Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pathetic

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Default Pathetic

I can't believe all you whiners got Van Squalen banned. I think Brett succumbed to the pressure of the posters and really didn't want to do it. He could've done it a while ago if he really wanted to. I don't blame Brett at all. He did what he felt best for the site. Maybe Van Squalen even requested it, he's a stand up guy.

I also thought of Van Squalen as the VHLinks watchdog or something. He patrolled the site and kept the scum from the Army at arms length. Maybe there are others that do it or think they do but VS did it with more zest than anyone.

I was probably his first combatant and I'm still here to talk about it. I don't think anyone went more rounds with him than me. It was so long ago that most probably don't even remember. It ain't so bad ladies and gentlemen. We weren't exactly buddies but we aren't enemies either. It's a message board for a band that doesn't give a shit for their fans.

I found many of his posts insightful and humorous. This site has lost a good poster. He contributed plenty, I can think of many other posters both regulars and fly by nighters who I wish would take a hike or be shown the door.

Pathetic.
    Last edited by Bob_R; 08.02.07 at 05:50 PM. Reason: ....

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:24 AM
    Liked 11,543 Times in 4,918 Posts

VS is only temporarily banned, and he put a personal ban on himself. I don't have the same issues everyone else does with VS, and I didn't agree exactly how this all went down, but I think the break did everyone good. I don't want him gone from the site and when he comes back, we all can learn to respect each other a bit more.

Believe me there is a large list of people I would like to see shown the door a lot more than VS. But my hands were tied in this sitaution and it was unfortunate. But VS can come back.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_R View Post
    I can't believe all you whiners got Van Squalen banned. I think Brett succumbed to the pressure of the posters and really didn't want to do it. He could've done it a while ago if he really wanted to. I don't blame Brett at all. He did what he felt best for the site. Maybe Van Squalen even requested it, he's a stand up guy.

I also thought of Van Squalen as the VHLinks watchdog or something. He patrolled the site and kept the scum from the Army at arms length. Maybe there are others that do it or think they do but VS did it with more zest than anyone.

I was probably his first combatant and I'm still here to talk about it. I don't think anyone went more rounds with him than me. It was so long ago that most probably don't even remember. It ain't so bad ladies and gentlemen. We weren't exactly buddies but we aren't enemies either. It's a message board for a band that doesn't give a shit for their fans.

I found many of his posts insightful and humorous. This site has lost a good poster. He contributed plenty, I can think of many other posters both regulars and fly by nighters who I wish would take a hike or be shown the door.

Pathetic.
    Pathetic? Hardly.

I for one was very outspoken on VS's tactics. I jumped into the fray as an innocent bystander with no previous axe to grind with VS. I felt my opinion would offer VS some constructive criticism regarding his treatment of others. To keep this short and sweet, yes VS has provided many insightful and humorous posts in the past (and I'm sure he will do so again in the future) but he also took to "policing" people here in a rude and arrogant fashion which was just wrong and quite simply not his place. There were times that I felt his posts were making this place seem as if it were an annex of the Roth Army (and nobody wants or needs that).

As Brett has pointed out we should all be able to be respectful of one another even during our disagreements. This board is the most outstanding VH based board on the internet and I for one hope it remains that way. VS will be back and hopefully with a little perspective towards how he was taking the fun out of the board for some while trying to do the right thing and keep the riff raff out. His intentions were good, he just took it too far.
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:24 AM
    Liked 11,543 Times in 4,918 Posts

I say this in his defense, because I have been there...not on this board of course. But when there's a large contingent ganging up on you, you tend to get pretty angry and certainly aren't going to be that respectful. It's human nature. You push someone in a corner, they're going to come out swinging. And I think that happened to VS many times.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

Pathetic.
    Well said Bob_R

Glad to hear that he can come back.
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Last Online

11.22.07 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by atomicpunk5150 View Post
    Pathetic? Hardly.

I for one was very outspoken on VS's tactics. I jumped into the fray as an innocent bystander with no previous axe to grind with VS. I felt my opinion would offer VS some constructive criticism regarding his treatment of others. To keep this short and sweet, yes VS has provided many insightful and humorous posts in the past (and I'm sure he will do so again in the future) but he also took to "policing" people here in a rude and arrogant fashion which was just wrong and quite simply not his place. There were times that I felt his posts were making this place seem as if it were an annex of the Roth Army (and nobody wants or needs that).

As Brett has pointed out we should all be able to be respectful of one another even during our disagreements. This board is the most outstanding VH based board on the internet and I for one hope it remains that way. VS will be back and hopefully with a little perspective towards how he was taking the fun out of the board for some while trying to do the right thing and keep the riff raff out. His intentions were good, he just took it too far.
    I agree with a lot of what you say here. From my perspective, VS could and often did make very reasoned, valuable comments but it simply seemed he took it upon himself to be the board bulldog which almost always caused more friction than accomplishing anything positive, plus it often undermined and buried any possible constructive, intelligent comments he would make. The thing is, he's not a moderator, and addressing abusive posters should strictly be the mod's job, not any ol' member with an attitude. It's very telling that this board, even on the VH-related threads is running fairly civil right now, moreso than it has in a long time, imo.

T.B.

Sinner's Swing! the_atomic_punks_rule's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

12.20.16 @ 03:09 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Believe me there is a large list of people I would like to see shown the door a lot more than VS.
    How about a Top 10 list????

Sinner's Swing! the_atomic_punks_rule's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

12.20.16 @ 03:09 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Pathetic.

You know what is pathetic...whining about some dude in some forum, then debating whether said dude is or isn't ruining said forum...and what is even more ridiculous is complaining about said dude being removed, either temporarily or not, willingly or not, in the said forum.

Yes, I know how hypocritical it is for this dude, in this forum, to complain about the dude that is complaining about how the other dude is being treated in this forum.

This place has taken a serious turn into the shitter.

Its just a band folks.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

Default VS MUST GO!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

I've seen VS get called out many a time around this place. He defended his views and responded to the idiotic posts that popped up. And there were a lot! To say that this place is more civil since he's been gone is ridiculous. The name calling crap still goes on. Same crap. Different day.

Now he's got his own thread? How cute. I think he'd find this amusing.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by smithjc View Post
    I've seen VS get called out many a time around this place. He defended his views and responded to the idiotic posts that popped up. And there were a lot! To say that this place is more civil since he's been gone is ridiculous. The name calling crap still goes on. Same crap. Different day.

Now he's got his own thread? How cute. I think he'd find this amusing.
    He DOES find this thread amusing.
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

I knew it. (hi VS)

J/K of course.

Almost forgot - miss ya bud!! Come back soon puddin'.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.29.16 @ 07:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just woke up from a self-induced coma...what the hell did I miss?
    A liar sucks way more than any asshole. Trust me...I'd know. I'm an asshole and that's not a lie.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

Back to sleep you go. Nothing to see here.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Break times over dude....

The army fucking bombarded the place...j/k...

Maybe..