Drain View Post
    LOL

Not to say I don't believe it, but how could a band as "loose" live as Van Halen use sampled background vocals and have it even come close to being at the right place at the right time in the right tempo?
    What's the difference when/if the keyboards will also be sampled?
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' with the Devil
    Last Online

10.15.11 @ 03:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ABSOLUTELY LAME! It would be one thing if MA was dead -- piping-in his vocals would be justified.
    DLR, circa 2001:

"Hey this is David Lee Roth and I promised you the news and here's the news.

About a year ago myself and the great Van Halen band played together once or twice and it sounded amazing!

In the following several months Edward and I, Edward Van Halen and me, David Lee Roth, created some of the most amazing, phenomenal - the hands fell off the clock ladies and gentleman and we wrote three astonishing tunes.

That was last July (2000) and since then I haven't been up to the studio, we haven't really been in touch and we haven't made any music, but I am holding forth, I'm in the shape of my life and I got the high note - I'm ready to go.

And I am positive for the future ladies and gentleman.

Stay tuned and I'll tell you what the future brings..."

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Well that's it for me. The vast nothing-ness of the Links' Main just saw the straw that broke the camel's back (for me, anyway). I have no doubt that stuff with VH is in the works; all evidence points to them getting a tour together for fall. But the speculative trip that has become each and every thread here in Main ain't worth the bandwidth it consumes, and my posts in response only grow more cynical and sarcastic (in addition to growing fewer and farther between). Tidbits from insiders invoke the slightest sense of curiosity, but I'm by no means Jonesin' for info before the fact; official word is all I give a shit about. And even then it's still just words--and the real story (or stories) will come with actual activity by the band, whatever the lineup. I have officially become apathetic.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

I\'m the one
    Last Online

09.13.08 @ 09:43 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ou812max View Post
    What's the difference when/if the keyboards will also be sampled?
    When the keys are sampled, they are still audible through the whole song, allowing the band to play with the keys and maintain the correct tempo.

IF the bg. vocals were sampled, there would be long silent gaps between voc. lines, and the band would most likely be off-time when the next bg. vocal line is due.

Allthough if Alex played to a clicktrack they could be able to pull it off.
    Non the less, not a very rock 'n roll -way to do it, and I doubt Al would enjoy playing a whole tour, every gig and every song to a clicktrack. Which makes me think this won't happen.
    Suomi Finland Perkele!!

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

10.06.12 @ 06:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Puh-lease.Like it's been said already,piping in vocals would be an extremely difficult thing to do in a live setting where tempos may be different and such.I think maybe that info was posted to get a negative reaction by someone who has worked for MA in the past.
    Originally Posted by vanzefflin
    This configuration cancels noise or cyclical hum. Hence, the name humbucker. It bucks hum.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you want to strongly emphasize a sentence, either because it’s emphatic or humorous, you may sparingly use a exclamation point. But use it sparingly! It’s supposed to express strong emotion. Don’t use more than one at the end of a sentence, unless you’re a strongly-emotional fourteen-year-old girl writing on MySpace.

Much better: use exclamation points no more than once per page. Like the boy who cried Wolfie so often that nobody believed him when he saw the Real Wolfie, you don’t want to become known as the writer who cried Exclamation when there wasn’t really anything worth crying about.