Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Thousands Mourn Deadly Home Invasion Victims in Connecticut

NEW BRITAIN, Conn. — Thousands of friends and strangers crowded a memorial service Saturday for a slain Cheshire mother and her two daughters, many breaking down in tears as the lone survivor of the attacks eulogized his family.

Dr. William Petit Jr. still bore the bruises, gashes and other injuries inflicted by the attackers who killed his 48-year-old wife, Jennifer Hawke-Petit, and daughters, 17-year-old Hayley and 11-year-old Michaela, during a home invasion early Monday.

Two parolees are charged with capital felony, assault, arson, sexual assault and numerous other crimes in the homicides.

Full Article Here
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:07 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

OMG!!! I just do not understand the human race. Why do we do this kind of shit to ther people? How can someone have so little respect for another human life?

Its stuff like this that makes me want to move deep into the mountains and never see another soul.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Good Enough Tropical Storm Tracey's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Do I really have to pick???
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

11.18.17 @ 07:19 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 7 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by OLO View Post
    OMG!!! I just do not understand the human race. Why do we do this kind of shit to ther people? How can someone have so little respect for another human life?

Its stuff like this that makes me want to move deep into the mountains and never see another soul.
    I know it's just sickening. It makes me worry about my children when they are not with me.

However OLO-they will find you if it's meant to be unfortunately...remember Ruby Ridge?

TST<------maybe he shoulda stayed there and not started some crap in town-------------

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

This is a perfect example of why parole should not be granted to convicted felons.

RIP.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 10:42 AM
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical Storm Tracey View Post
    I know it's just sickening. It makes me worry about my children when they are not with me.

However OLO-they will find you if it's meant to be unfortunately...remember Ruby Ridge?

TST<------maybe he shoulda stayed there and not started some crap in town-------------
    Remember TST, we saw this on the news the other morning, right after it happened.

Anyways, I'm for the Old West Cowboy way of Judge and Jury. If you are guilty, without the shadow of a doubt, HANG YOU WILL BY THE GALLO's POLL.

I am so sick and tired of the thugs, rapist, murders...etc of this country and world for that matter, getting the "red carpet" rolled out for them. Some people do reform from jail, most do not!!!

HH <-----GET A FUCKING ROPE PEOPLE and HUNT EM DOWN---------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Halen View Post
    Some people do reform from jail, most do not!!!
    Which, IMHO, means there's something wrong with our penal system. A man is supposed to go to jail to get reformed.
    Why spend thousands and thousands of taxpayer dollars to feed and clothe and shelter a man for years and years only to make him a more dangerous person when you let him go?
    A man who goes to jail should get whatever he needs to ensure that he doesn't need to be a dangerous criminal again; whether that's psychotherapy or education, or maybe just some honest work and discipline so that he acquires a higher standard of behavior for himself. I'd spend my tax dollars on that.
    But if you're just going to throw him in the snake pit and shit on him for tewnty years and then turn him loose on society again, you might as well save your time and money and just shoot him.

Best wishes to what's left of the Petit family. Don't let the bastards keep you down.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Since my former lead singer is doing life in prison for Murder-1, I have some insight into prison life (at least for him).

He's in Oklahoma, his prison has air conditioning in the work and classroom areas only. This is to encourage the inmates to get out of their cells and do something. My old lead singer teaches English to other inmates so that they can get their GEDs, they also make furnature for schools and government offices.

Do all of the inmates take part in rehabilitation programs? No. Needless to say, these guys are going to be the repeat offenders.

Every state has a different prison system and some are better than others. In Federal Prision, inmates are afforded the opportunity to get their college degrees in a variety of subjects.

In the end, it boils down to the individual as to weather they take advantage of the programs in prison.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
    In the end, it boils down to the individual as to weather they take advantage of the programs in prison.
    That's a good point. I guess it's true about life outside of prison, too. A person almost always has the choice of whether to do the next right thing or the next wrong thing.

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 10:40 AM
    Liked 1,325 Times in 796 Posts

The Naional Media has been strangley not giving this story much attention..... Lindsey Lohan "entertainemnt" coverage is more politically corrent, eh?

~~8 U.S.C. § 1182(f)~~

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member

This is another reason why I'm all about killing people that need to be killed. I think Huricane Halen said it best about the old west way of doing things.
    I could on and on about this shit. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by smithjc View Post
    This is a perfect example of why parole should not be granted to convicted felons.

RIP.
    Well we couldn't have that. My god that's not the way the court system and liberals want to deal with things. "Everyone has rights..... even the criminals." Fuck that shit. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

This horrible tragedy happened in the town next to me. It's been the biggest topic of conversation around here this past week. And everyone that I've talked to about this agrees that the scumbags perpetrators should be killed.
    And I agree with the old west way of thinking --always have-- if you take a life your life is taken (in most cases). It seems to me that the majority of people agree with this viewpoint.
    These 2 shitheads had very long lists of prior convictions, but let's put them back out in society and see how they behave. Great system we have here. One guy on the news was saying that we need to have parole and probabation because we don't have enough prisons to house the criminals. Well can't we build more?
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    This horrible tragedy happened in the town next to me. It's been the biggest topic of conversation around here this past week. And everyone that I've talked to about this agrees that the scumbags perpetrators should be killed.
    And I agree with the old west way of thinking --always have-- if you take a life your life is taken (in most cases). It seems to me that the majority of people agree with this viewpoint.
    These 2 shitheads had very long lists of prior convictions, but let's put them back out in society and see how they behave. Great system we have here. One guy on the news was saying that we need to have parole and probabation because we don't have enough prisons to house the criminals. Well can't we build more?

We are building more prisons. America has a greater percentage of its population behind bars than any other nation. Do you feel safer?

As to the "life for a life" argument, you don't have to follow that one too far down the road before you see that it won't work. The problem is much more complicated than that.

I'm a tree-hugging, save-the-whales, tax-and-spend liberal Democrat, but I get along with conservatives pretty well since I try not to be too annoying about it. The only thing that I truly dislike about some conservative thinkers is the attitude that showing compassion for another human being is somehow unmanly. In my book, it's not.

I'm not so stupid as to defend the actions of the scumbags who committed this horrible crime or any other like it. The only point I'm trying to make here is that if we--as a society--made them this way, then we owe it to ourselves to try and understand and fix whatever went wrong. Or else we'll just shoot these guys and have another two waiting in the bullpen to destroy another innocent family.

My sister is a veteranarian, and she can tell you too many stories about people who buy a dog and then mistreat the dog for years by chaining it up to a tree and not giving it enough food and stuff like that. Then the dog bites someone and they blame the dog and put it to sleep. I think there are people in America who get treated worse than those dogs.

We can't undo the horrible damage that was done to the Petit family. The best legacy we can give them now is to fix the things that are wrong in our society, help the young men who are right now being treated like dogs, so that this never, ever happens again.

"There is a simple solution to every complex problem, and it's wrong."--Umberto Eco

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning!
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

12.13.13 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

IMO< home invasion is one of the most horrific crimes one person can commit on another. Its fucking savage!!

For a man to have to watch while his wife and children are raped and murdered in his own home has got to be more excrutiating than any other form of torture.

The animals who committed this crime need to be put down.
    "The spirit can not be contempt. The spirit can not be sour and angry" - DLR on The NEW Van Halen

"Shutthefuckupity" - DIF on John Cusack.

"Baby, where'd you sleep last night?
    Your hair is all tangled
    and you ain't walking right." - Robert Johnson

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    We are building more prisons. America has a greater percentage of its population behind bars than any other nation. Do you feel safer?
    Prisons are big business... You don't think any politician who's receiving campaign funds from these operations are going to want to push laws that would lower the number of prisoners, do ya?
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton